Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

the calm before the storm

I have run into many guys who you believe would never hurt a fly, dress like a gentleman and is always nice to you. But sadly, some things aren’t always what they seem. Sidney is one of those guys, he’s nice, cool and collected. He knows how to handle every situation calmly but I won’t stand for it this time.

Their flight gets in at three, I was still at Evgeni’s house and I had volunteered to pick both of them up. I woke up in Geno's bed, alone and was wearing long sleeved penguins training shirt and a pair of fruit of the loom underwear. I heard the chimes of soft music from across the hall in the bathroom. I tied my hair up and slipped out of bed.

My feet hit the carpeted floor, I followed the music inside the bathroom and saw Evgeni sitting in the tub. I blushed, he had already saw me but I didn't really mind as I pranced into the bathroom.

"Morning" Geno says, leaning both his hands on either side of the tub.

"Morning" I chirp, bending over to the sink and splashing it over my face. I dry it off and then sit in the edge of the tub, thanking god there was bubbles. "Relaxing?"

"Stressed" He states, lying his head back into the water.

"About what?" I ask, taking a handful of bubbles in my hand and blowing him there way, giggling a but at his reaction.

"Hockey, Russia, Sidney and Autumn" Evgeni lists and I sigh.

"Well first of all, you're always stressed about hockey so I can't really say anything to make it stop but that you're an amazing player and have nothing to worry about" I explain and I see him smile a bit. "I'm assuming you're stressing about the Olympic outcome again, I know that there's a lot of shit that happened but guess what, you have to know that you did your best and that's all that matters"

Evgeni stares at me with an attentive look on his face. I smile a bit and then take a deep breath.

"About Sidney and Autumn, the best we can do is hear Sid's side and go from there" I explain, shrugging my arms.

"How you strong about it?" He asks and I shrug again.

"I mean they’re my best friends, but if they weren't meant to be then I can't mess with that" I explain.

The bathroom got very quiet, I looked at my fingers as I fidgeted with them. The next thing I knew, I felt Evgeni's strong, wet arms around me and he pulled me into the bath tub with him. I squealed, squirming to get out of his grasp but he held me tight while laughing.

"I hate you" I say, looking down at my now wet clothing.

"I love" He replies and I laugh.

I sit between his legs, now afraid to cross a boundary that I definitely didn't want to cross myself. The water was quite warm, I ran my fingers through it, waiting for Evgeni to say something but instead he sits up. He grabs places a hand on my cheek to get my attention and then leans in to kiss me.

I felt everything I was supposed to feel and for some reason I didn't have the will to stop. I leaned forward, placing myself on my knees as we continued to kiss.

The next thing I knew my shirt was pulled off and Geno was carrying us to the bedroom.

--

Evgeni was still asleep when I had to go get Jon and Sid from the airport. I didn't want to wake him, afraid of the confrontation with had to make so I pulled on a pair of his sweat pants, my wet bra and a t-shirt before writing him a note and using his car to drive to the airport.

When I sat in the parking lot of the airport and saw them coming, I got out and opened the truck.

"Congratulations boys" I said with a smile, Jon looked at me with a smile before heading into the car. Sidney on the other hand looked dead as he puts his suitcase into the back. "Let's hear the plead"

Sidney looks at me with a cold look, but sighs.

"Look we're not seeing each other" He says and I raise my eyebrows.

"Well Autumn thinks differently, in fact she thinks Trina hates her"

"My mom loves Autumn, so much more than she likes Kat"

"Kat?" I ask and Sidney groans.

"We're just friends!" He argues.

"A friend who you took to the other side of the world over your girlfriend?"

"Listen, I love Autumn very much and you just have to trust me on this"

"I don't trust you" I say before getting into the car, Jon was in the passenger seat and Sidney slid into the back seat.

"Are those Geno's sweat pants?" Sid asks, making Jon and him laugh. I instantly hold up my middle finger to both of them as I pull out.

--

I went back to the apartment and dropped them off, the pairs that live sour of town had to leave tomorrow morning and Jeff was here on borrowed on time. So I decided change and my house then go back to grab Geno, so we all could hang out together.

I pulled back into his house, Dixi was now with me as I wanted to return her to her home. I opened up the door, set the cat down and run off up the stairs. I got into the doorway, saw a sleeping Geno and hopped on him, straddling him. He groans a but before his eyes flutter open.

"It's like three in the afternoon" I say and he laughs.

"Breakfast?" He asks and I shake my head.

"More like late lunch" I reply, I decided to be bold and peck his lips before sauntering eout of the bedroom. I run down the stairs and start raiding his fridge for food.

I find a bunch of fruit, start cutting them up and throwing them into a bowl. Evgeni eventually comes down while I'm making buckwheat pancakes.

He pets his new puppy and then rubs the head of Dixi, says something in Russian before heading over to me.

"Smell good" He says, wrapping his arms around my waist and watching over my head as I flip the pancakes. “What Sid have to say?”

“Nothing really, that his explanation was useless anyway but you know, I never know if he’s lying or not" I explain with a shrug.

"I hope they work out" He says and I nod.

It was good to have Evgeni and I back to normal, besides that whole having sex part but I felt like nothing could break us apart now.

--

Geno drove us over to the apartment, I entered the door and heard yelling. I took a deep breath and walked into the living room. Instead of a scene of chaos, I see a scene of pure foolishment. Jon, Beau, Jeff and Sidney are all playing NHL 14.

"Boys" I scoff and travel back into my room where the girls are sitting on my bed. I close the door and they all stare at me. "Hello?"

A silent continuing stare is put on me and I laugh.

"Okay?" I say, with a little laughter. “Before I get the whole intervention spiel, can someone tell me why we’re not hiding Sidney’s body?”

“She’s just a friend” Autumn states and I scoff.

“And you believed him?”

“I know Sid more than you and he didn’t lie” Autumn insists and I raise my eyebrow.

“Okay then, now why does it look like we’re about to have a satanic summoning on my bed?”

“Have you told G yet?” Keirstyn asks, and my mood is dampened by the reality.

“No, but I’m thinking about staying”

“We know you and G had sex again, don’t throw away your dreams because he’s suddenly showing his affection for you” Steph pushes and I sigh.

“Look, you guys know me better than anyone and you have to know that I may be independant, and this may be my condo but I’m never living alone, either one of you is sleeping over or I have Evgeni here, in New York, I’m going to be alone in this huge ass city” I explain and Faith places a hand on my leg.

“But New York City is your dream, you need to tell him or he’s going to find out from someone else” Faith says, and I put my head in my hands.

“I know, I just don’t know how he’s going to take it”

“If he really cares about you, he’ll support you” Keirstyn says and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

“I’ll tell him tomorrow” I said, running a hand through my hair. “No one mentions it to him”

“We won’t, we’ll make sure the other boys don’t either” Steph says and I slip off the bed.

“I guess we should get out there, before they think we’re having some lesbian orgy” I say, making the girls laugh.

The more yelling from the living room, made me interested in how in a few days, Sid, Geno and Jon will be playing against each other. I crack open some alcohol for everyone, the shot glasses are distributed between everyone and are filled. Each of us hold them high and we toast before downing the shot.

The next thing I know, Geno has pushed me down onto the couch and is kissing my cheek. Keirstyn takes a picture of it as I laugh. I know all this is about to go south, when I tell him that I want to go to New York. Because I really, really want to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image