Sequel: I'll Go Dig Myself Up
Status: a short story that's gonna lead into a fanfic.

Bury My Body in the Backyard

The melody a remedy to keep me right

It had been about a week since my father buried my things. A very dry week,thankfully.

My parents got out preacher to talk to my about the 'effects' of rock music to me,but I didn't listen. I walked around in a haze at school. I didn't care. I had only had a few days left before I graduated early. I didn't speak to anyone,just stayed in the pool house,playing my piano into all hours of the night. It wouldn't matter soon enough. I had turned 18 over a month ago and i was ready to get the hell out.

The next few days passed by in a blur and before i knew it,I had graduated. My first day off school.

With a smile,I jumped up before getting dressed as fast as I could before running inside to my room. I was leaving this place. I didn't care anymore. I was 18,and i knew where I wanted to go. I was getting the fuck out of Texas and going to California. I quickly packed what I wanted to take,which was most of my clothes,books,and a few pictures and nick-knacks,along with the money I had in the bedside table.

After that was done,I threw everything into my car within a few trips,including my stuff from the pool house and my guitar. Sadly i couldn't take my piano,so I was doing the next best thing and selling it today.Better me have the 300 for it than my parents. With a smile on my face,there was just a couple of more things. Pulling my sunglasses over my eyes,I headed to the backyard,lighting a cigarette in the process,something I had picked up a couple of weeks ago in my fit of rage.

Before I could start my next task,I heard somebody come in through the back gate.

"You selling the piano?'

"Yeah,back here."I smiled sadly,leading the guys to the pool house.

"Oh wow,Mom's gonna love this. Thanks,dude."One of the guys handed me the 300 before I helped them get it out to the truck they had.

ONce they were gone,I set to work,digging up my CDs and notebooks. They were a little dirty,but i didn't care. I was happy to have them back. Once that was done and they were in my car, I headed inside to write my parents a note.

Mom,Dad,and Kate,

As you read this,I'm gone. I sold the piano and I'm probably out of state by now. Texas isn't the place for me. I don't agree with the way of life here. I'm sorry I had to leave this way. I'll call when I get everything set up when I figure out where it is I'm going.

Much love,
Cory


With that,i grabbed my keys before heading to the bank,emptying and cancelling my account. I had more than enough money in there,thanks to my parents wanting me to go to a decent school. I had about 4.5 thousand. And with that,I was on my way to California.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like I said,this was a short story that is leading into a Sevenfold fanfic.