Worthwhile

Prologue

I think it's funny how we never stop searching for the perfect partner. But when we finally stop searching or when we start to give up, you find someone who you weren't expecting to meet. You find someone who fills in the hole. You find someone who completes you, or at least you hope they complete you. I think that's the best way to meet someone. For it to not be planned.

I've been searching my whole life for that one person who will be my other half. I'm not saying that I've found him- but I have found someone who makes me feel important, and that's all I've really wanted in life.

I have never been on a real date. I always imagined going on dates but I never got asked on any. It may have been because for eight months I dated a guy who lived 1000 miles away from me. As you can see, it was kind of hard for us to go on dates. Other guys just never actually asked me. If they did it wasn't just the two of us, it was with multiple people. Wait, I lied. I have been on a date. I guess you could call it a joke because that's what it was. I was in eighth grade and this guy I really liked asked me to go to the mall with him. So yeah it wasn't actually considered a "date," but I got there and he was with his friends. Sorry, when I think of a date I think of 2 people doing stuff just the two of them.

Okay so I'm kind of getting off topic. My point that I'm trying to make is that I've never actually been on a date until this one Saturday night happened. It was the first of February. The month of love. Okay not really the month of love but because Valentine's Day hits during February I call it the month of love. We went to a movie and then out to eat. To be honest, I planned the whole scenario in my head before I went. I figured it would be awkward and I would want to go home. Nope, that didn't happen at all. I didn't want the movie to end because I loved being with him. I loved his presence. I loved the way his hand was too big for mine. I loved how his shoulder was touching mine. His touch made me feel important. His touch made me feel like I was worth the world. No, more than the world. It made me feel like the burning stars miles away that lit of the night sky- they lit up the same way my face lit up when I was with him.

Wow, I get off topic a lot. Before the movies I met him at our local mall. All I can tell you is that I was so nervous. My palms were sweaty. Actually no they weren't. But my underarms were. No kidding. When I'm nervous I sweat like no other. It's a really embarrassing thing that I do. Why can't I just stumble my words like other people? It was nerve racking at first. Not in an awkward way, but a way that you don't know what to say. You have to break the silence first and after that it's not too bad.
The movies went like any movie would. He paid for me. No guy had ever paid for me. Unless you count my dad or uncle. But that's different. I think the best part was after the movies. You're probably expecting me to say we went and had sex. I'm gonna have to stop you right there if that's what you're expecting to hear. We went to Panera Bread. There were hardly any people there so I enjoyed it even more. When we sat down I knew that I had a keeper. It was the way he would look at me. He has by far the most beautiful blue eyes you could ever imagine. I would look down and eat my tortellini alfredo and when I looked up, he would just be staring at me, smiling. I loved the way he stared at me. It made me feel important. Every time I caught him staring I would smile, and we would laugh.. It's all I ever wanted in life.. To be with someone who actually gave a shit about me, to just sit there smiling and laughing. That's all I ever wanted, and I got it. We spent about twenty minutes sitting there- I watched him play an app on my phone and I loved it. I adored the way he would react when he would mess up on the game. He would get so frustrated. It was cute. Sometimes he would flip off the phone because he got so mad. Other times he would just look up at me and laugh because he knew I was watching. He felt my presence the way I felt his. For once in my life I was smiling and I was happy. Nothing could change that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think, please! Constructive criticism is welcomed!