Status: finished!!

She Ain't You

afternoon nap

I dressed myself in a pair of jeans, a plum long sleeved, and my army jacket. I put on my sperry booties and then met Geno back in the kitchen, he was staring at the all the roses with a cross look on his face. When he saw me, the look was switched with a smile and finished off the glass of water he had.

“Boy?” He asked, gesturing to all the flowers.

“Actually those are Faith’s, an apology from Jeff” I answered, taking his glass and placing it in the dish water. “Jeff got me those, a thank you for helping him get off his ass and say something to Faith”

I gestured towards the bouquet of Lilies, Evgeni laughed a bit and picked up a rose. He ran it between his fingers and then flinched back when he got pricked by a thorn. He placed his thumb in my mouth and I laughed.

“Come here” I said, waving him over. I grabbed his wrist, turned on the water and ran his thumb under it. I then grabbed a band-aid out of the cabinet, unwrapped it and placed it over his thumb. I looked up and I hadn’t noticed how close we were. He went to lean in but I coughed and looked away. “You could probably take a bunch to Angela, I don’t know what I’m going to do with them all”

I had my back to him, washing my own hands and then drying them. When I turned to look at him, the wall I had set up was pushed aside and G told me we were going to get breakfast. We walked to where his car was parked, he opened the door for me and then I climbed in. One thing Geno is used to, is me taking control of the radio but this time it was a little different.

“Wow didn’t know you were a fan of Nickelback” I stated, pulling out the familiar CD.

“That Angela’s” He responds and I laughed. “You like them?”

“Are you kidding? This album is such a classic” I exclaimed and put it in, selecting it to play Rockstar.

We arrived at the Deli, I knew Geno couldn’t eat any junk food because of his game tonight and so when he pulled up he looked over at me in approval. I smiled, got out of the car and followed him into the restaurant. We sat by the window, he ordered a coffee and I ordered a hot chocolate.

“Are you all packed for Sochi?” I asked, using the spoon to eat the whipped cream.

“Almost, you help?” He asked, and I smiled.

“Sure, I’ll come by tomorrow before you go to Buffalo” I said, and took a sip of the hot chocolate. “What are you going to order?” I asked, and he turned the menu around to show me a flat bread sandwich with tomato, lettuce and swiss cheese. “That looks good, I think I’ll have grilled cheese”

“Tor?” He asks, shame written on his face.

“What’s up?” I asked with a concerned face.

“Order me?” He asks, his face turning pink.

“No problem G” I was skeptical,about his sudden insecurity, I was pretty adamant in telling him that his English was good enough for people to understand what he was saying. When the waitress came, I told her our orders and the sauntered off back to the kitchen. I turned to look at Geno with the same concerned face. “You know G, she would have understood you”

“I know, just bad day” He stated, and I shake my head.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, and he hung his head low.

“Angela not know what I say” He says and I furrow my eyebrows. “She say I need class”

“Well she’s probably just deaf” I state and Geno cracks. “G, she doesn’t deserve you if she thinks you need to change in any way”

“I like” He says, defending his girlfriend and I nod.

“I know G, I like her too” I say, trying to sound as serious as I could. “I’m just looking out for you”

“Sunny and Keirstyn stay over?” He asks, taking a sip of his coffee.

“Yeah, Beau’s parents are staying at their place” I say, scanning the restaurant. “They wanted their parents to have the place to themselves”

The waitress came back with our food, I took a bite of my grilled cheese and watched Geno as he took a bite of his sandwich. I then sat back and tapped my fingers on the table.

“G?” He looked up at me, with an answering look. “What do you think I should do with my life?”

“What you mean?” He asked, putting his huge hand on top of mine.

“I mean, I’ve been out of school for a year and I’m still working at the CD store” I explained and Evgeni nods.

“What you want?”

“I mean, I want to write and take pictures but I’m not sure” I explain.

“Like press?” He asks, a concerned look on his face and I laugh.

“No, I mean in some sort of journalism but not sports”

“Good” He chimes and I sigh. “Go it”

“What?” I ask and then analyze it. “Oh go for it, you really think so?”

“You take good picture” He says and I smile. "I miss you at Sochi"

"I'll miss you too" I say and laugh. "I think Autumn is going to die without Sid"

"We wish you come" He says and I smile.

"It's just not that realistic, Vancouver was easier to get to" I explain and G nods. "You can call me anytime"

"Any time?" He asks and I nod.

I finish my food, along with Geno and we start to walk to the car. Geno wraps around my neck and pulls me closer to his body. I smile as I hold onto his torso. We drive back to my apartment, he stops at my door and I look at my watch.

“Afternoon nap?” I ask, Geno’s one superstition. “Would it screw you up if you slept in my bed?”

That was probably the boldest thing I have ever said to Geno, but I was hoping to be close to him before he has to leave for Sochi. The look on G’s face had brightened and I opened the door, Geno immediately wrapped his arms around my waist and tossed me over his shoulder. I screamed, making him laugh at me and he made his way down the hallway to my bedroom.

He then tosses me onto the bed and jumps on top of me. He racks his fingers around my abdomen as he tickles me until I can’t breathe from laughing.

“Oh my goodness stop G!” I scream and then Faith bursts into the room. “What’s up Faith?”

“Oh good, just thought you guys were….nevermind” She then closes the door, I look at Geno and he looks at me, we start to laugh to easy the awkward moment.

“I think I have a pair of your sweat pants” I say, Geno stands up and I see a bit of a pout on his lips. I go into my closet and pull out the pair of sweatpants he had left here a some point. I toss them to his and I go back into the closet and pull my jeans off. I grab a pair of cotton shorts and pull them on.

When I exit the closet, on the floor is Geno’s shit, pants and boxers. I let out a shaky breath looking at the pair of boxers on the ground, but then try not to faint seeing Geno shirtless which never fails to take my breath away. Geno climbs under the duvet, I saunter over to my desk and making sure I sway my hips a bit more. I grab my camera and then run to jump next to Geno.

“Smile G!” I exclaim and G grabs onto the duvet, hiding under it. I snap the photo and look at it, smiling.

Geno takes the camera from my hands and places it on the stand next to my bed, he helps me underneath the duvet and pulls me into his bare chest.

“I love” He whispers and I sigh.

“I love you too Evgeni” I respond.

Just not the way you think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image