Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

Jeff Skinner, ***ing up since 1992

I was in deep sleep, gripping onto the white duvet and dreaming about Taylor Hall letting me take his shirt off. But a knock at the door awoke me from dreaming about the acquaintance, it startled me for a moment and I shot up from my dream. My eyes, trying to focus and look at the clock, that I soon see read 6:03 am.

I groan extremely loudly, hoping out of bed and walking out to the living room to see Beau and Keirstyn sleeping on the pull out. Another knock came to the door and I groaned again. I sulked to the door, reaching to open the door and pulling it open. A man, wearing overalls sees me and I instantly blush because I’m not wearing any pants.

“Uh Hi” I say, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. He was kind of cute, or maybe I was just extremely desperate or horny because of my dream about Taylor Hall. He just passed me a clip board and I looked at it.

20 b - roses - red - 33 fortburgh ave - 5684
1 b - lily - white - 33 fortburgh ave - 5684


“Woah” I whisper, and look at it. The man smiled and then starts wheeling in the tray. I sigh the clipboard then he turns to me, I hand him the board and he hands me two envelopes. I sigh, help me put the roses on the counter and then show him out. All without any pants on. It’s a miracle that Beau and Keirstyn didn’t wake up.

One of the envelopes were addressed to me, the other to Faith. I opened mine and read it.

Dear Victoria,

I really appreciate the pep talk last night, you truly are an amazing friend and I appreciate that you had faith in me [not literally]. I really hope G comes around and realizes how amazing you are. I know you like lilies, because of that one summer you tried to grow them out on the balcony.

Jeff


I rolled my eyes, last night after Faith had retired to the bed, Jeff called me and made me want to shoot him.

”Jeff?” I answered, surprised he called me.

“Do you know where Faith went?” He asked, in a panic.

“To be honest, she’s been gone for a few days and you’re calling me now?” I ask and Jeff groans.

“I thought she was in Ontario but when we went to Ottawa, I took a detour and went to see her, but her parents told me she wasn’t there” Jeff explained and I sighed.

“She’s here”

“She is?” He asked, his panicked voice calming down.

“Where did you think she would have gone?” I asked, angry at him.

“She could have gone anywhere really”

“Jeff, do you think she would have skipped all of us and never came back?” I asked, and he was silent. “You’re stupid”

“Am not!” He argued. “Look I was scared okay”

“Then why didn’t you call?”

“I didn’t think she’d answer” He said quietly.

“She’s been waiting for you to call her ever since she got here, you dumb fuck”

“Can you stop insulting me?” He pleads and I scoff.

“Not a chance, why did you accuse Faith of being a gold digger?” I asked, hurt myself just thinking about it.

“I was angry, it all just exploded out of me and I didn’t mean it, I know she’s trying to figure it all out and I love that she’s so determined” Jeff explained and I sat on the counter.

“You really need to apologize” I stated, I knew he was about to speak but I beat him to it. “And not over the fucking phone”

“I have a game, I can’t just hop on a plane and come to Pittsburgh” He responded and I scoffed.

“God it would be so much easier if you just got traded” I muttered and Jeff gasped.

“Ouch”

“Shut up, you hurt her and I can hear her crying herself to sleep from my room, you need to grow a pair of balls and fix this” I angrily spat at him and he groaned in frustration.

“HOW!?!” He yelled into the phone.
“I don’t know, send her flowers for all i care”

“Fine, I’ll figure it out”

“You better” I responded.

“Bye sis”

“Bye bro”


I chuckled thinking about Jeff and I’s conversation, but then I saw all the roses and suddenly got angry. Fucking twenty? Really Jeff? My condo is going to smells like a funeral home. I decide to wake up Faith. I walk up to her door, bang on it and scream.

“FAITH! GET THE FUCK UP!” I waited outside her room, before banging on the door again and she opened it up halfway through my knocking.

“It’s like a quarter after!” She yells and I groan.

“Go to the fucking kitchen”

She looks at me confused, but none the less follows me to kitchen where she gasps. Beau and Keirstyn actually start to wake up, looking over the couch and finding us staring at the garden that now lies on my kitchen counter.

“Did Geno send those?” Faith asks, and I scoff.

“Yeah, to the wrong address” I said sarcastically and then gave her the envelope. She ripped it open and began to read it. I watched her face, her eyebrows stitching together, her face turning to anger, to love and then to sadness when she covered mouth with her hand.

“Oh my goodness” She says, smiling and crying. I open my hand, she hands me the note and I read it.

Faith,

I called Victoria last night, you were asleep and I didn’t know who to talk to. I thought you went home to see your parents, but when I showed up there you weren’t. By the way, I think you should call them because they almost killed me when I told them I didn’t know where you were. Anyway, I wrote it in a note because I want you to know that I love you so fucking much. I love everything about you. I love sleeping in the same bed as you, talkin to you and just chilling out with you. I was wrong, I fucked up and let the emotions from the hockey game come out on you. I know that maybe I can’t swoon you with these roses but I just want you to know I’m sorry. I love you. I understand if you want to hang out with your friends during the Olympic break, I’ll come visit you and then when the Olympic are over, I hope you’ll come back, so I can spend a whole day with just you. Please call me. I love you.

Jeff


I smiled, thinking good for you Jeff[i[. I wrapped my arm around Faith, brought her in for a hug and laughed.

“I’m going to kill him” I muttered, rubbing her arms and she laughed with me.

“Beau why don’t you send me flowers?” We heard Keirstyn ask.

“Because I don’t screw up” He says, making all three of us laugh.

“You keep thinking that bud”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image