Good to You

Chapter Four

Everything went back to normal after the day of the show. I found videos on YouTube of our performance and all the comments were so sweet. I smiled to myself and clicked on one video I haven't seen yet.

It was perfect quality, and you could hear the music so clear. I watched closely as I began singing and the camera panned onto Josh, who was gazing at me and smiling. I bit my lip and smiled, was he really staring at me like that the whole time?

I shook my head. It was probably nothing.

I continued watching the video, until a phone call interrupted me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jessica, it's Josh."

My heart stopped. "Oh, h-hi Josh..how are you?"

He giggled. Gosh he was cute...I snapped out of it. "I'm great, so listen, I'm thinking about re-recording the song with your vocals on it..and how would you feel about shooting a music video too?"

Did I hear him correctly? He wants me to star in a music video with him? ME? I could barely make out words. "Um..well I-" He cut me off.

"You would have to fly to Vancouver tomorrow, so we could record the song and shoot the video the next day."

I could barely process any of this. "Um..okay y-yeah. Sounds good."

"Great! See you then!" I hung up the phone.

I just stared blankly into space for a good few minutes before quickly dialing Angela's number. "Hey girly, what's up?"

"Ange..I..I.."

"You what? What's up with you, are you okay?" m

"Um yeah..I just...wow.."

"Jess, you're scaring me..."

I bit my lip and smiled, my smile growing bigger and bigger. "Josh called me..and he.."

"He what?! Oh my god Jess tell me what happened!"

My heart was pounding. "He wants to re-record the song with my vocals on it...and he wants to film a music video too..he wants me to fly out to Vancouver tomorrow.."

There was a second of silence until Angela screamed loudly into the phone. I didn't even pull the phone away because I was still in shock and couldn't find myself to move. "OH MY GOD JESS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. HE TOTALLY WANTS YOU!" I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Oh god Angela, not this again..."

"Seriously though Jess, think about it! Why else would he call you and tell you to re-record the song? Why would he want to go through that whole process unless he knew you were worth his time? I mean, ouch I feel bad for Kate because Josh basically kicked her to the curb," I laughed and she continued speaking. "And he also wants to shoot a music video with you in it?! Good To You is a romantic song, so I bet $100 he's putting you in it as an excuse to make out with you."

I shook my head and continued laughing. "And I bet $100 that's not the case."

I heard her sigh. "Whatever Jess, you're just in denial. But when you end up kissing him, tell me all the details!" With that, she hung up on me.

I can't believe all the things she was saying but I couldn't bring myself to get them out of my head. I wonder how Josh planned out the video, maybe I did get to kiss him? What if I was bad at it? I can't embarrass myself in front of him, I'd rather just die then and there. My heart raced at the thought. Kissing Josh would be..the greatest thing to ever happen to me, hands down. But who knows what'll happen, I'll just have to wait and see..
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys are enjoying this story, keep reading!