Good to You

Chapter Six

Josh booked me a hotel room and shortly dropped me off there. I made my way to my room so I could drop off my bags. I walked in and was amazed.

The bed was huge, which I didn't understand because I was going to be alone here; the windows gave me a great view of Vancouver, it was so beautiful.

I kicked off my shoes and sat on the bed. It was even more comfortable than it looked.

I figured I should start choosing my outfit for tonight. I didn't want to be over dressed and I didn't want to be too under dressed; being a girl was really hard sometimes.

I ended up choosing a tight black dress, not too long and not too short, with black boots. I didn't do anything special with my hair,
I just let it do whatever it pleased. I decided to take a taxi to the bar, since I didn't think Josh would be coming by to pick me up.

The whole way to the bar, I thought about Josh and how he was bringing Amanda tonight. All I really knew about her is that she was Josh's girlfriend and most trenchers hate her. I never understood why, but I guess everyone has their own opinion. I knew Angela was wrong; Josh and I could never be more than friends.

Once I arrived, I got out and tried to look for the boys. The bar was pretty crowded, so it was hard for me to walk around. I ended up seeing Mike's mohawk from where I was standing so I made my way over to him and gently tapped his shoulder. "Jessica! I'm glad you made it!" He greeted me warmly with a smile.

"Hey Mike, where's everyone else?"

"I'm not too sure where Matt and Ian are, but Josh is outside in the back." I nodded and told him I'd see him later. I wanted to stick around Josh because..I felt safe around him. I'm not sure why.

I walked through the back door of the bar and heard some yelling. I figured it was some drunk people who needed to go home cause they've had too much to drink...until I listened closely.

"No! Just fuck you! I'm done. Beyond done."

"Wait just please stop, AMANDA!"

I didn't even realize what was happening until someone bumped into me forcefully. "Sorry." They said flatly, making their way back into the bar. Under the dim light outside, I could faintly see a blonde haired woman walking back inside. I kept walking forward to come across Josh. "Josh..?" I whispered. He turned around to look at me, he almost looked..broken.

"Oh, hi Jess...I'm sorry you had to see that.."

I shook my head slowly. "I-it's fine, I just, um..I came to look for you."

He gave me a half smile. "Really? You didn't even stay inside to drink?"

I shook my head again. "Drinking isn't exactly my thing." I giggled.

Now Josh shook his head. "So why did you come tonight? You didn't have to.."

"I could never miss an opportunity to be with you."

Did I seriously just say that? My cheeks were on fire; I'm basically flirting with him after I just saw him and his girlfriend get into a serious fight! Who does that!? My eyes widened when I realized what I said and I tried to cover it up. "U-um, I..I mean like.." Yeah,
nice save. I'm an idiot.

But what Josh did was unexpected. For once, he smiled genuinely since I've seen him. A smile so big and full, it made me melt inside. I couldn't help but blush even more, and smile along with him. I noticed him coming closer to me and my heart began racing. As soon as he was just a couple inches away, he wrapped his arms around me. That's not what I expected, but I should've figured he wouldn't kiss me. I need to stop putting those ridiculous ideas in my head. I hugged him back tighter, soaking in his smell of cologne. I felt like we hugged for a life time. He gently pulled away, and looked into my eyes. My heart was pounding. "Thank you." He whispered. I giggled softly. "For what?" He smiled down at me. "For being so sweet, and cute..and for being a good friend." Friend. My heart died down after that. I'm not sure why I even got worked up over any of this, I told myself to stop thinking about the impossible...but it was all I ever thought about. "Oh..no problem. I'm here always." He leans down and gently kisses my cheek. There goes my heart again. I smiled stupidly once he pulled away. "Let's go enjoy ourselves now, okay?" I nodded and followed him back into the bar.

Okay, I admit it. I developed a crush on Josh. Despite the fact that I think Angela is ridiculous for telling me all those things, I couldn't bring myself to not think about it...crushing was an understatement, I was falling for him. Hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope this chapter wasn't too bad, things are gonna get crazy soon! keep reading/subscribing xox