Status: let's see xx

Have You Ever Known?

your highness

I squinted my eyes as the sunlight peeked in my curtains, woke me and made me even dizzier. I scratched an eye and throw my legs on the side of the bed to sit down when I realized wrong move.

The room was spinning, I have clogged nose, hammering headache and my throat is burning.

It was a good thing that it was our last day of vacation when the pier happened and my body decided to get sick. And I’m sure as soon as the world knowing where we were, it would be madness. I was a little thankful for that, but knowing Harry might get shit from the management was making me uncomfortable.

The day we had to leave, my body don’t feel good and was in robot mode. This would happen when I’m going to be sick. I mean, I do what I had to do—I packed my stuff, ate and before I could even process it, we head off back to our lives, but because of the heavy feeling, I’m too incoherent to join the conversation or just participate to our human lives. After all, I was already not feeling well when I fell asleep last night and to my dismay, it didn’t disappear when I woke up.

Dani noticed this and gave me a capsule convincing me to take it to at least prevent a fever, which I groaned at but followed. I had to cover myself up and doubled my sweater because just the chilly air feels freezing for me.

I heard clamming of pots and a cabinet opened from outside, and I stood up—this time slower.

I saw Dani reaching up to grab a bowl in the cupboard when I flopped down on the couch, “I’m ssssick,” I whined and burrowed my face on a throw pillow.

She instantly snapped up to look at me and dropped the wooden spoon she was stirring in the pot, and walked towards me. With my head still face down on the pillow, I flinched when I felt her hand on my neck.

“Your hand’s cold,” I muttered, turning my head to the side and looked at her. She frowned, “You’re hot.”

I gave her a lazy smile, “Thanks.” She shook her head grinning and walking back to the kitchen, “I mean, you seriously have fever.”

“I know, I can feel it,” I replied, seeing her tasting something and turning off the stove. “I’ll make you soup,” she said, looking at me again and I nodded.

I turned to look at the clock beside the television hanging on the wall, and saw the dat. That’s when I realized something. I turned anxiously to look at Dani, unaware of my stare, stirring the soup she’s making.

Today’s the day Dani and Louis are leaving for their post anniversary they still celebrate. Dani was sad when Lou can’t fly back the exact date of their anniversary, but Louis made sure he’d make up for it.

Which he did, with this trip he won’t tell Dani where. I even tried, because Dani insisted, to know where, but he won’t spare a single detail of it. I even tried bargaining on making him a list of they can do after I research, if he tells me where, but he won’t bulge.

“What time are you leaving?” Dani crooked her head, frowning again, “But you’re sick, I can tell Lou—“

“No, you guys should go,” I cut her off. “Louis worked really hard to keep his mouth shut about this, I’m too amused by it not to let you go.”

She smiled a little, still unsure, “Really, Dan,” I sat up, blanket falling off my arms, “I’m gonna be okay, just needs to sleep and rest, ‘s all.”

I ate the soup she made for me, before taking another capsule for the fever, while she got ready. I was back in the couch, remote on hand and flicking channels on the television when she opened her door, luggage on hand.

Settling on a random cooking channel, I smiled at her. “Lou’s driver’s already downstairs, you sure you’re gonna be okay?” She asked, prancing around to make sure she got everything she needed in her bag.

“Don’t worry about me, just enjoy okay!” I assured her, “which I know you will, even if we all don’t know where that goof is taking you.”

“I know,” she rolled her eyes, walking towards the door. “Get well soon, A. You still owe me lots of stories when I get back.”

I nodded eagerly which made my head throb again. I loved how she’s so excited but still worrying about me at the same time.

“Don’t elope, okay!” I shouted, as she stepped out and laughed. “We’ll try not to!” She teased as the door slammed shut.

I drowned myself in my blanket and burrowed my face again on the throw pillow, drowning the television noise and wishing my flu gone by the time I wake up again.

***

Incessant loud knocks woke me up.

This time, I’m feeling a lot better and found myself twisted in my blankets. The thin layer of sweat helped with the cold feeling, but I’m sure it was the effect of the medicine Dani gave—making me sleepy and sweaty. I was still struggling to shake my sleepy state off and untangling myself from what I did sleeping, but the loud knocks didn’t stop.

Whoever this was should tell or do something so important that involves me waking up and opening the door for him or her. Or else.

“I’m coming!” I shouted, stepping out of my pool of blankets and stomped towards the door. I opened the door forcefully, and revealed Harry, grinning from ear to ear and holding a box of pizza and a plastic of—I figured from the stamp on it—takeout.

I gave him a sour look but the smile on his face didn’t falter. “Hello to you, too.”

“What are you doing here?” I released my grip on the doorknob, leaving it open, and turned to go back to the couch. “I’m not feeling weeelll,” I groaned, flopping facedown.

“I know, Dani called me,” he said as he slammed the door shut with his foot and struggled to balance the plastic on top of the pizza. “That’s why I’m here,” setting down the stuff he brought on the counter, “It’s my Nurse Rory duty once again.”

“No need, Haz,” I said, watching him unload the boxes of takeout from the plastic. “Actually, I’m feeling a lot better.”

Harry walked towards the couch, still armful and set it down on the table in the middle. He lifted my feet and set it on his lap as he sat down. I flipped over, sitting up and resting my back on the armrest, feet retaining on his lap and reaching to get a slice of pizza.

He moved forward, to reach for a slice and the remote, sandwiching my feet between his lap and chest. I recoiled a little, but he settled my feet glued on his lap and patted it. I just watched him silently, as he chewed, defining his jawline.

When I first got the fluttering feeling in my stomach confirming my infatuation for him, I understood why him. But I think it was because of how he makes me feel comfortable and warm. I liked talking to him and I feel that he does too. But right now, him sitting rather close to me, I realized something late compared to millions of girls. I now get them.

Aside from those traits I’ve noticed first, it dawned to me that he really is handsome.

He settled on a movie channel, flashing on commercials, as he waited for the commercial ad to be over. “Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” he teased, fighting his urge to smile, eyes remaining on the screen.

Flustered, I turned to look on the television. Princess Diaries 2 was on and I sneered, seeing it a million times already. I was about to grab the remote from Harry but he quickly moved it on his hand farther than me. “Nuh-uh, I haven’t watched this yet,” he argued.

I gave out a grumble and muttered, “Didn’t know you’re into chick flicks,” which he ignored. I crossed my arms but turned to watch anyway. We were silently watching and eating when Harry smirked at me, “Your name’s too common, Amelia.”

“I’ve heard enough of that,” I rolled my eyes, sniffing and wiping the grease on my mouth using the sleeves of my sweater. “Well, I think it’s nice, princess,” he said as my mouth fell.

He shrugged, “What? I just realized when that butler,” he said pointing the actor out, “announced her name.”

I am aware of the use of my name on this movie, but hadn’t dwelled on it, since it wasn’t mentioned that much. But Harry’s too observant for it, and by the smirk still evident on his face, he’s too amused to let it go.

“I mean,” he animatedly used his hands explaining, “it can be our little inside joke, princess.”

So much of those inside jokes.

I rolled my eyes and reached out the empty plate and hid my face. I imitated the scene where Anne Hathaway’s character is making faces behind a fan, and Harry laughed every time I shift the plate and make a face. I giggled, setting the plate down and looked where the movie was on.

Having watched this enough before, I repeated her lines to try to annoy Harry. But to my dismay, he didn’t mind. Only laughing at how ridiculous it was, “See? You can even take her role,” he said in between his giggles.

I laughed but scrunched up my face, “No thanks,” I said shrugging. “Besides, I’d take the crown of being the next queen, by marrying Prince Harry,” I said coolly.

“What? I’m a prince now?” He asked smirking.

“No, silly,” I swatted his arm, “The real Prince Harry.” I moved backward, my back hitting the armrest again. “I’m sure he’s better than that Harry from One Direction.” I said teasingly.

“I know,” He said nonchalantly, playing along. “Heard he’s even a captain in his military career.”

“Yes,” I nodded eagerly. “Unlike the other Harry, who claims he’s manly enough yet can’t stand watching himself gets inked.” I tried not to laugh, snorting at the end and failing miserably.

Hey!” He argued, “Don’t talk like that, I feel like it hurts more when I watch!”

“What?” I wheezed, “We were talking about that kid, Harry of One Direction,” I teased.

He rolled his eyes, “Same person.”

“Cocky much?” I said in a teasing voice, trying to annoy him some more, but knowing him, I know he won’t back down easily.

“I have a reason to be,” he smirked, “I mean”, he said pointing his hands at himself, “look at how good looking I am.” He was smiling, dimples showing, and I wanted to agree with his statement because he really looks good. But I’m too much of a stubborn to let him win this silly banter.

I playfully rolled my eyes, laughing. “And this is why I like Prince Harry more than you.”

Please,” Harry scoffed, “Maybe, I can sing better than him.”

I laughed so hard my head starting to throb again, “Fine,” I agreed. “I’ll let you win,” he smiled like a kid having his way, “but only because you brought me food.” I bargained.

He didn’t bulge, still smiling proudly, “And maybe because you sing better than him. Just maybe.”

“Thank you, thank you,” he said, twirling his hand in the air, bowing down.

And that’s how we spent the rest of the day; we watched movies and shared the food he brought. I was so full and actually feeling a lot better, but took another medicine Dani left at the counter that she reminded me before she left, just to make sure.

I walked back to the living room, Harry flipping the channels idly, and I crouched down the table to clean up. I was gathering the empty boxes, putting it on top of another, when he got my attention by half shouting, “What are you doing?”

I gave him a look, “Duh, what do you think I’m doing,” I stood up, balancing the empty boxes on top of the huge pizza box just like Harry did earlier. “Cleaning up, silly.”

“Stop,” he stood up abruptly, blocking my way and reaching out the junk I’m holding, but I refused to. “You’re still not feeling well right.”

He gave a stern look and still hasn’t let go, so I groaned and mumbled, “I told you I’m feeling a lot—even better earlier, remember.” I followed him after gathering the plates we’ve used, and saw he was disposing the boxes in the little trash bin, but won’t fit. He ended up just placing it on top, and turned to me.

He grumbled when he saw me washing the plates, but I ignored him. He leaned on the sink beside me, arms crossed, frowning. “Don’t be sad, you’ve done enough,” I assured him, rinsing the soapy plate.

But he still didn’t listen and worked on wiping the plates dry. I didn’t say anything anymore, which I think he didn’t mind. When I turned the faucet off, he was just returning the utensils in the cabinets. We’ve retreated back the couch silently, and I snuggled on the blanket, making myself comfortable and laid down, this time, my head was on his lap.

He shifted on his seat a little, holding the sides of my face steady and got the remote. I tried to fight off the sleep, but as soon as Harry found his hand mindlessly playing with my hair, I could only focus on that, even with the loud buzz of the television, this time sleep came easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
funny how last chapter she was having troubles sleeping thinking about harry and now they maybe fell asleep together hah! someone will be confused in the morning, i bet hahahahah

anyway i'm so sorry this was a little late, i got sick (totally a coincidence with amie) so yeah!!!

sooooooooo let me know what you think xx