So Long and Good Night

The Kids From Yesterday

GERARD'S P.O.V

I slipped myself into the back seat of the obnoxiously yellow taxi as Frank already sat in the seat next to me.

"Where ya fellas headin'?" the driver asked, glancing back at us through the mirror before looking back to the road and pulling away from the curb and into a line of stopped cars.

"Lovebird Chapel." I smiled, taking Frankie's hands in mine.

"Really? Going to a wedding huh? Who's is it?"

"Ours."

And with that, the driver took a hard swallow, stammering for the right words to say before just giving up and keeping his focus on the road.

I honestly couldn't believe it. The man sitting next to me I have only been dating him for a mere two months and now we were heading to our own wedding. In band tees nonetheless. But my life has defiantly been changed since I met him. I came out to my brother and sister-in-law, I'm in true love, and my whole existence is just much happier and livelier.

***

"You ready?" Frank sighed, taking my hand in his as we stood in front of the building.

"As I'll ever be." I smiled, squeezing his flesh before we both walked in, about to change our lives forever.

***

Well now this could be the last of all the rides we take.

In truth, it was correct; marriage was one of the last big things we could do because I have 6 months. I know Frankie wants to adopt a little girl, but in honesty, I won't be there to hold her and Frank will have to tell her about her daddy when she's older.

So hold on tight and don't look back.

"This is it Frank. Now or never." I smiled, cupping his chin and turning his head to me. I leaned down and locked our lips together. It was a lingering and beautiful kiss, and much like our first, I will never forget the tingling that he left on my flesh.

We don't care about the message or the rules they make.

We were about to be husbands in a society that eats up our sexuality, shits it out and spits on it twice for good measures. But that horror was slowly slipping away as the two of us walked hand in hand down the velvet red carpet on the isle.

We'll find you when the sun goes black.

And you only live forever in the lights you make. When we were young we used to say, You only hear the music when your heart begins to break. Now we are the kids from yesterday.

"Gentlemen and...gentlemen." the man behind the alter started, his booming voice carrying through the whole hall. "We are gathered here today to witness the joining of Mr. Gerard Way and Mr. Frank Iero in holy matrimony."

We both stood in front of the alter, my hands in his facing each other. I shoot him a small smile and we both look back up.

"Am I correct in saying that you have your own vows prepared?" He asked, looking back at the both of us. I gave a nod and let go of Frankie's hand. I reached around and pulled a piece of paper from my back pocket.

"Frank Anthony Iero. Thank you for making this past two moths of my life a couple of the happiest I have lived. You make me want to be with you from the moment I wake up to the second I fall asleep. You are everything to me and I don't see how I can live without you now. You have been there when things get really tough, always there to pick me back up and put a smile back on my face and a skip back into my step. With you, I want to make sure these last 6 months are nothing but an adventure, even if that means having sex in a hospital bed. I love you with all my heart and soon, I will be able to proudly call you my husband. Thank you so, so much Frankie." I looked up for my teary eyes to be met with his own tears. I couldn't help but smile possibly the biggest smile in the word as he pulled out a paper.

"Gerard Arthur Way. From the moment I nearly made you fall backwards down the stairs, I've been hooked on you; your smiled, your eyes, your laugh, your body, your personality, the way you can make me laugh, just everything about you has been perfect. Ever since I knew I was queer, I've dreamed about fairy tails and meeting my prince charming. But as I got older I thought that no man could come to my rescue. That no one would pull me our of the deep end. But then you came along and I thought the road ahead of us would be more difficult, but in all honesty it couldn't be easier. Though we have come across a few bumps and scares along the way, but our journey thus far has been the biggest adventure of my life, and I'd like to continue it with a piece of paper saying we are officially married by the state of Nevada. I love you Gee, and let's let this day be the start of our new adventure, our new fairy tale, and our new life."

"Alright, Gerard Way, do you take Frank to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the pastor asked, turning to me once our own vows where over.

"I do."

"Do take him to be your partner in life and one true love?"

"I do."

"Do you vow to cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever?"

"I do."

"Do you vow to trust and honor him? To laugh and cry with him?"

"I do."

"Do you vow to be faithful to him through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"And do you Frank Iero, take Gerard to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Do you take him to be your partner in life and one true love?"

"I do."

"Do you vow to cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow, and forever?"

"I do."

"Do you vow to trust and honor him? To laugh and cry with him?"

"I do."

"Do you vow to be faithful with him through good times and bad, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"Can you present the rings?"

Frank pulled out a small box from his jacket pocket and opened in up to reveal two golden bands. He slipped out out and handed it to me. I looked on the inside and saw my name engraved into it.

I looked up and held out my left hand. Frankie took my finger in his hand and slowly slipped the other ring on, stopping it right above my engagement ring.

"I will love you forever, Gerard." he whispered before placing his own left hand in mine. I held onto his ring finger and slowly twisted the band on.

"I will love you forever and ever too, Frankie." I smiled. I felt the tears brim up under my eyes but didn't bother with keeping them back.

"And now, by the power bestowed on my by the state of Nevada, I pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss." the man smiled, gesturing towards us.

I didn't need to be asked again as I let my hands fly up to cup his face as he did the same. We crashed our lips together, melting into the sweetness of the connection. Sparks started pulsing through my veins as we both pulled away. I watched the electricity flicker in Frankie's eyes before he stole one last kiss and slipped his fingers between mine. With one last look exchanged between the tow of us, we took off in a sprint down the isle and out of the hall.

Frank pulled me to a stop at the front desk where the same lady as before was handing him a piece of paper.

***

"Certificate of Marriage: This certifies that Gerard Way and Frank Iero were united in marriage on this day, the 6th of April in the year 2014." I read from the paper as the both of us sat down on the bed back in our hotel room.

"I cant believe it." Frank whispered. "I'm married.."

"Don't you mean WE'RE married?"

"Of course I do sweetie." he chuckled, pecking me on the cheek. I pulled out my phone and scrolled to Mikey's contact.

"I'm gonna call Mikes." I said, drawing the phone to my ear and rising off the bed.

"I thought you weren't gonna --" I held a hand up to cut Frankie off as Mikey picked up on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey there Kobra."

"Oh hi Party. What's up?"

"Oh nothing much. Frankie and I just got back to the hotel."

"From where?"

"A ceremony actually."

"What do you mean? What kids of ceremony?.."

"A wedding ceremony smart one."

"Who the fuck do you know out in Nevada that was getting married?"

"Hmm..let's see...well..Frankie and I." I smirked.

"Wait WHAT!?"

"Frankie and I are legally married by the state of Nevada."

"Holy shit dude! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Well I didn't want you and Alicia to worry about it. You've got enough of your plates."

"I don't care! You - My only brother - got married without telling me about it until afterwards."

"That's just how I roll."

"Well I'm throwing you a reception when you get back home. And you can't stop me."

"Alright kid, just nothing too big alright?"

"No promises." And with that, Mikey hung up.

***

"So, what do you wanna do?" Frankie asked, pausing the TV.

"Well, you have promised me something." I smirked, rolling over and nuzzling into his chest.

"Did I now?" he smirked, his hand snaking down to the front of my pants. My breath hitched when he grabbed me. I could just nod into his chest as he started to rub me. I began moving my hips along with his motions as he rubbed harder and harder.

Very very soon, Frank has the both of us undressed and he was straddling my waist, his head ducking down peppering my neck with hickeys.

"I want to ride you." I heard his husky voice whisper delicately into my ear ad his breath grazed my cheek, sending shivers down my spine. All I could manage for a reply was a small nod accompanied by a faint whimper. Thankfully that's all he needed and he was squatting above me. He had his hands behind him, opening himself while I grabbed my own member, directing it for him.

I watched his face scrunch up in painful pleasure as he hissed out a moan. But before long he had taken all of me in and as once again straddling me. I watched as he started moving himself up and down slowly, and before long my hips her joining too. Our bodies feel into heated sync as Frankie's mouth fell open and his gripped for something. I didn't even have time to warn him I was close before I shot a hard release into him.

Before I could comprehend what he was doing, he was off of me and my legs were over his shoulders. With one quick motion his member was inside of me as a loud gasp pushed itself out of my mouth. Frank began thrusting quick and hard as my back arched and my hands gripped the sheets in fists.

With one last thrust, I felt warmth spreading inside my body as I fell back to the bed. Frank collapsed beside me, his breaths short and heavy.

"How...how was that for after marriage sex?" He finally asked, a smirk pulling lightly across his face.

"It was amazing." i smiled, rolling over and planting a lingering kiss to his full pink lips.