So Long and Good Night

Uncle Gee's Congratulatory Gift

"Oh my God! Gerard are you alright!?" Frank yelled in shock, rushing over and kneeling by the many in agony on the floor.

"No." He choked out, "I just got racked in the balls with a goddamn ball you ass wipe."

Frankie simply smiled, placing a hand on the small of Gee's back. "Well, I'm sorry, but you do hafta admit that it's pretty freakin' funny."

"It sure doesn't feel pretty freakin' funny." He said, rolling over onto his back, eyes still closed, balls still cupped.

"C'mon, let's get you up." said Frank who was getting to his feet, holding both hands out for his boyfriend to take hold of. Gerard reached up slowly, grabbing one hand on each of his, and letting Frank pull him up off of the floor.

"Why don't you go out to the car, I'll be out in a few minutes."

"Alright babe." Gerard said, letting Frank give him a quick peck on the cheek before walking to the front of the store, wincing at every step he took.

Once Gee was out of sight around the corner, Frank put all the plastic balls he had gotten from the cage into the basket on the front of scooter. The sat down and rode it over the the crafty section.

Grabbing a can of each color of silly string, three packages of party poppers, and little bottles of bubble soap, he made his way up the the front, where he putt the scooter up and moved everything from the front basket, to an actual cart before pushing over to the only open check out lane.

"It's a bit late for a birthday party run, is it not?" the lady behind the counter questioned, shooting Frank an odd look as he retrieved his wallet.

"Oh it's not for a birthday party, my friend and I are having a little...event tonight, or rather this morning, and we needed these ASAP."

"I see, well your total is $33.27."

Frank swiped his credit card and grabbed his bags, walking to the entrance they came in, and walked out to Gerard's car.

He opened the back door and threw everything on the seat before hopping into the passengers seat and buckling himself in.

"We're going to make a few more short stops before we head home. Which speaking of home, would you like to stay with me tonight. I have the big queen sized bed and it get really lonely." Gerard smirked.

"Sure, I'll keep ya company. Are you the big spoon or little?" Winked Frank, his had sliding over and resting on Gee's knee.

"I'm whichever one you aren't. Though honestly I prefer being the little spoon." he smiled, pulling out of the parking lot and turning right.

"Well then it looks like you're going to be nice and warm tonight." Frank smiled. "So, where are we going?"

"Dollar General. We're going to but some toilet paper."

"Okay...Why?"

"Well, afterwards, we're going to pay Mikey a little visit. I'd like to call it a 'Congratulation Present' for the baby. While you were still inside I wrote out a little note." Gerard grinned, handing Frank a piece of paper. He turned the flash of his phone on and read it out loud.

"Hey Mikes, you mother fucker. This is just my little Congratulations gift for the little rascal that will eventually be calling me Uncle Gee, courtesy of your big brother by three years. Don't worry, I will also be coming by later today to clean up, and I'm bringing a friend of mine. We have something to talk to you about. See ya then Mr. Party Poison.
-G."

"Jesus Christ you are an annoyingly awesome brother. Y'know that?"

"Oh I know. But he did plenty of that kinda shit to me when I was in college. Like one night when I was out getting wasted right before finals, which was one of the stupidest things I ever let myself get talked into. But Mikes had talked to my dorm mate to give him his key. So while I was gone, Mikes and a few of his friends covered everything on my half off the room in fucking bubble wrap. every last pencil and piece of stray paper. He even covered everything in the trash with the shit, every pair of socks and underwear I owned, EVERYTHING. And when when I came in that night, along with finding bubble wrap all over the fucking place, there was a note on my pillow that said, "Good luck with finals" and it had 200 bucks taped the the back, of course that had been bubble wrapped too."

"Holy shit, that must have been a nightmare to clean up." Frank said half laughing.

"Oh sugar, it was. But we didn't clean it up until the next morning. My roomie and I must have popped nearly every goddamn bubble in that place."

"Well of course, you were wasted and it was bubble wrap."

"Exactly. Though, Ronnie was having more fun than I was, and he hadn't had a drop to fuckin' drink that night." Gerard laughed, finally pulled into the parking lot of Dollar General.

"You want me to come it?" Frank asked, his hadn already reaching for the buckle.

"Nah, I'll only be a minute." Gee replied, getting himself out of the car and walking into the store.

He walked straight back to the toiletries and grabbed three huge packs of single ply ass paper. He knew form experience that this was harder to clean up because it ripped so easy. And when it gets wet, its an even bigger nightmare.

"Oh, please don't tell me your going to go TP someone." The older lady behind the counter said as Gerard walked up, setting the packages down.

"That's precisely what I'm going to be doing ma'am. It's my little brother's congratulatory gift."

"Oh is that so? And why would you want to throw toilet tissue all over his property?"

"Well Miss, he's going to be a first time father in nine short months, and we always do things like this to each other when something good is about to happen." Gee explained, still thinking about the bubble dorm.

"I see." The cashier replied, "Well just don't get yourself caught by the authorities. They don't take vandalism lightly here in New York."

"Thanks for the warning. You have a pleasant night ma'am." Gerard smiled, grabbing his bags and walking from the shop and back out to his car. He opened Frankie's door and plopped all three packages into his lap before walking around and getting in his side.

"Shit, this is a lot. Are you planning on TP-ing his neighbors while we're at it?" He teased as Gee started the car and pulled out of the lot, driving down the highway to Mikey's house.

"Don't be stupid. I just want to make sure I'm nice and thorough, that's all." Gerard smirked.

The rest of the ride was silent. When the car pulled to a stop in a driveway just blocks from the apartments, Frank checked his phone. the early morning time was slowly creeping up onto 2.

"Gimme a pack." Gee instructed, already out of the car and standing at Frank's side, the door open.

"Well yes sir." He smiled, handing the plastic package to Gerard. He ripped it open and let most of the rolls fall to the concrete. He managed to keep two in his hands. Tossing one into Frank's lap and walking quickly over to the closest tree, throwing the paper high up and over the branches. He repeated this until that roll was empty. He draped a total of three more rolls onto that three while Frank was covering the other one.

"I'm going to get the bushes then we can do the porch." Gee whispered, grabbing an unopened package from the car and starting his work on the decorative shrubbery around the front of the house.

When Frank had finished his tree, he joined Gerard and they were moving onto the porch in record time.

They ran the paper back and forth, running it between the support poles that are scattered along the length of the porch.

When Frankie and Gee were finally finished, they only had two and a half rolls left, witch the threw around the yard for emphasis.

"I;m gonna go put the note through the door,l then we can head home." Gee smiled, going up to the front door and slipped the piece of paper through the mail slot. He jogged back to the car and got into his seat.

With a long yawn, he turned the car on and backed out of the drive way, and drives back to the apartments.

"Fwankieeee? Will you carry me upstairs?" Gee asked in a near whine, shooting Frank a pathetic puppy-dog pout.

"Let me get out of the car, then yes I can." He smiled, slipping out the door and over to Gee's side.

Opening the door, Frank crouched down, holding his arms out behind his back.

"Hop on." he told Gerard gently. he happily complied and stood from the car, placing his arms on his shoulders and pushing himself up, Frank's arms catching his legs and holding him to his back.

Gerard let his arms fall around Frank's neck as he rested his chin gently on his head.

Frank kicked the door closed, and made his way up the stairs slowly, stopping to catch his breath and pushing Gee back up into position on his back.

"Okay, ride's over, dear. You need to open your own fuckin' door." Frank grinned, moving his arms from under Gerard;s thighs, letting him slide off his now stiff back.

"All right all right." Gee sighed, pulling his keys from his pocket and unlocking the door. He walked in adn flipped the lights on, kicking his shoes off at the front door .

Frank followed in behind him and did the same thing.

"Do you wanna stay up for a little while or just head to bed." Gerard offered, yawning again, his right hand traveling up and rubbing his eyes gently.

"Well, you look adorably tired, so let's just go to bed." Frank smiled, taking Gerard's hand and leading him back to the bedroom.

Gerard went over and sat down on the edge of the bed, pulling his shirt off over his head in one quick motion. He tucked his hair behind his ears and stood, sliding his pants off down his legs. Standing there in just tight boxers and socks.

Frank hadn been undressing as well, his jacket, shirt, and jeans in a pile next to where he was standing.

"You can go ahead and get comfortable, I'll just be right back." Gerard smiled, walking from the bedroom and into the bathroom right next door.

He sighed and pulled back the mirror, revealing your typical medicine cabinet. He reached up and grabbed the bottle of Tylenol, popping the lid off and shaking two into his hand. he filled the glass on the counter with cool tap water and slipped the tablets into his mouth, swallowing them with a mouth-full of water.

He had been getting really bad migraines lately, but he hadn't really paid any mind to it, and he hasn't been bothered go visit the doctor about it. And it was spring, so it was probably just allergies. But little did he know, these headaches were being caused b something much worse than simple run-of-the-mill spring-time allergies.

Gerard crawled into bed and snuggled up next to Frank, who wrapped his arms securely around him. He drifted off to sleep, just thinking how lucky he was.

Boy was he going to get a shock sooner than he thought.