His Hazel Eyes

Promise Me?

"Hey..You're Ginger Fish..right?" This fan had gorgeous hazel eyes that stared to the ground as his hand was in a hand shake position. He was short probably about five feet tall, thin, long black hair draped past his shoulders, his bangs were grown out and needs a trim, a Marilyn Manson 1998 band tee shirt was twice his size and was long enough to call a dress, biting his chapped lips, long ass uneven natural grown out finger nails, and leaning on one leg at a time but constantly switching which leg to lean on. So I see, he is at this Adult Autistic group and refuses to make eye contact, but still his hazel eyes are lovely.

"Yes I am. What's Your name?" He looked up at me then back down at his really patched up old converse sneakers. It was like he wanted to answer but was afraid to answer. I also believed he was probably debating about answering inside his head. He lowered the hand he wanted to shake with but I moved my head to shake it anyway. He frozed for a few moments, nodded and responded a mumble of "Thank You so much." As I waved goodbye and turned to walk away, I heard him say. "My name is...."

After that meeting, I went back to Los Angeles with my wife, a year has passed. It's February 2015 now, I am now forty nine years old, and all of last month my dreams in my deep sleep, is all reoccurring dreams every night. They are all the same, he is in every single one! He says he is my husband and that this is real life, while when I awake Rosie is my wife in the real world. Which one is a dream? Which one isn't? Either way, It's time for bed.

--

"Gingy, Where's Lola?" Even though he never tells me, everyone or everything in this dream world calls him Hazel. Why Hazel? I guess even in dream land, his hazel eyes are noticeable.
"Doll, Who's Lola?" I look at him while trying to get this wine glass looking spotless. One thing I know for sure everything has to perfect to him. One spot or smudge on any dishware or table utensils, and he wont use it. Even if its clean!
"Remember I always wanted a black cat and name her Lola? Well I found a stray by the flower garden out back, and I love her and I gave her food and water. She must be here somewhere. Lola! Lola! Lola, Where are ya!" He yelled.

Even if this was true, I felt a presence of something watching us. I looked up and saw something small, black, with red beeny eyes staring at me in the cupboard. "RAT!!" I jumped back pointing.
"Aww you found her! Lola, come here girl!" He smiled and whistled. I just then noticed its a black rabbit not a rat, but still he calls it his cat.

---

"Gingy?" He always lay on his side with his head and legs wrapped around me. We don't sleep together, but he likes it when he falls asleep next to me. I ask him every time 'Why don't we fall asleep together and wake up together than just making me lay here until you fall asleep?' He answers something different every time. 'I don't want to kick or accidentally hit you in my sleep. I snore real loud. I get tangled up with the comforter. I drool when I sleep.' Always a different excuse.

"Yeah?" I asked while trying to tune out Mechanical Animals playing mid volume on his stereo. He plays that album every night to lure him into sleep. Now, that he has me, he asks a thousand questions about myself and my former band mates before falling asleep.

"Promise me you wont leave me again? I don't want to be alone. I'll be afraid." He says this every night and again, I reply the same thing, "I promise."

---

"Are you sure you are okay?" Rosie asks concerned to see my tired face.
"Im okay." After all that's been going on lately, I've been able to accept it. Maybe Hazel eyes is my soul mate? He has been appearing in my dreams every night for a month.

"I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
~TwiggyLeeManson