Sequel: I'll Go Dig Myself Up
Status: a short story that's gonna lead into a fanfic.

Bury My Body in the Backyard

My hands rebel

"Corrine,we need to talk."My dad said once we had started eating dinner that night.

"What is it?"

"You sister said she heard you listen to some rock band today and that you were writing your own music. Is this true?"

I glared at Kate sitting across from me before answering.

"Yeah,it's true. But Dad le-"

"I don't want to hear it. You know how your mother and i feel about that kind of music. It's unethical and satanic."

"It's not like that anymore. Dad,please just listen to me."

"I said I don't want to hear it,Corrine! I want you get rid of the CDs and anything else you have that music on. No more listening to it!"

"Mom,please,I-"

"Cory,listen to your father." She said sadly."He's right. That music is no good."

"But I-"

"Stop arguing,Corrine. Get rid of it,and stop playing it,or I'll get rid of that stupid piano you have."Dad yelled.

"No! You don't understand! That piano and the music are my life! I wanna play music for a living!"

"Finish eating then go to your room. You give up that foolish dream right now."

I didn't argue further. I quickly ate before I headed outside,my father yelling at me to get back in the house. Instead I went to the poll house,locking the door. And that's where I said all night,playing the piano and finishing two new songs.

I didn't go to school the next day either. I stayed in the poll house,playing music for three days. I would have been there longer but I needed to eat. So i came out when my parents were at work and went back in there when I got enough snacks to last me for a couple of days.

Once i put the snacks away I headed back inside to get some clean clothes. I shouldn't have though,because my dad came home and noticed i was inside. I didn't notice he was home. While I was inside,he took the time to gather my cds and music books before grabbing a shovel from the shed.

"Dad what are you doing!"I yelled,noticing him dropping everything into a hole he had just dug.

"I'm getting rid of these."He said. "Now go to your room and stay there!"

I glared at him,running into the pool house,locking the door before flopping down on the bed in there,crying myself to sleep.