Status: If you guys like it, I'll keep going. If not, I'll put up the one I've been writing for a while but too scared to post. Please guys, I need your help. So I'll happily take suggestions n

Just Call Me Later

Mystery to Me

"Wow, you seriously thought you can just come and apologize and I'd take you back? What type of person do you think I am?" I said, speed walking down the busy street, away from Karlee.

" Hayley, I'm sorry," Karlee whispered, grabbing my arm, "But you can't leave me. I need you."

I look at her with a questioning look in my eyes. She looked like she was about to cry right in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Yu should've thought about that when you cheated. You are nothing to me now. Good life."

And I walk away with what's left of my pride. But as I walked away, I heard her say something like: You'll be sorry. I can hurt you more than the Nazis hurt the Jews. I had to run then, into the nearest store, which I noticed was full of young waitresses.

"Call the police, please," I said to the nearest one," My ex just threatened me and she's outside."

The girl nodded as she went to the back. The telly was on the news, which now talked abou the best actors in London. Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie, and the oh so fine Benedict Cumberbatch. I sat down, eyes transfixed to the screen, and took inthe news that Benny was now taking a break from acting to go back to teaching, just for a few months or so.

I didn't realize the police came until the news was switched to the show Doctor Who. They came in and talked to the girl who phoned them, and she pointed at me, then nodded at me to come over.

I walk over as professional as I could and stopped in front of them.

"You the one who has been threatened?" the woman police asked.

I nodded. "Yes."

"We'll need the name and description of the offender. So we make sure you are safe."

"Her name is Karlee Timmins, and she's my ex girlfriend. She white with a brown pixie cut. Her arms are full of tattoos."

After a few more minutes of answering their questions, they left, and I paid the girl who phoned them. At first she refused the money, saying she just wanted to help, but I insisted. Reluctantly, she slipped the money into her back pocket, and thanked me.

"No problem. You probably saved my life."

"I wouldn't go that far, miss. I just called them simply because you asked."

"My name is Hayley, and you did. How could I ever repay you?"

"Oh no! You already paid me." She tried to surpress her laughter.

I laughed along, and then she looked around, finally looking back at me seriously.

"Well, you could come around here more often. This place is as slow as a snail reading the turtle's news paper," she said, walkin me to the door, "Plus I need new customers I. Here or my boss might fire me."

I nodded in agreement, opening the door cautiously looking at my surroundings.

"You have my word... I'm sorry. I don't know your name."

"Patricia. Old stupid name."

"Hey. I think it's cool. Anyway, see you around, Trish."

"Trish? Why didn't I ever think of that? All through high school, I went through Patricia. I should've met you a long time ago."

We laughed together, then I left the store, hands in my pockets, watching the world go by. What she said must've been true, we did have some strange sudden connection that meant we were supposed to be best friends, or possibly something more. I don't know yet.

I check my phone, where I found about ten missed calls and a bunch of texts from Karlee.

You can't leave me.
Hayleeyyy.
Please don't be this way.

But the one that got me was:

You will be sorry. Calling the cops on me? I think not.

Chilled to the bone, I stop at the place I parked my motorcycle. I put on my gloves, but then I get a call, so I checked it. I wasn't Karlee, because I knew her number by heart and it wasn't blocked either. It was the same area code.

"Hello? Is this Hayley Taylor?" asked a deep voice over the phone.

"Yeah, who is this?"

"Ben, you study English right? At Cambridge?"

"Yeah. I do. But how exactly do you know that?"

"I'm Ben, as in Benedict Cumberbatch. I have what I want and get what I need."

The fuck?! Did I hear that right?!?!?!

"Well, Mr. Cumberbatch, I think you got the wrong number. I don't understand how you got my number," I said, trying to hold my composure.

He chuckled. "No love. This is the right number. I need your help. I want to teach English again. Go back to a simpler time, and I contacted your school, and you have the best marks in your class."

Shame on me for being so smart.

"I'll think about it. Maybe we can meet somewhere instead of me getting awkward calls when I'm paranoid."

"Why... Nevermind. Maybe tomorrow at 4? My place?"

Oh what the heck, I need a little excitement in my life. I'll go to "Benedict Cumberbatch's" house tomorrow. Who'll I find? Probably a 16 year old horny boy.

"Sure, sure."

"Good. I'd appreciate it if you dressed nice." Why?

"No problem. Tomorrow then. I need your address."

"I'll pick you up. Don't worry about transportation."

This was getting weird.

"Okay. Thanks, I think."

"Oh Hayley, I am the one who should be thanking you." His voice seemed to get deeper throughout the call. Smoother too.

"Well I that case, you're welcome, Mr. Cumberbatch."

Before I hung up, I heard:

"Just call me Ben."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this gets your attention to keep reading. But please comment and make suggestions, I only want it to appeal to you.

Ben talks to Hayley, hmm, what can happen there? But Hayley met Trish, and something can happen there. But Karlee? I don't think she want to let go just yet. ;)