So Long and Good Night

Words You Never Want to Hear

FRANK'S P.O.V

"Oh my God! Gee!" I yelped, Mikey rising from the chair and rushing out to find the doctor.

"Hey there sweetie." he weakly smiled, the liveliness returning slightly to his features.

"I thought you were gonna leave me." I cried, no longer able to feel the sting of the tears.

"Oh, Frankie. I would never leave you. Not now, not ever." Gerard sighed, taking his other hand and gently rubbing my cheek. "Could you tell me what happened?"

"Of course. How much do you remember?"

"The...you know what. Then everything after that is a blur." he smirked slightly.

"Well, when you were about to pull back out into the lane, this woman came out of nowhere and hit your side of the car. She was texting and not paying attention to the road. The car flipped and I was able to get myself unbuckled and out of the car, but you didn't."

"When did this happen?"

"Just earlier today. You haven't missed much. Besides Jim calling wondering about the rose pedals coming from the lounge door." I grinned, poking him lightly in the stomach.

"Oh Fuck! I knew we were forgetting something!" Gee smirked, his eyes creasing at the corner.

I never really realized just how beautiful he was. He looked as though he had just woken up from a rough night's sleep. His dyed locks thrown around in a million different directions, his eyes soft but sharp at the same time, his lips dry and cracked, and his features worn. But he still looked like the gorgeous man I had grown to love so quickly.

"Well, I've been told that you're feeling better." Dr. Smith gently smiled, walking into the room behind Mikey.

"Oh don't worry Doc, I feel like a million bucks." Gerard smiled. Even in this state he was quick with the sarcasm.

"Well you look like it too. And judging by your rapid rate of progression, we can release you within the next few days."

"Well that's great!" Alicia chimed in, smiling at the doctor.

"So was there anything major broken?" I asked, looking back at Gee.

"Just a two fractured ribs and a bruised collar bone. You're going to be sore for a while, but nothing too serious."

"Fantastic." Gerard smiled this time. "Hey Mikes, I hate to throw you out, but I need to talk to Frankie alone for a minute."

"Oh that's no problem man, just don't too rough with gettin' busy, these walls are paper thin." he winked, standing from the chair and leading Alicia from the room.

"Oh Gee. Thank's for the warning Kobra. I wouldn't want to disturb the rest of the wing with my boo boo fucking with my baby."

Mikey just smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door has he did so.

"What do you need to talk about?" I asked, hearing the concern wrap around my own words.

"Sweetheart, I know it's only been a few hours since I last consciously saw you, but it felt like a never-ending eternity. I could hear every word you were saying but I couldn't answer. I knew you were crying and I couldn't hold you. It was excruciating knowing that you were in so much pain seeing me the way I was. I never want you too feel that way ever again. I want you to know that I am never, ever going to leave you. We are going to grow old together. We are going to go on adventures and live life to the fucking fullest so you don't have to be lonely again. I am never going to leave you Frankie. I-I love you." Gee finally finished, the tears welling up in the corners of his eyes.

"Oh Gee. I love you too, forever and ever." I whispered, leaning over and hugging him the best I could while he was laying down.

***

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

"Well Doc, am I clear to leave ya?" Gee asked, standing in the threshold of the room he had been occupying for the past three days.

"Well Mr. Way, I think you are. Just promise me you won't lift anything heavy and you keep up on your rest." Dr. Smith smiled, patting him lightly on the shoulder.

"I think that is agreeable."

"Alright, I don't wanna see you back here within the year." the doctor smiled as Gerard started to inch away backwards, his hand locked between Frankie's.

"No Promises." He called, spinning around and practically skipping out the door.

"So, what do you wanna do now that you are out of there?" Frank asked, stopping Gerard and wrapping his pale arms around his neck, the sun glistening off of his hair as he went in for an overdue kiss. Gerard smiled through the flesh and pushed his long fingers through Frankie's short hair. They stayed like this for a minute before they were snapped back to a reality by a car trying to pull through.

"I wanna fucking shower." he nearly yelled.

"That's understandable. But after that."

"I don't care as long as I'm with you Frankie." he grinned, taking his hadn and swinging their arms up into the air. Though the fly time was cut short by the sharp pain that centered from Gee's collar bone.

"Take it easy there, tiger." chuckled Frank.

"I don't wanna take it easy. I wanna fucking live!" He yelped, running down the hill of the parking lot and down the sidewalk.

***

GERARD'S P.O.V

I felt wild. No. I felt...I felt free. After three and a hold long days spent in a dingy hospital, not allowed to get up and use the fucking bathroom by myself, I just wanted to run. I wanted to get out and be spontaneous with no clue what I'm going to do until I get there.

"Slow down hot shot!" I heard Frank calling behind me.

God, I don't think i could ever get tired of hearing that voice of his. Oh that sweet fucking voice. It makes me want to dance while it's the guitar solo in the background.

"C'mon shorty, we're going to Third Street." I smirked, rounding the corner leading into an alley way. I could hear Frank's pounding footsteps falling flat on the pavement as the street lead down hill.

My breath was exiting my lungs in pants but I didn't care. All I wanted to care about was the breeze through my hair, Frankie's calls from behind me, the smell of the fucking garbage on every street corner. I wanted to not care at all and just let everything go. So i did. Despite my lungs in their burning battle for oxygen, I screamed. I screamed until it hurt to even think about doing. And then I saw the clearing, with the rusty swing set and that creaky merry-go-round.

I felt the gravel and dust kick up from under the flat soles of my Converse as I sprinted full speed to the merry-go-round, jumping up in one step and pushing myself along.

"Holy. Fucking. Shit." Frankie gasped, hunching over and resting his palms flat on his knees. The sweat shinning off his forehead as it rolled down his face.

"What?" I asked, short of breath myself.

"I was never, EVER a runner," he panted, "And I just sprinted thirteen and a half fucking blocks."

"Hey, you wanna know a little secret sweet cheeks?" I smirked, leaning in so close I could feel the body heat radiating from his face. "I never ran either."

"You are really a piece of work, y'know that?" he half-smiled, straightening himself up, his hands resting in fists on his hips.

"And you really are so fucking attractive right now." I grinned, jumping down in front of him, my hand sprawled out on the back of his perspiring head, as I pushed the two of us together, crashing our lips together.

His lips, Oh Fuck, his sweet fucking lips. I've kissed many, many boys before, but his topped them all with a single peck, let alone a random make-out session.

We attacked each other, lips, tongue, spit and all. My hands on his head, and his on either side of my waist. I couldn't stop. I needed him.

I broke from the moment with a gasp, my forehead resting on his before my lips slowly trailed down his temple, meeting his ear and tracing it's outline slowly, stopping every few seconds to whisper comments of beauty. I moved tenderly to his clenched jaw, moving down and down and down and stopping. With a smirk playing across my face, I pulled at the sensitive skin with eager nibbles and sucks, in no time tasting his blood in my mouth. I pulled back, licking my lips and meeting his closed eyes. I ran my fingers through his short black hair, leaning down one last time, locking our lips together.

They had to be made for each other the way they fit so perfectly.

"Gerard." he finally whispered, him breath deep and even.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, my ears pressed to his shoulder.

"Why don't we go finish this at home." he smirked. I nodded eagerly, grabbing his hand softly in mine as we walked out to the sidewalk, heading home.

***

I walked through the door of my apartment, taking in a deep breath and letting it go slowly. "I'm home." I mouthed to myself, Frank pushing past me and into the living room.

"You mean We're home." grinned my boyfriend, poking my upper arm.

"Not really no." I shook my head. He obviously saw I was beyond confused.

"Well, I've just been thinking," Frank smirked, sitting down on the couch. "It obvious we aren't going to be splitting up any time soon, so why don't we move in together? I'm still not even close to being unpacked, so it would be easy."

"Well, I think that would be...Fucking Amazing!" I shouted leaning over his and kissing him quickly on the cheek.

"I thought you might like the idea. I don't wanna get into any serious moving until you get better, but I think we could start sharing some closet space." He smiled, standing up and wrapping his arms gently around my waist.

"Oh, I think that is more than okay." I replied, kissing his forehead.

"Brilliant. I'll go throw some clothes into a box and you order a pizza?" he asked, poking my stomach before releasing me and walking over to the front door.

"I'll get right on that, Your Highness." I grinned, watching him walk out the door.

Fuck. I thought to myself, Am I like the luckiest bastard on earth or what? He is just so perfect. His eyes are full on life, his lips are always energized, there is always a skip in his step, and that body. Holy Shit, I almost believe in God on that, because I don't trust nature to make something so damn fine. I can't imagine anything hurting my Frankie. He won't need to suffer anymore. I will protect him.

Smiling to myself, I went back to my bedroom, clearing out some of my older shirts too give him some room. I was just about to box them up when my phone started ringing. I saw a number i didn't recognize flash across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Is this Mr. Gerard Way."

"Speaking."

"Hello, Gerard, this is Doctor Smith from Lincoln Front Hospital."

"Oh Dr. Smith! How are you?"

"Oh I'm doing alright. Gerard, I have some news, it's why I called you personally." There was a pause.

"What's the problem Doc?.."

"When you went in for the full body scan, we found something in your brain what wasn't supposed to be there."

"W-what was it?"

"It was...it IS a tumor. We drew some blood and had it sent off for multiple tests and everything came back fine and normal, except one." There was another long pause and the hesitation in his voice made my stomach sink.

"W-what....What is it Dr. Smith?"

"Gerard...it's cancer."