Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

the real deal

That very night, the girls went out but they were very understanding of me just wanting to stay inside. I took the duvet from my room and laid out on the couch. My cats Jethro and Jazzy jumped up, both curling up at my feel and my pug Rupert jumped up on my stomach and sat laid down. I ended up watching romantic movies until I felt empty again and turned on Netflix. My phone began to ring and I picked it up, not bothering to look at the caller I.D.

“Hiya” I say, skimming through the titles on the screen.

“Forgot you greeted people like that” I heard James’ voice on the other end and I smiled.

“Right, forgot you were going to call” I said and he laughed for a moment.

“How are you feeling?” He asked, I sighed and began rubbing my temples.

“Ultimately, I feel confused” I say and groan. “Empty”

“I understand exactly how you feel”

“You do? How?” I ask, trying to not talk about my life and focus on his.

“Well, the girl I just can’t stop thinking about is obsessing over someone who obviously doesn’t appreciate her” He explains and I pout.

“She’ll come around James”

“I don’t know if I want a relationship with, it’s just she’s got an amazing body and I want to know what it-”

“Too much information James but I understand, sometimes I just want to know what it feels like to be loved” I say and James coos. “Shut up”

“It was deep”

“That’s how far your hockey stick will be up your ass if you don’t tell me that I’m stripping in front of you” I threatened and James’ soft laugh came over my ears.

“It was a nice show” James says, laughing a bit more. “You have an amazing ass”

“James Neal!” I exclaim in shock.

“Just telling the truth”

“Would you want to touch it?” I asked, in a low and seductive voice. James got really silent, coughing over his sudden sharpened breath.

“Perhaps” James says, slowly also.

“If you score against the sabres”

“What?” James asked confused by the sudden proposition.

“If you score in the game tomorrow, I will let you come over and touch my butt” I explain.

“Why do you want me to touch your butt?” James asked, laughing on his end.

“Maybe I just don’t think you’ll score tomorrow” I say, James gasps and I heard a slam on a table.

“You’ll see, I will score and I will get to touch you bum”

“That’s the attitude” I say.

“Was this some sort of motivational speech?” He asks, and I smile.

“Maybe”

“Well maybe you should do them more often” He says and I laugh. The someone knocked on the door.

“Give me a second James, someones at the door” I say, I hear him respond and I make my way to the door. I look through the peephole and grimace when I see Angela. I open the door and cross my arms. “Angela, how can I help you?”

“Would you mind taking Evgeni’s cat?” She asks, holding up a box.

“You put Dixi in a box!” I exclaim and open it right away, seeing the nearly petrified cat. Picking the animal up and cradling it in my arms.“You didn’t even put air holes in it!”

“I’m sorry, I don’t enjoy the company of felines” She admits and I furrow my eyebrows.

“You don’t like cats?” I ask, surprised.

“No, but don’t tell Evgeni” She pleads and I nod.

“Just tell him that you didn’t want to do anything wrong, that Dixi was scared and you thought she’d be more comfortable here” I say, giving her an excuse.

“You’re a life saver” She dramatically says and I nod.

“I do my best” I say, she nods then quickly waves and leaves. I pick up the phone again and hear James killing himself laughing.

“I guess she isn’t so much like you after all” He says, sounding like he’s laughed himself to tears.

“She put the cat in a box” I pushed and that only set James into another fit of giggles. “Oh my goodness, you just snorted!”

James immediately stopped laughing.

“No” He coughed and I laughed even more.

"James I heard you, you big dork"

I think James and I were on the phone for 2 hours before I finally convinced him to go to sleep. After we said our goodbye, I held the phone to my chest and sighed. Being able to talk to someone, freely without judgement felt nice for a change. I knew I could talk to the girls, tell them everything and I usually did but there was some things I held in.

--

I woke up the next day on the couch, three cats curled at my feet and Rupert standing on my chest, waging his small curled tail. It was time for his walk, the small pup was litter box trained but in the summer I walk him every day but because it’s winter, every wednesday I take him out for a walk, and he knew it. He followed me around the house as I got dressed in workout clothes, grabbing his leash and making my way towards the door.

“Victoria?” I heard a sleepy Faith ask from the hall, I turn and look at her, pouting.

“Get ready and come with me” I say, leaning against the door frame. In the matter of minutes Faith and I are walking down the stairs, Rupert’s fat body causing him almost to topple over.

“You were on the phone with James for a long time” Faith says and I smiled.

“Yeah, he’s really good at distracting you from feeling upset” I say and then laugh.

“What?” Faith asked and I look at her confused.

“What do you mean?”

“You’re blushing, you’re giggling and you’re abnormally warm” She says, holding my hand and then I swat her away. “What? This is how we all knew you slept with G the first time!”

“Fine!” I exclaimed, making her stop and opening the door for Faith. A slight cool air freshened the air and earning a yelp from Rupert. “I promised James something if he scores tonight”

“Now you’re using sexual favors as some sort of pep talk?” She asked and I shook my head.

“No I just promised him he could touch the butt” I answered, mocking Finding Nemo.

“Same thing”

--

That night, the girls, Beau and I were sat on the couch when the puck was dropped and throughout the game, I was smiling at the thought that James had not gotten a goal. We screamed and cheered through everyone’s goals. Sidney and Geno’s goals were magnificent, making all of us speechless. But with minutes to go, James ends up sinking a puck into the net.

Everyone looking at me, assuming Faith has told everyone and I blush. But to be honest, I was kind of excited. This attraction I had to James was interesting but anything for a distraction from Geno.

--

That night I got a call for James, he bragged and we set up the date. He texted me when he landed the next day and I changed into my workout shorts. I put on a grey t-shirt and a sweater, pulling my hair into a ponytail. It wasn’t long until I heard a knock on the door, I called James in and I ran into the hall. I ran up to him and gave him a hug.

“That game was amazing!” I exclaimed, James chuckled and hugged me back. “Oh wait, stay here I need to grab something”

I turn around, but still manage to catch James checking me out while I walk away but I grab my camera and jump into my room.

“James, smile!” I say, holding up the camera and he smiled.

“What’s that for?” He asked, after I snap the photo.

“I always take photos, I have tons of them” I explain and then show him.

“That’s a handsome fellow”

“Wow you’re so full of yourself!” I say and James winks at me. “Well we should get this over with”

“So it’s a pain that an incredibly rich and good looking man wants to touch your behind?” James asks and I scoff.

“Again full of yourself” I say and then place my hands on his shoulders. “Are you going to catch me?”

“I didn’t realize we were going to do it this way” He says and I laugh.

“What, do you want me to turn around and have you just grab it?” I ask and then stand on my tippy toes to whisper in his ear. “Plus it’s pretty hot”

James’ adam apple bobs, and I smile, thinking about how riled up I’m getting him. James nodded and I he supports my thighs as I wrap my legs around his waist. James’ hands slowly make their way down to my bottom. It was awkward for a few moments before we catch each others eyes and end up having a heated make out session.

“Okay, James you win” I say breaking away.

“What?” He asks confused.

“You know where the bedroom is right?” I ask, winking at him.

James’ face lit up, like a child on christmas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image