So Long and Good Night

The Fun and The Fall

GERARD'S P.O.V

I lowered myself into the swing, gently pushing in back and forth with my foot.

"So big brother by three years. I don't mean to get too personal, but do you guys have any plans for the future? Are you going to move in together? Get married? Have a kid?" Mikes asked, sitting down in front of Frank and I, his knees pulled into his chest.

"Well," i smiled, reaching over and taking Frankie's hand in mine. "Frank is going to put all his shit into my apartment soon. And we actually were just talking about this. He asked me if I ever wanted any kids."

"Well do you?"

"I don't really know. Frankie here wants a little girl. Don't ya?" I smiled, squeezing his hand lightly.

"Yeah I do. I wanna name her Scarrlett Harper." He smiled, looking down at his lap.

"Speaking of kids, do you two know what your's is gonna be?"

"Oh, we;re having a little boy." Mikey beamed.

"What's his name?"

"Miles Lee." he grinned. "Though what are you gonna call him?"

"I was thinking Dr. Death."

"Eh, I don't know how that will fly with Alicia."

"That's what I thought. I also have Fall Out." I chuckled.

"That one might be better."

Things went silent for a long minute. Before I had an idea.

"Well, not to kill the mood but I have a feeling I should start making a bucket list."

"Why? The doctor said you have a few years at the least." Frank asked, looking at me through confusion.

"Well that's what he thought. There is always a possibility I don't have that long." I sighed, looking down.

"Well, I guess we could help you start one." Mikey smiled. I pulled out my phone and pulled up a blank Notes page. I immediately began typing.

"Whatcha got there Party Poison?"

"Get married. Join the Mile High Club--"

"What's that?" Frank asked, cutting me off.

"It's where you have sex in the bathroom of an airplane." I smirked, leaning in and planting a sloppy kiss to his lips. I felt him smile as I pulled away.

"What else?" Mikey pushed, clearly grossed out by my PDA.

"Um, go to Vegas. Get escorted from a premises. Go to a mattress store and jump on all the beds. Play mailbox base ball. Learn how to play an instrument. Go zip-lining. Go skydiving. Stay up for 72 hours straight, and preform to an audience." I finished, looking up from my phone screen.

"Well you got a pretty good start so far."

"Can I be romantic for a minute?" Frank asked, looking towards me.

"Sure sweet cheeks. Have at it."

"What about a kiss while watching a sunset on the beach. Or a dance under the Eiffel Tower." he asked, his face gaining a slight pinkness.

"Well, what about a skinny dip while watching the sunset from the ocean? Though I could defiantly go for Paris." I felt myself smile, leaning in and kissing him once again.

"Seriously, when is the wedding?" Mikey chuckled, shaking his head.

"You can help me think of the rest tonight." I whispered, winking playfully as I pulled away.

"Holy Shit!" Mikey yelled. "You should so ply hide and seek in Ikea or Wal-Mart or something. Or get into a cab and just yell follow that car."

"We could easily do both." I smiled, poking Frank lightly on the arm.

***

"Are you gonna be okay with...y'know...everything?" Mikey whispered to me as we were walking back to the apartments.

"Yeah. I'm not worried about me so much as I am him." I admitted, pointing at Frank who was walking a few feet in front of us.

"Well, when things get bad, just gimme a holler." he smiled as Frank and I stopped at the entrance to the parking lot. I simply nodded with a light smile as Mikey walked on.

"Get a goldfish." Frank said turning to me.

"What?" I chuckled out of confusion.

"For you're bucket list. You should get a gold fish."

"Well why don't we just scratch that off right now?" I asked, stopping at the base of the stairs.

"Alright." Frankie shrugged walking up next to me and locking his and in mine.

"There's a little pet shop not far from here. Just a few blocks up." I smiled as we walked back out of the parking lot and onto the sidewalk.

Within a short walk, we were there.

"The Domestically Wild pet shop?" He asked, shooting me a 'what the actual fuck' look.

"It's family owned, can you tell?" I laughed, pulling open the door and walking inside. There was a little bell the chimed, alerting everyone on new customers.

"They're back here.' I smiled, taking Frank's hand and leading him straight down the isle to a large tank. There were what looked like hundreds of little fish swimming around in the clear water. There was one over in the corner that caught my eye.

It was small and white, with an electric red fin flopped over on side of its body. It was long and flowing like the rest of them.

"I want that one." I said, trying my best to point at it thought the glass.

"I'll go get a worker." he smiled, leaving my side and walking up to the front desk. Minutes later he was walking back, followed by a young girl in a light pink polo t-shirt.

"Hello sir. How may I help you?" She smiled, looking at me."

"I wanna but that fish there in the back." I smiled, looking at him once again.

"Okay." She replied, stepping up onto a step-stool and grabbing a little net. She dipped it in and caught him in one try before dumping him into a plastic bag filled with water. She tied it off and handed it to me.

"Alright. We also need help with everything to go with him." I chuckled lightly. She returned the smile and lead me down an isle right my the tanks.

"Would you just like a bowl, or a tank."

"Just a bowl."

"Okay well he's kinda small, so something like this should be." the girl said, taking down a glass bowl and handing it to Frank. She also grabbed two bags of colored aquarium rock and a few decorative items. Like a castle and a bit of coral. There were also three little plastic strands of seaweed given to Frank. She topped it off with a large container of fish food before leading us up to the check out counter.

Within a few short minutes everything was paid for and I was holding the fish as Frank was carrying everything else. We walked out the door and back to the apartments.

"Go fill up the bowl half way please?" I asked Frank, taking the bags from him and setting them on the table.

"Shouldn't we put the rock in first?"

"Right." I smiled, handing the fish to Frank. I grabbed a bag of the colored rocks and tore it open with my teeth. I poured the whole bag into the bowl before placing the little sculptures in it. I took it over to the sink and filled in up half way before taking the bowl back over to the table and setting it down.

"Do you have a name for him?" Frank asked, dumping the bag into the bowl.

"Crimson." I smiled, watching him swim around.

"That name wouldn't have anything to do with the color of his fins would it?" Frankie chuckled, poking me in the stomach before walking into the living room.

I turned around to join him when a piercing pain started right in the center of my head. It traveled down behind my eyes. It felt as though someone was jabbing me with a red-hot ice pick. I looked down at my hands and they were trembling...no they weren't trembling. They were shaking. Violently.

I felt the panic rise from the pit of my stomach as my legs gave out, sending me falling to the floor.

"Gerard?...Oh my god Gerard!" Frank yelped, rushing over to my body. My arms were locked to my sides and my legs had gone numb. All i could do was stare up, seeing glimpses of Franks' panics face and my head hit up and down against the hardwood floor. And then, everything went black.