Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

power couple

The morning was awkward, James and I tried our best to keep the uneasiness out of the air but it seemed to return and all I kept thinking about was if Geno found out. Even if Evgeni had no feelings for me whatsoever, I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be impressed that one of his team mates slept with me. But when James left, he turned around and gave me a lingering kiss. Maybe the first time is supposed to be awkward.

I sat down at my desk, it was time to do something with my life and I was going to figure it out now. I started looking for jobs on the internet, something to do with publishing and design. My all time dream was to become an executive editor for a magazine and I wanted it so bad. I ended up finding an internship opening for a magazine, I sent them an email and was hoping for the best.

I picked up the last few photos I had taken, the one of James catching my eye and smiled. I never took James as someone I’d ever be interested, sure he was good looking and funny but we never really clicked. I opened an album and secured it into a spot, but I then again began searching through the albums.

One was of Autumn and Sidney hugging, it was the first time Sidney was going away for a very long road trip while they were together and Autumn didn’t want him to leave. She unpacked his bag a handful of times and hid his clothes but in the end he got on that plane.

Another was of Stephanie and Jon, during a summer together we happened to spend a week or two in Florida. Stephanie and Jon were having a romantic walk on the beach during the sunset. You couldn’t tell it was them if I hadn’t of told you, I was on the balcony but you can see the silhouettes of their hands tangled together. That was the night he asked her to move in.

One that particularly caught my eye was the reaction Beau had on his face when he saw Keirstyn in a bathing suit the first time. They weren’t dating just yet, but he couldn’t his big blue eyes off her and they look like they were about to pop out of his head, his jaw looked like it was off it’s hinges and lastly, he was red as a dog. The best part was, he began to get a boner and had to disappear for a few minutes.

I turned the page and smiled at a photo I thoroughly enjoyed making. It was during the lockout, since Jonathan and Sidney were in New York City in the many meetings for the decision for the league, a lot of us made our way up there.

”Victoria looks like she is going to cry” Stephanie says, I felt the worried stare Geno gave me coming.

“It’s okay G, she loves New York City so much I think she’d marry it” Faith responds, patting his knee and returning to text Jeff, who wasn’t sure he’d make it up.

It was true though, ever since my parents took me to New York City it was my dream to live here. I was hoping some day in the future I could be the head of a publishing company or an executive editor.

Evgeni laid his head on my shoulder, we woke up around four in the morning and drove here. I slept the whole car ride, so now it was Geno’s turn. Even though we are already here, there’s no doubt we’ll be stuck in traffic.

--

Faith was still upset about the uncertainty of Jeff’s arrival, she hadn’t seen him in a month and it was taking a toll on her. She was just waiting for graduation, and for Jeff to ask her to move in with him. Jeff was a pretty oblivious guy, didn’t know a lot about the signs girls give to guys about certain things. I mean he missed half the signals she gave him before he even asked her out.

We pulled up to the apartment we all rented out, I had fallen asleep again and I felt Evgeni pick me, carrying me bridal style into the apartment. Geno and I were okay with sleeping in the same bed together, we had done it a hundred times before and this time was anything different. I was gently placed on the soft bed and helped out of my winter jacket.

I was half asleep by then, but I could still hear Evgeni walking around the room. He was muttering to himself in Russian, making me anxious to know what he was saying but I also was glad to hear him speaking it. I don’t mind when he does.

--

Sidney and Jon had only been at the apartment to sleep, then we all saw the out in their fitted suits to their next meeting, Captains only. But Geno told us he was taking us somewhere, we all got into the car and he used his phone to navigate. We ended up in New Jersey, something interesting for all of us and we were trying to make sure G actually knew what he was doing.

We stopped at a park, Geno exited the car and we followed suit. He opened the trunk and we saw seven pairs of skates. We all looked towards the park to see a skating rink. I hugged Geno tightly.

“Are you sure you’re okay with hanging out with us girls?” I asked, throwing my head back to match his height.

“I no mind, special with you” He says, I blush and squeeze him tight again.

We all grab our skates, Geno helped me get mine on and Autumn helped Keirstyn. Faith sat beside me her arms crossed, waiting for Geno to help her but then I felt a presence behind me. Someones hand came in to view and tapped on Faith’s shoulder.

“May I help?” Jeff’s voice asked, making Faith squeal at hearing his voice. She tried to stand up, but Jeff caught her just in time. “Hey baby”
“I didn’t know if you were going to make it!” Faith cried, wiping a tear that formed.

“Well I did, little help for the ol’ Russian chap” Jeff says, his smile was so big when he was around Faith and his dimples were to die for.

“Thank you Geno” Faith says, Evgeni salutes and smiled at her.

--
Keirstyn had started to chat up this guy who was skating with his niece. While Evgeni and I skated around the rink. I kept a small we of Faith as she clung tightly onto Jeff's arm, she was so happy I think her jaw was going to fall off from smiling so much. Jeff was being himself, talking way too much but Faith just listened in content.

"It was really nice of you to help Faith and Jeff" I say to Geno, clinging into his arm.

"I help friend" he says with a smile.

We skated around about a dozen more times before I felt like my ankles were going to give way. Geno pulled me over to the bench and I sat down on it. We sat and watch the section that was blocked off for some of the children who were playing hockey, but it wasn’t a minute after we sat down till they notice Evgeni Malkin was sitting there.

“G, I think you have some fans” I whispered to him, Geno looked up from me and looked at the few boys who looked starstruck.

With the years I’ve spent watching hockey, even when my brother played midget in our town, the children would show up to their games to just to watch and sometimes I find that a lot of hockey players don’t realize that they are these kids heros.

“Go over and say hi, it would make their year” I say, reassuring Geno I would be okay. G got up, skated over to the group of boys and started to talk to them, answering every question he got. I even heard him apologize for his english. Keirstyn ended up skating over and sitting beside me.

“What happened to Uncle Ken?” I asked, referencing to barbie.

“The girlfriend showed up” She said, making me laugh but quickly covering my mouth to stop it. “It’s fine, there’s actually a baby penguins guy I was looking into”

“Really?” I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

“Yeah, Beau Bennett?” She said, and I smiled.

“I met him the other week, he’s a sweet kid”

“I know, I met him too and he asked me for my number” Keirstyn says, blushing.

“Well I’m rooting for you two”

“So Mr. Perfect is melting your heart again?” Keirstyn asked, gesturing to Geno who now had a stick in his hands and playing with the kids.

I smiled, the feelings I had for Geno back in 2010 never left, they got even stronger and now I was holding back every heart wrenching moment. He looked so adorable, a grey beanie upon his head and a wool pea coat, I couldn’t help but want to squeal.

The kids then noticed Jeff, they begged Geno and Jeff to play with them, given Jeff and Geno an extra pair of gloves. Jeff then dragged Faith into the mix, soon everyone was wizzing around and having fun. Some parents came by and were amazed to see their kids playing with two NHL players.

“Hey Victoria!” Jeff yelled, grabbing Faith and hugging her from behind. “Take a picture!”

I opened my small bag, grabbed the picture and pointing it at them. Jeff nudged at Faith and when Faith looked up he leaned over her shoulder and kissed her. I quickly snapped the photo and then put it in a plastic baggie.

“Faith, can I ask you question?” Jeff announced, I think my heart stopped. “I know you’re going to graduate and I was wondering if after, you’d move in with me?”

I finally breathed and smiled, finally Faith got what she wanted, to move in.

“Yes!” She screamed and threw her arms around his neck.


I smiled and put the picture back, then I heard someone come in and turned around, to see my three best friends smiling at me. I knew what they were going to ask, if I slept with James or not and there was no point in lying. I just nodded, blushing and they all screamed. They jumped on the bed and crossed their legs, turning their attention to me.

“What was it like?” They asked, and I smiled, then sighed.

“Amazing”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image