So Long and Good Night

I can Show you Around

"Oh my God." Gerard thought, looking into Frank's beautiful hazel eyes, "his eyes are breathtaking."

Frank stood in front of Gerard, looking up at him, and into his matching hazel orbs. "Wow, they are gorgeous." He stammered in his mind. Finally though, Frank shook himself form the trance and pulled his attention back to the man in front of him.

"So, er, Gerard, h-how long have you lived in New York?" Frank stuttered out nervously.

"Oh about five years now." he replied, shaking himself from the same daze.

"I see, well I just moved in about a week ago."

"Really. Hmm, this is the first time I've seen you, or noticed you for that matter." Gerard responded awkwardly, bringing his large hand up and rubbing his bicep, creating friction-based heat.

"Oh, would you like to come up to the apartment" the shorter man offered quickly.

"Uh, sure...I-I guess."

"Great!" he said excitedly, turning around quickly and leading the way up the stairs and to his front door.

Gerard stood back and couldn't help but giggle to himself as Frank fiddled with the house key, attempting with plenty of failures to get it into the slot. Finally though, with a sigh a relief, he successfully slid it in and used his body weight against the door, pushing it open with his small shoulder.

The taller man followed him inside, only to be greeted by several towers of packed boxes and totes.

"Pardon the mess, Gerard, I haven't had much time to unpack." Frank said quietly, stating the obvious.

"Hey, man. Don't worry about it, I've been here for years and I still haven't unpacked everything. They're big apartments, but it's still a struggled to find places to put all your shit." He chuckled softly.

"Yeah, really. Anyway, please, have a seat. Anywhere you can find one that is." the host said, gesturing to the living room.

"Oh, thank you." Gerard smiled before walking to the couch and slowly lowering himself onto it. He watched as the other man sat down opposite him in a small armchair. Things were awkwardly silent, as each of them thought of something to ask. Finally, Gerard broke the quietness.

"So, Frank. What brought you to Manhattan?"

"Oh, my job actually. I lived in Nashville before but there was too much fucking country music that by the time I left, I had gone half mad." He smiled gently.

"Right. It's the worst. People are becoming more and more oblivious to good music anymore." Gerard agreed, shaking his head slightly. "So what do you do."

"I work at a local studio in the sound booths. Actually as a soundboard technician." He smiled proudly.

"Really? Huh, that's what I do. What studio do you work for?" Gerard further questioned.

"I was actually just transferred to Sayers' Studios."

"No way. That's where I work! What booth are you in?" he asked, getting more and more excited.

"Uh, nine I think." He answered, trying to remember for sure.

"You gotta be shitting me," Gerard almost squealed, 'I work in ten!"

"Really? Well it looks like we're neighbors at work and at home." Frank replied, chuckling lightly.

"I guess so."

Things grow awkwardly silent again as they both racked their brains from a decent question, and like before, Gerard was the first to speak.

"Well, seeing as we'll be spending some time together, tell me about yourself, Frank."

"Oh, uh all right. My name is Frank Iero, I'm 28 and I was born and raised in New Jersey. I'm an only child, I hate horrors, and I have a strong passion for music. I play guitar and piano, and I can play the drums, but barely. I've never had any serious relationships. Actually, I've never really had a serious life till a couple of years ago." He finished with a sigh.

"Impressive." Gerard stated before continuing. "Well, my name is Gerard Way, I'm 27 and I was also born and raised in New Jersey, along with my little brother, Mikey. I actually love horrors and a also have a thriving passion for music. I can't play an instrument worth a flying fuck, but I actually do my own vocals in the studio, mostly at home though. And I've had one serious relationship in my life, but we had to spit because he needed to move back home to be closer to his parents, and I can't do long distance." Gerard concluded with a small smile pulled at his lips, causing his one dimple to peek out slightly.

"Whoa wait." Frank added suddenly, "HE had to move beck?" he cautiously questioned, wanting to make sure if he had heard the man correctly.

"Yeah..." Gerard trailed off, "What? You've never met a gay man before?" He asked somewhat defensively.

"No, no. I have!' He quickly stated, I've actually dated a few. He thought to himself. "But usually people aren't that open to strangers." he chuckled nervously.

"Well, that's me for ya, Mr. Iero. Just an open book." He smirked, leaning back, draping one long arm over the back of the couch, and crossing one leg comfortably on the other.

"I see. Well..." Frank trailed off, glancing up at the clock on the wall in the kitchen. It read '11:27.' "I think I've kept you long enough, Gerard, and I'm sure you're tired. Though, can I ask you something?"

"Shoot." He stated simply.

"Well...I mean if it's not to much of a bother to you...do you think that you could...maybe..." he trailed off nervously.

"C'mon, spit it out man." Gerard chuckled.

"Show me to the studio, then maybe around town after work?" He finished shyly, a light pinkness making itself noticed on his cheeks.

"Sure, Frank. It's a date." Gerard smiled happily, leaning forward and patting Frank on the shoulder before standing up slowly and walking quietly towards the front door.

"Thanks." He smiled back, watching the extremely hansom man, with the sexy ass, leave his apartment building.