So Long and Good Night

Going Home to a Surprise

FRANK'S P.O.V

I let my eyes flutter open before reaching up and brushing the crusty sleep away. I looked over to see Gerard's back to me, his hair was thrown around in a thousand directions and his mouth hangs open letting little snores escape.

Smiling to myself I threw my legs over the edge of the bed, letting them dangle before wiggling my way off. I shuffled over to the counter where a coffee pot rest and started the drip.

We were going home today and I couldn't decide if I was happy about it or not. In reality as long as I was with Gee I didn't really care. But still, this trip felt rushed. Maybe that's just me though.

As I was standing over the stove making scrambled eggs, I was startled by Gerard wrapping his lanky arms around my torso.

"Hey you." I chuckled, craning my neck and kissing him on the cheek. He caught my lips on his before I could turn away.

"Hi there, baby." his husky voice cooed, spreading the smile on my face.

"Shoo, I need to finish this." I told him, causing a little pout to run across his face.

"Fine, meanie. Don't love me." he sulked, though he was in a losing battle with the smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"I am not a meanie, I just don't burnt eggs." I chuckled. I felt his sigh brush across my neck before he released me and went back over to the bed. He flopped down and flipped on the TV, aimlessly scrolling through the pay-per-view movies.

"Whoa stop!" I yelled, seeing a familiar title flash across the screen.

"What?"

"Finding Nemo!" I yelped.

"You really want to watch a kids' movie?" Gerard asked, looking over to me like I had seven heads.

"Mhm!" I nodded excitedly, scooping the eggs into two bowls before nearly skipping over to the bed, plopping down next to my husband.

"Well alright, kid." He chuckled before pushing play. I nearly squealed with excitement as the beginning credits rolled across the screen. I sat up and handed Gerard a bowl which he took and promptly started shoveling the food into his mouth by the fork-full.

I chuckled when little pieces started getting caught around his mouth but didn't say anything, just turning back to the movie.

About half way through our movie, Gerard got up and put the bowls in the sink before going into the bathroom, closing the door behind himself. Shortly after that I heard the water start running and I got up myself to get dressed and packed.

I pulled off my shirt for the night before and slipped a clean plain black t-shirt on over my head. With a sigh a dropped myself back to the bed and pressed play on the remote, resuming the movie.

Right as Dory and Marlin were looking for Nemo by the sewage drains, Gee stepped out of the bathroom sporting nothing but a small towel around his waist. His red locks where stringy with wetness and clinging to his face.

I smiled as he walked over to the bed. As he was bending down to rummage through his clothes, I slowly reached around and yanked the towel from his grasp. A small yelp escaped his lips as his head shot up to meet my features of playfulness.

"Gimme that you little shit!" he chuckled, grabbing for the material in my hand.

"Why. There's nothing on your body that I haven't seen and or fucked before." I smirked, rolling off the bed and standing on the other side.

"Frankieeeee. Just give it here!" Gee whined, still smiling.

"If ya want it, you hafta come get it sweet cheeks."

"That's it you little fucker!" he yelled before launching himself onto the bed, nearly reaching the towel.

"I don;t think so, goon lookin'. You'll have to try harder than that!" I grinned, sidestepping farther from his reach. He rolled onto his back and let out an exasperated groan before pushing himself up and chasing after me once again.

Finally, after several minutes of this little game, Gerard caught hold of my upper arm, pulling me into himself with force. I grabbed the towel from my other hand and pulled my head up for a kiss before he let me go and threw the material into the bathroom.

With the smile still on his face he went over to his bag and pulled out a pair of boxers and slide them up his legs followed by his black skinny jeans and a navy blue tank top with the sleeves cut half way down the shirt.

"When's our flight due to leave?" He asked, laying down next to me and throwing an arm over my shoulders.

"In about 2 hours." I sighed, nuzzling into his side.

God I loved doing that. It always made me feel safe and everything...like nothing was going to hurt me.

After a few minutes I looked up to just catch Gee yawning, his eyes fluttering closed.

I poked him lightly in the chest.

"C'mon sleeping beauty. You can sleep on the plane." I chuckled, getting up from the bed.

***

Gerard lead the way into the terminal as I was still stretching out. It wasn't a particularly long flight, but they sure pack you into those planes like sardines.

I glanced up to see him giving a small yawn as he took my hand and weaved us through the waves of people, navigating our way to the baggage claim.

Grabbing both of pieces of luggage, I lead the way out of the building and to the back of the small parking lot where Mikey's car waits for us.

"You wanna drive, hot shot?" I asked, holding up the keys.

"Sure, why not.' He shrugged. I tosses them across the car and he slid in, catching them. He slipped the correct key into the ignition and brought the car to life.

Gerard was about to pull out of the lot when his phone started ringing. I scooched down in the seat so he could get it from his pocket. With a sigh, he brought it to his ear.

"Hey Mikes." he started. I couldn't make out what Mikey was saying on the other end.

"Okay why?.... Ugh, fine kid. We'll be there in a little while." And with that, Gerard hung up and threw the car into drive, pulling out from the parking lot.

"What'd he want?"

"He told me to go to Third Street for a surprise." Gee responded, pulling out into a lane of stopped cars. I simply nodded and turned on the radio to be met with Brendon Urie's voice pouring through the speakers during the chorus of This is Gospel.

***

The drive was silent was we finally made our way through the heavy traffic. Gee pulled the car over on the curb right by the path leading into the park.

We both climbed out and stood on the sidewalk.

"Do you really think he is going to throw us a reception?" I asked, taking Gerard's hand.

"He's my brother....God only fuckin' knows." He chuckled lightly before we started walking down the oh so familiar path.

The walk seemed very short but very long at the same time. I knew it like the back of my hand but with the anticipation of what lay at the end gave it the felling of an eternity.

When we finally reached the swings and the merry-go-round, the only people I saw there were Alicia and Mikey along with two other men that I didn't know. One had very curly, shoulder length hair and the other had dark blond hair pushed over to the left side of his forehead.

"Ray? Bob? Is that you guys?!" Gerard yelped, letting go of my hand and walking up quickly to the two guys/

"Hey there Party Poison!" The one with curly hair greeted, walking up to Gee and holding his arms out. They met in a huge bear hug and soon the other followed suit.

"How the hell are you two! I haven't seen you in forever!"

"I'm great, man! And I'm assuming you are as well?" Curly Hair asked, gesturing towards me.

"I am indeed Ray. Frankie, c'mere." Gerard smiled, beckoning me over. I hesitantly complied, walking over ans standing my Gee who promptly draped his long arm over my shoulders.

"Frank I want you to meet Ray and Bob, two of my best friends from when we were kids."

Curly held out his hand. "Hello Frank, I'm Ray and this is Bob." Ray said holding out his hand. I shook it and then Bob's before stepping back shyly.

"So, you're queer?" Bob asked, looking to Gerard in near disbelief.

"Yes sir."

"A married queer at that!" Ray chuckled, correcting the other man.

"So Mikey did tell you."

"Of course. Though I we probably woulda come down if he hadn't anyway. When was the last time we saw each other, high school graduation?"

"I think so. Fuck it's been too long!" Gee yelped as Mikey walked over.

"Gerard, there are two more people here that would like to see you." He said, a smile pulled across his face as he led Gerard away. "Frankie you can come too."

I nodded and followed, still holding Gee's hand in mine.

"C'mon Mikes, who is it?" Gerard insisted as Mikey lead us to a little pavilion behind the merry-go-round.

"You'll see." Mikey smirked. We finally reached it and sitting at a table were two older people.

It was clear that Gerard didn't recognize who they were until the older man spoke.

"Gerard?" He asked, standing up quickly, soon followed my the woman.

"Dad?....M-mom is that you?.." Gerard asked hesitantly, stepping back slightly, his grip on my hand tightening.