Good to You

Chapter Eight

I woke up the next morning with my eyes burning from the night before. My hair was a mess; I didn't want to get up.

I still felt terrible for what I did to Josh last night, and worst part of it all is I have to face him again today. I tried to come up with an excuse for why I acted like that towards him; I could tell him the alcohol made me snap, that's believable, right?

I sighed and made my way over to my bathroom to get ready. It was going to be a long day.

The director of the music video, Colin, texted me informing me where we'd be shooting the music video. I called a cab and gave the driver the address, and we were soon on our way. The whole car ride, I felt extremely nervous. Not only because I haven't talked to Josh since the incident last night, but because I knew there was a chance this music video would feature us doing some sort of romantic thing; I felt like that would be awkward for the both of us.

I finally reached the set, it was inside this huge building. I walked inside and saw Colin, so I made my way over. He spotted me before I got close. "Hey Jessica! Glad you made it. This is Anne," he gestured to the woman next to him "and she'll be doing your hair and makeup for the shoot." He smiled at me and I smiled back. "Sounds good."

I followed Anne to a spot in the building where there were chairs, a whole bunch of different articles of clothing, and piles of makeup. She tapped on the seat of one of the chairs, signaling me to sit down. After she grabbed a bag of makeup, she made her way back over to me. "Josh was telling me about you," she began.

My heart started racing. "O-oh? Really?"

She nodded. "I think it's incredible that you were some fan that won a contest to sing on stage, and now you're here. That's an amazing strike of luck, if you ask me." She smirked at me and I felt my cheeks get red.

"Yeah.." I giggled. "I am pretty lucky."

She began to fix up my hair. She experimented with different looks, until she found the perfect one. She curled my hair, put the lightest shade of eyeshadow on my eyes, and gave me nice red lips. She spun the chair around so I'd be facing the mirror. I gasped; I looked so different. "Wo-ow, you're amazing. This looks great."

She smiled. "Well honey, you're already naturally beautiful, no need to thank me." I blushed and smiled at her. "Thank you."

She walked back over to me handing me a red dress. "There's a dressing area over there, go put this on." I did as I was told and made my way over to where she pointed.

I walked back out and she smiled at me. "You look so lovely." I smiled and walked back over to the mirror. My eyes grew wide again. The dress matched everything perfectly; I felt like a princess.

"Jessica? We need you on set." I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Colin.

"Wow, you look awesome!" He smiled at me and I blushed again. "Thanks," I made my way over to him. "So, can you tell me what the concept of the video is? I'm curious."

He smiled again. "I almost forgot to tell you! I apologize, but anyway, I came up with this idea of the setting to be an olden days bar scene. Josh would be a bar tender, the rest of the boys would be waiters. You would be the beautiful lounge singer, who Josh is secretly in love with," I felt my cheeks get red and my heart began racing. "You obviously feel something for him too; I'm gonna make the camera pan over your faces and you guys will be staring at each other with a love gaze," I bit my lip and nodded, letting him continue. "Then your 'boyfriend', who's played by my friend Jake, and his friends walk into the bar and try to get you to leave by forcibly grabbing you while you fight back," He paused for a moment and began chuckling. "Don't worry you won't get hurt." I giggled and nodded again. "Josh would then stand in front of him while he drags you out, but he doesn't fight him cause Jake is too strong so he just pushes past Josh, but in the ending scene, I'm going to have them fight and in the final shot, I'll have you guys sing together and then kiss." He smiled triumphantly, seeming proud of his idea.

I nodded. "Oh wow, sounds like a great plan." I said with a shaky voice; he didn't seem to notice.

Of course I had to kiss Josh, just my luck, right? I walked on set and it was set up so nicely. There were extras everywhere, the girls all had dresses on and the guys had suits. I saw Matt a couple feet away from me; he turned around to meet my stare and began walking towards me.

"Hey Jess! Are you excited to film?"

No, I'm terrified. Josh probably hates me, my heart feels as if it's going to beat out of my chest.

I smiled and nodded. "Totally, this is incredible." He smiled. "Well, the rest of the guys are over there, if you wanna come say hi."

I didn't want to be rude so I nodded and followed him. All of them were dressed in the same waiter attire and I couldn't help but laugh to myself. "You all look.."

Ian cut me off. "Stunning, I know." We all broke out in laughter. "Very stunning." I added.

"I think you look stunning." I heard quietly from behind me. I turned around to meet those same blue eyes that got my heart racing. "T-thank you, Josh," I said quietly. He gave me a small smile and nodded. "No problem."

"Alright guys, we're going to start shooting now." I heard Colin call over to us. We made our way on set, and right before we started, Josh came over to me, bending down to whisper in my ear.

"Good luck." I heard, his voice sending chills down my spine. I bit my lip and he started walking back on set. I stood there like an idiot, my heart beginning to race again. That's when I knew I was crazy about him, and there was no denying it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like the story so far, let me know what you think!