So Long and Good Night

Let's Let Tonight be Different

GERARD'S P.O.V

I felt his fingertips digging into my back as he clung to me, soft sobs and heavy heaves was all he was.

"I-I....I'm s-sorry...G-Gera-ard." he choked out, his voice hoarse and strangled.

"Shh." I whispered through my own tears. "Shh. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. Just....just promise me you will try your hardest to stop doing this. Okay Frankie. It kills me to see you in so much pain." he picked his head up and nodded weakly. I let my lips travel down, touching gently to his forehead as his breaths slowly evened out, only the occasional gasp being caught in his throat.

"C'mon, lets get you cleaned up." I smiled at him slightly, pulling away from the embrace and turning him towards the sink. I grabbed the cloth laying over the lip. I moved his arm gently into the bowl, wetting the cloth with clod water and slowly letting the blood drip away. When it was as clean as his raw skin would allow, I grabbed the gauze from behind the mirror and gently wrapped it around and around and around his arm.

"There." I half smiled, taking his hand in mine and kissing his knuckles.

"Th-thank you." Frankie smiled, looking up at me shyly, his eyes still red and puffy.

"It's fine." I said, leading him back to my apartment.

"Oh Shit! I'm sorry!" I shouted, getting the delivery boy's attention. He looked down at our hands hesitantly before shaking his head.

"It's no problem." he smiled "The pizza is 10 even."

I pulled out a twenty and handed it to him. "Keep the change kid." I smiled as he gave me the warm box.

"Thanks." He grinned turning towards the stairs. My hand was still wrapped in Frank's as we walked through the door of my apartment and into the kitchen.

"You still hungry?" I asked, holding the box out to him.

"Not really." he sighed, plopping down in own of the wooden chairs around the tables.

"So, I'm going over to Mikey's in a little bit to tell him. Then tomorrow I'm going to swing my the hospital. Dr. Smith told me he wanted to talk with me about everything." I explained, sitting down next to him and snuggling into his side, my head rested on his shoulder. Frank's arm draped over my shoulders, his fingers running up and down my arm.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Would you?" I asked, looking up at him hesitantly.

"Of course I would. I'm going to be right here with you the whole time." Frankie smiled, pressing his lips gently to mine. I placed my hand on the back of his head, keeping him in the position. This kiss was different. it was gentle yet passionate. And when he finally pulled away, it lingered, tingling across my flesh, making me want more. So, i pulled his head back down. He chuckled into my lips, his tongue brushing across my bottom lip, asking for an invitation in. Which, of course, I allowed.

We stayed like this before I pulled away, still inches form his face.

"I want to forget about what the doctors found. I want tonight to be about us." I smiled, my hand cupping his face. His eyes traveled down my features before he nodded, a small smiled playing at his lips.

"We've had sex everywhere but the bedroom." He winked.

"You just read my mind." I laughed, rising form the couch and leading the way back to my room. He spun me around and smirked throwing me against the bed, landing on top of me with playfulness plastered all across his face.

I threw my hands on his back as he ducked his head down to my awaiting neck. Kissing slowly down my jaw line and then too my crook, nibbling and sucking tenderly at my skin, peppering my neck with hickeys. As he was doing so, soft whimpers and moans were escaping my parted lips. I could feel him smirk into my neck as he started to grind his hips into mine, creating more and more heat in my jeans.

"Jesus Christ, are you teasing me for a reason." I yelped, my hand running through his hair.

"You are too fucking adorable when your desperate." Frankie smirked once again, his hands slowly moving down to the bottom of my shirt. He sat up, straddling my waist as he pulled it off over my head. I did the same to him, staring at his pale yet perfect body.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." he smiled, wiggling down my legs so he hand better access to the buckled that rested above the tent in my jeans.

"Well, someone's excited." Frank smirked, his hands moving quickly with the metal buckle.

"oh bite me will ya."

"Too late, I already did." he smiled, pulling the jeans off of my body, throwing them into a pile on the floor.

"Oh yay, I get to explain the hickeys to the doctor tomorrow." I smiled as he started the rub me through my boxers, moving faster and faster. While he was doing that, a trail of kisses where being led from my chest down to the elastic hem of my underwear. With ease, they were off and on top of my pants on the floor.

Frankie moved up on his knees, undressing himself completely, leaning back down and pressing his lips into mine, crashing them together as he starts grinding again.

"F-frank." I gasp out in a moan. "i-i need you." I could feel the heat run out across my face.

He simply nodded and got off of my waist, spreading my legs. I positioned them so he had access.

"Tell me if it hurts." he whispered, slowly starting to push himself in." I yelp put in pain, biting my lip to keep the noise to a minimum.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked, stopping himself from going any further. I nodded vigorously, letting my head fall back. And with that, he slowly starting pushing himself further and further. The pain was screaming but it was full of pleasure.

I kept my bottom lip between my teeth, silencing my moans.

"I want to hear you." he smirked, starting to slowly thrust in and out. And with that, i released my flesh and let the screams and gasps go.

Frank started to get faster and faster, his eyes closing and his mouth falling open.

"F-f-frank." I gasped, my back arching from the bed. "I-i-i'm...I'm close."

"Say my full name when you..." He smirked, i felt his release inside me and i was just about to when I screamed his name.

"Frank Anthony Iero!" I yelped, clears as day as I released, my back falling back to the bed and my lungs fighting my air. He fell down next to me and laid his head on my chest.

"That...w-was..amazing." he finally sighed, looking up and pushing his lips tenderly into mine. I smiled and was about to kiss him back when my phone started ringing from my pants pocket. i sighed and pulled myself from the bed, going over and digging through my pockets. I pulled out my cell and pressed it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey Gerard. Are you going to come over tonight still?" Mikey's tinny voice asked.

"Oh shit, i forgot. Can I just come by tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure. That'll be okay. Alicia will be gone though."

"Well I just want to talk with you. I'll let you tell Alicia on your own." I finished with a whisper, the tears welling up in the corners of my eyes.

"Alright man. you sure you don't wanna come over tonight?" He asked. I could hear the concern wrapping itself around his words.

"I'm sure. I'll see ya tomorrow, kid." I sighed, ending the call before he could respond. I looked up at Frankie and just let the tears go, rolling down my cheeks in fat drops as he came over to hug me.

***

FRANK'S P.O.V

I couldn't stand to see him cry, it was killing me. Gerard was so strong. So free-willed and he never cared about anything. I'd never seen him cry like his before. Or really at all. He was so good at hiding his emotions but now he was just let them go.

"Shh." I heard my voice coo, my hand rubbing over his greasy hair. "It's going to be fine. I'll be right there with you tomorrow okay? I'll even go to the hospital with you." I said, kissing him lightly on the forehead. I felt him nod into my neck as he pulled back the tears, looking at me with a final sniffle.

"I love you, Frank." He whispered, smiling ever so slightly.

"I love you too, Gerard. To the moon and back. Forever and ever."