Status: Complete. <3

Safe Haven

1 of 1

Safe Haven (Synacky) ~ 1 of 1:
***********************************

Safe haven ~ (noun) A place of refuge or security

Zacky Baker stared at his best friend's house. It had been a while, days, really, since he or the rest of Avenged Sevenfold had heard anything from Brian Haner, and they were all worried. But none as much as Zacky. He knew what was going on beyond the walls of the luxurious house and he was sickened with himself because he had just sat by idly and ignored it. He just couldn't do it anymore. He just hoped that Brian would answer the door and hear him out. He'd tried to have this talk with the other guitarist before and it hadn't worked out the way that he'd wanted it to. Actually, it had caused a huge rift and tension between them.

Zacky jumped when someone knocked on the driver's side window of his black BMW. He turned and saw a grinning Brian standing on the other side. Taking a deep breath and sighing, he pushed the button and the window slid down with a whir.

"What the fuck are you doin' out here, Zack?" Brian asked with an amused smirk.

Zacky's brow furrowed as the sunlight revealed a make-up covered black eye on Brian's face. He hesitated for a moment and then sighed, shrugging. "I don't know. It's been a while since anybody's heard from ya and I just wanted to make sure you were all right."

"And sitting in your car in my driveway like some weird, epic fail of a stalker is making sure I'm all right?"

"Fuck off, Brian," Zacky grumbled, narrowing his eyes behind his sunglasses.

"Testy. Anyways, fucktard, are ya comin' inside or are ya just gonna sit out here like some driveway decoration?" Brian asked, raising a challenging eyebrow.

Zacky killed the engine of the BMW, unbuckled his seat belt and exited his car, locking the doors and enabling the alarm. He followed Brian up the driveway and into the house, the air conditioning making his skin break out into goosebumps.

"Go crash in the living room and I'll get us some drinks," Brian said, pointing in the direction of the large living room while he headed on to the kitchen.

Zacky walked into the living room and plopped onto the couch, smiling when Brian's bright white Maltese, Pinkly, scampered into his lap, her tail wagging excitedly.

"I swear Pinkly only reacts that way to me and you. She's a picky little bitch," Brian laughed as he came into the room, two ice cold cans of beer in his hands. He gave one to Zacky and then took a seat at the opposite end of the couch, folding his legs up under himself.

"Thanks," Zacky said, sipping at his drink.

Brian shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, no problem. Now, what's up, Zack? And don't tell me it's a band thing. There's something else on your mind. I can tell."

Zacky took a deep breath and sighed. "You'll just get mad at me, Bri."

"Since when?" Brian asked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "You know that we tell each other everything. Or at least, I thought we did."

"We've had this argument before, Brian."

"Does this have to do with Doug?"

Zacky averted his eyes from Brian as he nodded his head, his fingers nervously playing with the tab on the aluminum can in his hand.

"Jesus, Zack, I know that you don't like him but that doesn't mean that I can't be with him. Doug is my boyfriend."

"I know that," Zacky sighed.

"If you know that, then why do you always wanna bring it up?" Brian asked testily.

"You know why," Zacky replied softly, feeling himself blush a little bit at the memory of the declaration of love he'd given to his fellow guitarist in front of a whole group of people a few years earlier.

Brian sighed and rolled his eyes. "It seems to me that you're just jealous, Zack, and it's got to stop. It's gotta stop before it ruins our friendship."

Zacky whipped his head around and glared at Brian. "You think I'm jealous? Jealous?" He slid Pinkly from his lap, slammed his barely touched beer on the coffee table and pushed himself up to his feet. "You are a Grade-A asshole, Brian Haner! I'm not jealous of Doug Barfield! Why would I ever be jealous of a douchebag that treats you like shit on the bottom of his overpriced designer fuckin' shoes?"

"You're sounding jealous right now. Doug has what you want...me, and you don't like that," Brian growled out, clutching tightly to the can in his hand, sending some of the bubbling liquid running over his fingers.

"You know what, Brian, I may love you, but that isn't the only reason I don't like Doug. If he was any other guy on this whole fuckin' planet, you'd kick his ass through the fuckin' ground for hitting you and treating you as nothing more than a personal ATM. Open your fuckin' eyes before it's too fuckin' late! I won't go to your funeral when he kills you, Brian, and that is exactly what he's gonna do!" Zacky snarled, storming from the living room and outside, slamming the door shut behind him so hard that the windows on either side of it rattled loudly.

Brian sat, stunned, blinking in confusion as he heard a car start up outside, back out of the driveway and screech down the street. He bit at his bottom lip as Zacky's words sunk in. He didn't want to admit that the other man was right and not because he didn't believe that Doug did use him as a personal ATM and hit him whenever he didn't get his way. He knew that. He didn't want to admit it because he was afraid to give in. Give into what he truly wanted. And what he truly wanted was Zacky. He wouldn't have to worry about jumping through unattainable hoops to please him. He wouldn't have to worry about being bled dry financially and he definitely wouldn't have to worry about being touched in anger. Being able to call the other guitarist his own had been all he really wanted to begin with. He was so lost in thoughts of a life with Zacky that he didn't hear the door open and his boyfriend calling out to him, telling him to get ready to entertain his friends.

"Hey! I'm talking to you, you stupid bitch," Doug yelled, slapping Brian across the back of the head.

"What the fuck, Doug! Don't you know how to ring the fuckin' doorbell?" Brian growled.

"I don't need to ring the doorbell. I live here. Now, get your sorry ass up and get me and my friends some beers and order some food because you can't cook worth shit. Hurry the fuck up, you worthless shit!" Doug screamed, slapping the back of Brian's head repeatedly.

Pinkly growled, lunged and bit into Doug's hand, holding on until she was backhanded across the room, yelping as she hit the wall. Incensed, Brian rushed to his feet, dove onto Doug and lost control, beating the shit out of the man beneath him. He got to his feet moments later, grabbed Doug by the collar of his shirt, dragged him down the hall, opened the door, dragged him down to the end of the driveway and tossed him into the middle of the street. He spun around as he heard footsteps behind him.

"What? You want me to kick your asses, too?" Brian snarled, his eyes full of fury.

Both of Doug's friends held their hands up in surrender and shook their heads. "No, man. We're leavin'."

"Good! Take him with you! Don't ever come back, Doug, or you'll regret it! It's over!"

"You don't...You don't mean that," Doug panted as he got to his feet, wiping at the blood trickling from his nose.

"Yes, I do mean it. I'm done with this shit. Go find someone else that will put up with your bullshit because I won't. Not anymore."

"You'll be all alone, Brian, and I know how much you hate that. Zacky won't be with you and you know it," Doug smirked.

"Since when does a douchebag like you speak for Zacky?" Matt Sanders asked as he walked up the driveway, his wife beside him.

"I do believe Brian told you to leave and not come back, Barfbag," Ziah Sanders stated, a huge grin across her face.

"You'll come crawling back, begging me to take your sorry ass back," Doug grumbled, getting into his car and speeding off.

"Yeah, when I start wearing Powerpuff Girls thongs," Brian replied before turning and hurrying up the driveway and back into his house. He ran into the living room, scooped Pinkly up into his arms and began to check her over. "My poor Pinkly Winklies. Are you okay?"

Pinkly yipped and licked Brian's nose as Matt and Ziah exchanged looks and laughed.

"Sometimes I worry about you, bro," Matt said, shaking his head.

"Like you don't baby talk Bella and Chaos," Brian replied, arching an eyebrow.

"Oh, you know that he does and it's truly disturbing," Ziah answered with an evil smirk.

"Baby, you are not supposed to say that," Matt whined, sticking his bottom lip into a pout.

"Says who?" Ziah asked, cocking her head to the side and pursing her lips.

"Admit it, Shads, you are so pussy-whipped. My sister has you on a short leash and you know it," Brian laughed.

"Fuck off, Gates!" Matt grumbled, flipping his brother-in-law off.

Ziah grabbed Matt's hand and started to tug him towards the door. "I believe you have somebody to call," she said to her brother before she left the house, pulling her husband along behind her.

"Hey, Gates, remember, Zacky doesn't like the Powerpuff Girls!" Matt yelled out just as the door slammed shut.

Brian shook his head and rolled his eyes. He set Pinkly down on the floor, gave her one of her favorite bacon treats and pulled his cell phone from his pocket. He bit at his bottom lip as he tried to decide whether he should text Zacky or call him to apologize and ask that he come back over so that they could talk. Taking a deep breath and then letting out a sigh, he chose to call. After all, it would be much more personal than just a quick 'Hey, fucker, we need to talk.' text.

"What do you want?" Zacky growled out when he answered.

"I...Look, Zack, I'm sorry."

"Mmhhmm. Whatever."

"Will you just come back so we can talk, face-to-face. Please?" Brian asked, well more like begged.

Zacky sighed and Brian knew that he rolled his eyes. "I don't know, Brian."

"Pweeeease," Brian pouted, adding a bit of a sniffle, knowing that it would most likely get him his way.

"You fucker," Zacky groaned. "You know I can't say no when you do that."

"I know," Brian laughed. "Bring Icky and Moot so they can play with Pinkly."

"Okay."

"And an overnight bag, too."

"Brian, what the fuck are we, two teenaged, Bieber loving girls?" Zacky asked, the laughter evident in his voice.

"Pssshhh, puhlease, Bieber Shieber. I prefer my men a little more...well, no, a lot more manly."

"Yeah, me, too. All right, I'll be there in about an hour."

"Sounds fine to me. See ya then, babe. Love you," Brian rambled out before he pulled the phone down from his ear and ended the call. He plopped down onto the couch, pulled a decorative pillow over his face and screamed into it. "You just had to say that."

Pinkly looked up from the floor where she sat beside Brian's feet, head cocked to the side and eyes blinking in confusion. After a moment, she jumped onto the couch, bounded over onto Brian's lap and started to dig at the pillow with a whine.

Brian pulled the pillow from his face and stared at his dog. "Why is all this shit always so complicated?"

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Less than an hour later...

Brian jumped, startled, as Zacky's dogs came darting into his house with exuberant barks and then darted off with Pinkly to tear through the house like they usually did. He barely turned to face the direction he heard footsteps coming from when he was spun around completely and pulled right into a deep kiss. Moaning, he clung tightly to Zacky as he kissed him as hungrily and passionate in return. They were both panting, trying to regain their breathing, once they pulled apart.

"Wow," Brian breathed.

Zacky smirked and raised his eyebrows, pulling his arms from around Brian, but sliding his hand down to take one of Brian's into it. "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that."

Brian nodded his head, nibbling at his bottom lip. He released his lip and squeezed Zacky's hand. "Kiss me again," he whispered.

Zacky pulled his hand from Brian's, stepped closer to him, cupped his face in his hands and kissed him tenderly, letting all the love he'd felt for the other man the whole time they'd known each pour out into it. He groaned as he felt Brian's hands trail down his back and come to rest on his hips, giving them a squeeze as their tongues twisted together.

"I love you," Brian finally whispered against Zacky's lips as their foreheads rested together and they stared into each other's eyes with smiles.

"I love you, too," Zacky whispered back, pressing a soft, simple kiss to Brian's lips.