‹ Prequel: Truth or Dare
Sequel: Hope
Status: ...

You're My Drug

Angry

When I woke up, I was hooked to an IV, and on an uncomfortable hospital bed. Although I knew what happened before visiting Avery in the place, I was confused as to how I ended up being a patient.

“You're awake finally, Sir.” the nurse smiled, and I gave her a confused look.

“Why am I hooked up to an IV, and why can't I feel half my face?” I asked in a little panicked voice.

“You passed out from the pain of your broken cheek bone. And broken nose, you had to have surgery,” she paused, and I knew exactly what she was about to ask. “Who beat you up?” I looked away from her, because I didn't want to think of it. I didn't want to think of Ronnie, but I also didn't want to tell on him. I still loved him.

“I don't remember,” I lied, but she shook her head at me.

“Your friend, Jayy, told us everything. They arrested him, Richard.” she said, and I began crying. I was pissed that Jayy would tell the doctors and cops, and I was also upset.

“None of it's true, he's lying!” I screamed, and two doctors came in. One held me down as I was panicking, and the other stuck a needle in me with medicine that would help me calm down.

++++

When I awoke, the room was dark, and I wasn't feeling all too good. Nobody was with me, and I was all alone. The light that was poking out from under the door was the only thing keeping me sane. As crazy as that sounded, it was the truth.

Then, I heard a knock on the door. “Come in.” I said, and I smiled when I saw Max walk in.

“Are you okay, Richy?” he asked, obviously worried at all the bandages that were covering up my face.

“Yeah, just a little sore and nauseous. But I'll be okay,” I said, sticking out my hand. He grabbed it, and we held hands for a couple of hours. Just talking, smiling, and it was great.

I didn't want to see Jayy, because I considered him dead to me. He had absolutely no right to tell the doctors without my permission. I know he was trying to help, but still.

“Richy!” I heard from the door, and I knew exactly who it was.