Good to You

Chapter Seven

The rest of the night was surprisingly fun. I don't usually drink, but I took my chances tonight. I stopped after I felt a buzz, knowing I would have to call a taxi to bring me home, I didn't want to be black out drunk.

It was a little over 1 am and I decided it was time for me to leave. As I was walking out of the bar, I felt someone grab my arm. "Jess, where are you going?" I turned around to see a double headed Josh. I closed my eyes and re-opened them, trying to gain back my focus. "I think I'm going to call it a night and get some rest, I don't feel like waking up with a terrible hangover tomorrow." I giggled. Josh gave me a half smile and pulled me closer to him. My heart began beating faster. "How about I call a cab and pay for your fare?" I shook my head. "It's fine, I'll be okay." Josh smilied deviously for a while before saying "You're right, you will be okay, because I'll drive you back." I laughed at him. "Are you nuts? You've had more to drink than me, there's no way I'm letting you take control of a car." Josh just shook his head and began pulling me towards the parking lot. "Trust me Jess, I'll be okay." I tried pulling away from his grip but he was strong; so much stronger than I gave him credit for. I had a horrible feeling about this and I kept trying to convince Josh to not drive, but he didn't listen. I got in the car because I was paranoid for Josh's safety; I didn't think I could watch over him much but at least I would be there with him.

Surprisingly, after a while of me hyperventilating and shutting my eyes every couple of minutes, we made it back to my hotel. I thanked Josh for the ride and before I could open the door to step out of his car, he grabbed my arm again. "What, you're not going to invite me inside?" He smirked at me. I felt my cheeks burn. I guess it wouldn't hurt to have some company, besides I don't want Josh driving back home alone in his state; I'd rather him rest for a while. I smiled and sighed. "Fine, come with me."

He quickly followed me to my room, stumbling a few times over his own feet. When I opened the door, he went over to my bed and plopped down on it, stretching himself out. I laughed at him and shook my head. "Someone clearly had too much to drink." He peeked his head up and smirked at me. I went over and sat next to his body. I thought for a little while, then spoke up. "Why were you and Amanda fighting before?" I looked down at him and he was gazing at me. I feel like I had hurt him by asking that and I quickly regretted it. "I-I'm sorry if that's too personal..y-you don't have to answer it.." He shook his head slowly and then sat up. "Don't worry, I don't mind," He took a deep breath and sighed.

"I'm not really feeling it with Amanda anymore; I feel bad saying it but it's true. I can't stay with someone who doesn't make me happy. I've tried waiting it out to see if my feelings would change back to how it used to be but it hasn't happened. I tried telling her that tonight, thinking the alcohol could give me some form of courage. She ended up yelling at me before I could explain myself."

"Oh..I'm so sorry.." I barely whispered. He looked over at me again and gave me a warm smile. "Don't be, it sucks how shit ended but, at least it did." I gave him a half smile. "Yeah.."

He stared at me for a while, as if comtemplating something. I wanted to break his gaze, but I couldn't find myself to. After a while, he smiled at me. "You know Jess," he began, barely whispering, "I'm really glad I met you...I feel like, if you were anyone else, I wouldn't have had as much fun as I did with you today." I began blushing and bit my lip so I didn't interrupt him. "Call me crazy but, there's just something about you..I can't explain.." My cheeks were on fire; I had no idea what to say. "R-really?" He smiled and nodded. I sighed and smiled right back. "I'm glad I met you too, Josh. This has been a dream come true and I can't thank you enough for making this possible. I don't think anything can top this d-" He crashed his lips into mine before I could continue. I tried my best to make sure my heart didn't pound out of my chest. I was screaming on the inside; I felt like I just froze. My mind was racing and I couldn't find myself to breathe. This has been in my dreams and never in a million years would I have expected this to happen.

All I could do was cup his face in my hands and kiss back slowly. I could taste the alcohol on his lips. The alcohol. My heart dropped. Maybe he was only doing this because he was drunk...

I pulled away more forcefully than I meant to. I just couldn't believe it. Was I his rebound? Just because he got in a fight with Amanda, doesn't mean he's single. Why did I kiss him? I'm so stupid!

I quickly got off my bed and went over to my door. "I-I think you need to go.." He looked at me with sad eyes. "Jess..what do you-" "Josh please! Just go!" I felt bad raising my voice but Josh got up, shooting me another sad look, before walking out the room and closing the door behind him. And that's when I cried myself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
uh oh. (keep reading guys xoxo)