Good to You

Chapter Three

The day of the show was today. I still couldn't process what was happening; it all seemed too surreal. The ride to Toronto was nerve wrecking.

We got to the venue a couple hours before doors opened. My palms were getting sweaty and my heart was racing. There was a line forming outside and I knew the closer it came to the show starting, the longer that line was going to be. I was going to be performing in front of all those people..

I walked up to the ticket booth to claim my tickets. "Uh, hi. I'm here to pick up my tickets."

The lady behind the booth looked up at me and smiled. "Name?"

"Jessica Maiorino."

She typed something into her computer and raised an eyebrow. "You're the gal who's supposed to perform tonight, aren't you? I see you're guest listed." I smiled at the sound of that. I've never been guest listed for anything before, and it feels amazing to know I am for my favorite band's show. "Yeah, that's me." I giggled. She handed me my tickets and smiled again. "Good luck, sweetie."

I waited on line like a normal person, looking around to see how many people were here. It's funny to think these people don't know I'll be on stage tonight. The boy's bus pulled up and girls began screaming, trying to get over to the bus but security made sure that didn't happen. I tried to get a better look and I saw the boys walk off, one at a time, waving at everyone. I smiled and wondered if I should go over there to tell them I'm the girl who won. But I just stayed on line, waiting until doors opened.

Finally they did, and girls began running to get right in front of the stage. I walked around, trying to find a way to get backstage, which is where I was supposed to be. I walked through a door that directed you to a long hallway. I began walking until a security guard came up to me and stopped me.

"Excuse me, you're not allowed to be back here."

"Oh but I'm-"

"She's with me." I heard from behind me. I turned around and Josh was standing there, smiling at me. Josh fucking Ramsay was in front of my face and I could barely say a word to him. I just smiled and looked back at the security guard. Josh walked closer and looked at me. "You're Jessica, right?"

"Um, y-yeah hi." Great, I'm already stuttering. The guard walked away after confirming I was allowed to be there and Josh walked me backstage. I met up with the rest of the guys and exchanged hugs with them.

"Are you nervous?" Josh asked me right before the show started. I looked back at him and his blue eyes were gazing at me.

"A little, yeah.."

He giggled at me. "Don't be, it'll be over before you know it."

The boys began their show and they were amazing. I was on next; my heart was pounding so loudly. I paced back and forth, praying that I wouldn't forget the lyrics or fall on stage or have anything embarrassing happen to me. Ian, Matt and Mike walked off stage and passed by me, each wishing me good luck. I looked back on stage and Josh had his guitar, talking to the audience and introducing me. I walked on and people began cheering. I felt my cheeks get red and I just stared at Josh, waiting for him to begin singing. And just as Josh said, it was over before I knew it. The crowd was cheering loudly and I smiled, looking over at Josh who was smiling at me.

I walked off stage and my mom hugged me tightly, telling me I did a great job. "Jess!" I turned around and Josh was behind me. I bit my lip and smiled. "Hey, you did amazing! I'm glad I picked you as the winner, you killed it." I giggled and tried to hide the fact that I was blushing to the extreme.

"Wow thank you, that means a lot coming from you, you did amazing as well." He reached his arms out and hugged me; I stepped into his embrace and smiled against his chest, which I'm glad he didn't notice.

The guys continued their show, putting on an amazing performance, as always. I watched from side stage, singing and dancing along to each song. When the show was over, I stayed backstage while I waited for my mom to bring the car around. I thanked the boys for having me and told them how perfect they did. Right before I left, Josh caught me by the door. "Hey Jess, just one more thank you for coming out here tonight, you were incredible." I blushed and smiled, this time I'm sure he noticed. "Thank you for picking me, this experience was amazing, I'll never forget this day." He smiled and hugged me once more; I guess he put cologne on or something because he smelt amazing. I hugged him tightly, this was a dream come true. I said my goodbyes and went into the car, waving to the guys one last time before heading back home.

I called Angela when I got home and told her how everything went and that the guys put on an amazing show. "Is Josh cuter in person?" I laughed and nodded, though she couldn't see that.

"Very, he was so sweet too. I really wish this night didn't end."

"You should've made out with him!"

I rolled my eyes and laughed loudly. "Are you kidding? I would've had NO chance to do that, besides it's Josh and he has a girlfriend."

"You don't know until you try, sweetheart." I rolled my eyes again. "Trust me, I would if I could." I laughed at my own response. Truth be told, Josh is perfect. I'm sure everyone knows that. But I couldn't even think about ever standing a chance with him because he's a famous musician. Me winning this contest was out of pure luck, I'm not going to push it and say I'll be dating him eventually. It was a ridiculous thought to even be in my head.

"Whatever I'm going to bed, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay, goodnight Mrs.Ramsay." I rolled my eyes and hung up my phone. I cuddled under my blankets and turned off the lamp next to my bed. I replayed all the events from tonight. I still couldn't believe it. I thought about what Angela said, and laughed to myself. Though it was a ridiculous idea, Josh was all I dreamt about that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope this chapter wasn't too bad, keep reading/subscribing!