So Long and Good Night

Scratch That Off my Bucket List

GERARD'S P.O.V

We were rounding the last long corner and you could hear the muffled sound of the speakers from three blocks away.

The sun was just dipping down past the buildings, casting an orange and pink glow across the sky.

"And let the night, begin." I smiled, holding open the door and letting Frankie, Lilly, and Rion go it before me. I followed and pointed to a table in the far corner.

Maneuvering our way through the think crowd, we sat down.

"Holy fuck it's crowded here!" Frank yelled.

I nodded and looked around, looking for a waitress.

"Excuse me, ma'am." I called, waving my arm to get the attention of a young woman walking past our table.

"Hello. Here's your menus. I'll be back to take your drink orders." she politely smiled.

"What's good here?" Rion asked me, setting her menu down.

"The buffalo chicken is good but they are famous for the ribs." I smiled, folding the cardboard up.

(Author's little thingy...can you tell I'm not from a big city? XD)

Rion nodded and looked through the options once again. Within a few more short minutes the same young woman reappeared.

"So what'll it be?"

"I'll have a Coke and the buffalo chicken." I said, handing her the menus.

"I'll take a beer and the chicken as well." said Frankie.

"Can I have two cherry cocktails and an order of the chicken?" Rion asked.

"You sure can hon. I'll have that to y'all shortly." the woman smiled and once again turned to leave.

"Why did you order a Coke Gerard. This is a bar, isn't the idea to but alcohol." Rion asked me from across the table.

"Well I've been sober for about 6 years now. I used to be a terrible alcoholic. I was depressed and the whole seven years. My ex-boyfriend Levi helped me sober up and I haven't had a drop to drink since."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." she replied, shooting me a genuinely apologetic look.

"No, don't worry about it. It's all good." I smiled. Right as I finished, the music came to an abrupt stop and a microphone screeched through the large speakers.

"Helloooooo Ladies and Gentlemen!" the D.J boomed to the crowd. "The time has come on this lovely night to start the karaoke. I'm here to find some talent that isn't completely wasted already. So, do I have any takers out there?"

Two young girls who looked drunk enough to drop a horse stumbled up front.

"We...we wanna...w-wanna sing." one yelped, trying her best to look the guy in the eyes. I couldn't help but laugh to myself as they were escorted from the stage and I assume out of the bar entirely.

"Okay, the drunks aside, anyone want to legitimately take it for a spin?" He asked, scanning the crowd.

"Frankie, you play guitar, come up with me." I said, getting up form my seat.

"No, it's karaoke. I don't need to go play."

"C'moooonnnnn Please?" I pleaded, pulling on his arm.

From some urging form Rion and Lilly, he finally gave in and came up with me.

"Well hey there guys. What are your names?" The D.J asked, throwing the mic in our direction.

"I'm Gerard and this is Frank."

"Alright Gerard and Frank, what would you like to sing?"

"Well, I saw that guitar back there and I was wondering is Frank could play it?"

"Have at it man. Start whenever you're ready." He smiled, setting the mic down and turning the music back up.

"Alright we're gonna do something that I know he doesn't have the music for." I said, leading Frankie to the back of the stage.

"And how do you know that?"

"Because I wrote it?"

"Well then how am I going to know the tabs?" he asked as I shoved the guitar into his hands.

"Because they're easy and I'm gonna teach you. Just start with a heavy B." I said. he complied and strummed the guitar.

"Okay now add a G." Frankie followed the instructions and played.

"Great now your gonna go go back to a B. Then you're going to repeat that same thing." I finished getting everything sorted out. When I was happy with what Frankie had gotten, I smiled and went up to the man behind the controls.

"Hey..um..I'm sorry I didn't catch your name?" I said getting his attention.

"Oh, you can call me Jay."

"Alright Jay, well Frankie and I are ready."

"Rad man. I'll give ya the mic and you can do your thing." He said, killing the music once again and picking up the mic.

I walked over to Frank who was standing off the the right side of the stage.

"Alright, We're about to get this party started with Frank on guitar and Gerard singing..." Jay put his hand over the mic "What are you singing man?"

"A song called Mama."

"Gerard is singing a song he likes to call Mama." He smiled. Everything went quiet as I was handed the microphone. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

"Alright, this song requires everyone in this whole mother fucking place to be on their damn feet." I smiled. I tapped Frank and he quietly started picking at the strings.

"Oh c'mon. I can't start unless you ALL are standing up." I insisted. Frank started playing louder and faster as the last few people stood from their seats.

"Alright, this is a little song that I wrote, and I hope all you fuckers like it. It's called Mama." I smiled.

Frank started the rhythm at full pace.

Mama we all go to hell.
Mama we all go to hell.
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well.
Mama we all go to hell.

Oh well now Mama we're all gonna die.
Mama we're all gonna die
Stop asking me questions I'd hate to see your cry.
Mama we're all gonna die.

I felt the butterflies slowly start leaving my body as the crowd started to get into the song. Ass Frankie was rocking out on the guitar he only just learned how to play, I started bouncing, motioning for everyone else to do the same.

Mama we're all full of lies,
Mama we;re meant for the flies.
And right now they're building a coffin you're size,
Mama we're all full of lies.

***

"That was great!" Rion said, hugging me once we got back to the table.

"I feel amazing. That was such a rush." I beamed, I could feel the smile only getting bigger and bigger across my face. Even Frank was grinning.

"I never realized you had that much energy in you." Frank chimed in, poking my arm before drawing my in form a short kiss. Which of course, turned into my hand landing on the back of his head, keeping his lips locked into mine.

When we both broke from the kiss, I saw Rion standing there awkwardly. I could tell she wanted to do the same thing with Lilly, but her anxiety was holding her back.

"C'mon kiddos." I smiled, taking Frankie's hand and motioning from Rion and Lilly to follow. I lead the way out of the crowd and back out onto the street.

"Rion, Lilly. C'mere." I smiled, grabbing their hands and pulling them in front of me.

"This is the first step of showing the world that you are gay and they can go fuck themselves in a whole filled with lose Legos. Rion, I want you to take Lilly's sweet little hand and hold onto it like you never have before. Let the love you have for her flow to your fingertips as you lock them between her's."

She looked at me with hesitant eyes. I simply smiled and she looked down at her hand and then her girlfriend's. With a short sigh, she moved her hand over, lacing her fingers between Lilly's with a grace I had never seen before.

"Brilliant! Now, you aren't going to let her go even for a moment tonight! And I'm going to so the same with my Frankie." I grinned, locking my fingers through his.

"So where are we headed?" Lilly asked, looking up at me shyly.

"Well, I was thinking Third Street." I smirked, nudging Frank lightly with my elbow.

"What's on Their Street?"

"A lot of memories that er are going to share with you, you adorable couple." I said, wrapping an arm around Rion's shoulders and leading the way to the Third Street Park.

The stars where peaking out as we walked down the lighted streets.

This is going to be a perfectly brilliant night. I smiled to myself, leaning in and planting a gently peck to Frankie's awaiting cheek.