Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

passionate kisses

Saying goodbye to Steph and Jon was hard, I missed them always, but I hardly got to see Jon this break but we were going down to Chicago for the Stadium Series. The best memories of them and I go back to 2010, they had just started dating after the Olympics and the Blackhawks were playing in Game seven.

”This is so exciting!” Steph pipped sitting down in the seats Jon had picked for us.

“I think last years Stanley Cup final was better to be honest” I say, and Steph smiles at me. “It may be biased, but it’s so true”

“Just because Geno basically attached you to his hip the whole night, right?”

“Thats not the only reason!” I argued and she stared at me. “Steph!”

“Okay!” She says, hold up her hand in defense. “It’s just, I really want Jon to win”

“And I want Patrick Kane to kiss me, but that’s obvious” I add and Steph laughs.

“Too bad he’s dedicated to Kenzie”

“Really?” I ask excitedly.

“His parents were worried about why he was spending so much time in Las Vegas for the off season last summer” Steph added and I squealed.

“I’m so happy!”

“Hey, you just said you wanted to kiss Pat?”

“Oh come on!” I exclaim. “Who doesn’t?”

Steph smiled and cheered as the Blackhawks take the ice, I check my phone once or twice while the first period was in play. I was awaiting a text, if I was giving away a dollar for every correct guess who, I’d be broke. The game made me anxious, I wanted them to win, I wanted Jon and Steph to share what the rest of us had to share in 2009.

When the game was all tied up, and it went into overtime, you could feel the pressure in everyone’s faces.

“I think I’m going to throw up” Steph says, gripping onto my arm as the seconds passed by. But the air left out bodies when 88 netted the puck. “They won!”

The many Blackhawks in the Wells Fargo Centre in Philly cheered on as their team embraced each other on the ice. I yanked Steph down to ice level where the other family and friend waited. Jon was announced as the winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy, Steph and his Mom hugged tightly as they watched him then lift the Stanley Cup. Once we were let on the ice, we let Jon and his family have a moment before he opened his arms to Steph and I.

“Group hug?” Jon asked, and I laugh. We both hugged Jon but I stepped back and let him kiss Steph.

“Young love, eh?” I hear from beside me and I turn to see Kaner.

“Eh? You’re not Canadian bud”

“You’re not going to congratulate me?” He asked, I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug.

“I gotta say that was a sweet goal” I say and Patrick laughs. “But you’re not usually the team I cheer for”

“I could fix that” He winks and I roll my eyes.

“Heard about you and Kenzie” I say making him blush.

“Yeah, I tried to get her down here but it fell through” He says and punch his arm.

“I’ll be your date tonight if you want, not like I have a boyfriend or anything”

“G still not scooped you up?”

“Nah, I’m on the waiting list” I say before turned back to Steph and Jon, he was now showing her the cup and I giggled, remembering when Evgeni paraded me around the ice.

Hours later we were in a Philadelphia bar, I still hadn’t gotten the text I was expecting but with a very drunk Patrick Kane beside me, I had a lot of other things to take care of. Offering to be his date meant having fun, not babysitting but I guess it could be worse. I decided to let loose, ordered shots for Pat and I, we took a few before I went to go find Steph, Pat following me.

I found her, sitting on the lap of Jon and I smiled at her. It was about four in the morning now, I was a bit tipsy and I knew if I went overboard, I was going to do something I regretted and I certainly didn’t want that to be with Pat.

“You ready?” Steph asked me and I nodded, she turned and whispered into a very drunk Jonathan Toews ear.

“I’ll walk you out” He says, grabbing her hand and I follow both of them out to the street where he waves for a cab. He slips the cab driver some money before patting me a hug, leave it to Jon, even when he’s heavily intoxicated to know exactly what he’s doing.

I have a few pictures from the night, Jon with the cup, Pat with the cup, the very excited blackhawks and not to mention the amount the Champagne that will need to be extracted from the carpet of their dressing room. Jon grabs Steph by the back of her neck and pulls her in for a drunken kiss. I take a quick snap before getting into the cab.


The two pairs were now on their way to the airport, Sid was taking Autumn out, Beau and Keirstyn had headed home fairly quickly. But today was the day, I had to tell Evgeni before he heard it from anyone else. So I told him we should go out for dinner at the deli we went to before the Olympics. Therefore he can’t make a big scene.

So here we are, sitting in the deli and I terrified and he can tell.

“Remember the last time we were here, I asked you about what I should do with my life?” I asked him and he nodded.

“You be Journalist”

“Well I had a job interview” I stated and he smiled. “And I got the job”

“I so proud!” He exclaimed and I smile for a small bit before I frown. “What?”

“New York City”

“Wh-”

“The job, it’s in New York City” I say, I watch attentively studying his face and it’s pure confused. “Before you say anything, I still haven’t made the decision”

“You go” Evgeni states and shake my head, anger building up inside me. “You need”

“Yeah, I need you” I say and G leans back in the booth. “You make me so angry, so confused and insane. But we still work, the problem is I slept with you not even knowing if you were still with Angela”

“She-”

“No Geno, you need to realize how hard this decision is for me and it’s not just because my friends are here but because I had this guy that knows more about me than my parents do, knows that I get paranoid easily at night, knows that I love to walk around in my underwear and knows that I love him more than a friend but for some reason, he hasn’t told me if he feels the same” I could of ranted on and on about it, but I got so worked up that I started to cry and now I was creating a scene.

“Victoria, I want you go”

“Why can’t you just tell me if you feel the same?” I ask, so confused by his actions. “You date a girl who is basically a clone of me and you don’t think that’s some kind of coincidence?”

“You dream is New York City”

“I don’t want your input on that anymore!” I exclaim. “I want to know if you feel the same”

The long silence between us was an answer I never wanted. I slide out of the booth, I didn’t bother grabbing my jacket but realized that was a bad idea when the snow started to come down pretty hard. I held myself tight, looking through my tear filled eyes to find a cab but I was grabbed, spun around and was looking into Geno’s big brown eyes.

“I scared” He says and I knit my eyebrows together. “You so amazing, nice, gorgeous, amazing”

The list goes on, I shiver a bit and Geno moves closer to me.

“What does this have to do with-”

“I not deserve” He whispers and I smile.

“That’s sweet honestly but does it look like I really care?” I ask and Evgeni shakes his head smiling. “I’ve spent four years wanting you, even when I had you it wasn’t enough”

This is the first time I felt like this side of Evgeni was shown, like I had broken down a wall.

“You need to do something before I get hypothermia” I say, Geno just smiles and leans down to kiss me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image