Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

golden boy and his diamond

My eyes flutter open, last night I had fallen asleep on the couch but this morning I was in my warm bed. I sat up quickly, alarmed by the sudden change but I smelt the intriguing smell of french toast from the kitchen and I walked carefully to the kitchen, turning the corner and stopping to see the back of an old friend.

“Faith?” I ask, making her jump and turn around. “Faith!”

We crash into each other, hugging and jumping.

“Oh my goodness, I missed you” Faith said, squeezing me one more time before letting go.

“I didn't know you were coming in this morning” I said, glancing at the clock to read is was eleven.

“Yeah, well I couldn't stay in Carolina any longer” She stated, laughing but I knew it was only
a cover up. I walked over to the stove, taking the pan off the stove and turning to Faith with a concerned look.

“What happened Faith?” I asked, she was fidgeting with her flannel shirt and biting her lip.

“I don't know, It was all so perfect but then they lost this one game and he just turned into this stubborn piece of brick that just sits in the living room watching Skins on Netflix when he doesn't have a game r practice” She explained and I frowned.

“So you confronted him about it?” I asked and she nodded.

“For the next week we started fighting over the stupidest things, like what to have for dinner and such but then he came out with whole spiel about me not having a job yet and then he called me a gold digger and I lost it” She explained and I shook my head.

“That doesn't sound like Jeff”

“I know but he won't tell me what's wrong so I just told him I needed a break, to see my friends and let him cool off” Faith frantically said, running her hands through her hair and I just stepped closer and brought her into a hug as she began to sob into the shoulder of my sweater.

I had to be honest, I didn't envy Faith but I knew her and Jeff would work it out. Faith and Jeff are the power couple, the people who glue our little friend group together. They may be in an entirely different state, but they keep us all close. I held Faith until her eye were tearless and she started to laugh.

“I think the girls and I need to buy you new clothes” She proposes, pulling away and wiping her tears. “We always seem to cry on you”

“What can I say?” I say with smile. “How did you get me in my room anyway?”

She smiled at bit and shook her head.

“When I was coming in, G was leaving and I'm assuming he got you in there” She explained and I nodded my head. “Autumn told me about Angela, that really sucks”

“Yeah it does” I breathe out and continue on making break fast. Faith hops on the counter next to me, swinging her legs and tapping on the counter. “Worst part is, I can't even hate her because she's incredibly nice”

Faith starts laughing and shakes her head, knowing my extensive amount of hatred for Geno's past girlfriends.

“Are you going to talk to him?”She finally asks, and I ponder it.

“I guess I'm going to have to, but I have to work today at two” I stated and she nodded. “Are Autumn and Keirstyn coming over?”

“Yeah should be here in a bit”

I plated the food and handed her a plate, we both sat on the counter in silence stuffing out faces with french toast.

“Faith?” I said, and she looked up with a small smile. “You and Jeff are going to be fine”

--

I arrived at work, smiling at my fellow co-workers and grabbed a box of CD's to start to stock. I smiled at the art work to the new Arctic Monkey's album, feeling privileged to be the first one to hold it. I placed three or four, sliding them into the slot and continued on. The good thing about working in the music retail business, is that you could spend four hours just stocking CD's and never realize it. Plus the different kinds of people who walk in intrigue me.

“Tori” The russian accent gave him away, the high mood I had been in was now low as I turned to look at my best friend. He was wearing jeans and a grey sweater, but non the less, he always looks put together.

“Hey G” I chimed, pulling a smile and continuing to look through the box.

“When next break?” He asked, and I glances at the watch on my wrist.

“In five”

“Coffee?” He asks and I grimace at him. Coffee was bad for my heart, he knew that and laughed a bit. “French Vanilla?”

“I think it's doable” I said, and bit my lip thinking, I think you're doable.

“Meet a shop?” He asked, and I nod.

When I arrive at the coffee shop, Geno has already ordered for me and he's sitting there drinking his coffee. I smile and sit down across from him, I take a sip of the French Vanilla and try to get used to the taste. God how I miss Tim Horton. It's silence for a moment, I knew Geno wanted to talk but I also knew that he didn't know how to start the conversation.

“You came around last night?” I asked, signalling him to walk with me.

“Da, saw on couch” He states and places his hand on my back. “Take you to bed”

“Thanks” I whisper and I smile up at him.

почему я не могу поговорить с ней об этом” He says and I nod. He's nervous.

“G, look I don't know what this is” I start and then he looks at me with confusion. “Us, what are we? I mean one minute were friends and the next we``re sleeping together”

He furrows his eye brows, he's over thinking this.

“We friends” He states, the little bit of hope that I still had left in my body dies and I let out a big sigh. “I date Angela now”

I would be lying if I didn't frown a bit, there was no chance I would be continuing on our little sex drive relationship while he is in a relationship but I didn't know if I would be able to resist him if he wanted to continue.

“Well it's good that that's all settled” I answered with a smile, checking my watch to find it had only been five minutes.

“Why you not come game?” He asks a bit angry and I sigh, thinking of some sort of excuse.

“Look, I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you I was a bit freaked out by Angela” I explained and he leaned towards me, gesturing me to continue. “I mean, we had sex that very morning and you already were dating someone?”

He shook his head.

“I ask her after game” He states and I nodded.

“Still G, that makes a girl feel used” I explain, part of this was true.

“I thought you okay” He trails, almost like he was asking me.

“I am G, I mean I was but now I feel used and I guess I should have felt that way the first time it happened” I explained, and he frowns. He reaches over and places a hand on top of mine.

“You best friend” He states, I nodded and feeling like my heart was in my throat. “I never want you, feel used because me, I sorry”

“No G, you don't understand” I said, frustrated and I ran a hand through my hair. “I don't want to be this stupid side girl that you come to”

“What you want?” He asks, and I scoff, I think about actually telling him.

“I wish none of it ever happened because it's obviously ruined us” I explain, and Geno furrowed his eye brows again.

“Think we fine” He states and I shook my head in disbelief. He's really oblivious. “I don't want lose you”

It got me really angry, he was playing with my heart and it drove me insane. I groaned in frustration and I sat back in my chair.

“Geno, I understand that you may not understand, but this” I stop, signalling between us. “Isn't okay”

“You best friend” He states and I nod.

“I think that's the issue” I mutter and then pull my purse over my shoulder. “Look I don't wants us to fight, because I love you but G, you should of stopped it the moment you met Angela because I feel pretty stupid”

I then storm back to the Music store. I walk into the store and make my way back to the staff bathroom, I close the door and back myself up against it.

I feel like someone has just stabbed me in the heart with a million pins.

--

Around seven in the after noon I arrived home, the door was open, signalling that the girls were here and when I entered the kitchen, they were sitting on the island. The looked at me, all smiles and I looked at them, face puffy and red but none the less, I smiled back.

“Oh no” Faith whispered, jumping up and helping me take off my jacket.

“G showed up at work” I let out, sliding onto one of the stools. “He told me that he's dating Angela”

“What did you say?” Autumn asks.

“That I felt used and then he told me all the best friends ship shit, I just couldn't take it and I blew up” I explained and took a deep breath. “I told him that he should of stopped it the moment he met Angela because it makes me feel stupid and then I walked off”

I then here someone walk into the room, a post showered Sidney comes in with a tank top on and basketball shorts, I already start to feel better after glancing at his toned arms.

“Are you okay?” He asked, and I nod.

“Her and G had a fight” Autumn said, filling him in a bit and then going up on her toes to kiss his lips. Sidney makes a little groan and wraps his arms around her waist, picking her up. Keirstyn grabs my camera and sneakily takes a picture. She hands it to me and I write a caption on it before placing it on the fridge.

When Autumn met Sid, she couldn't get two words out her mouth and she whispered to the girls and I that she was going to throw up, which she did. Sidney is really introverted about his private life to the public, so he usually doesn't bother with girlfriends but when he had a full on, confident conversation with Autumn, I think he fell for her ability for giving no fucks about what anyone said about her. He fell for her personality and interesting charm.

It's not very often that your /celebrity/ crush actually falls for you, if you want to call Sid a celebrity.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image