So Long and Good Night

Room 322

FRANK'S P.O.V

I paced back and forth, back and forth in the overly lighted hallway. I was having a major moment of deja vu as I kept my eyes locked on the white tile with little black specks.

"Frank, just come sit." Mikey insisted for the last time but, like before, I didn't listen and just kept walking up and down the small 10 feet of hallway in front of Gerard's room.

I had called Mikey after Gerard and I had arrived to the hospital. And Donna, Don, Ray, and Bob had come with him, which I wasn't too happy about but I guess he had no other choice.

I was trying to figure out what caused his seizure; he had been taking his pills twice a day and this had been the first one in over a month.

Maybe it was the stress of dealing with his father and just remembering everything that he put him though.

That's when the door opened and Dr. Smith appeared. He weakly smiled as I looked up at him and rushed over to the door.

"Is Gerard okay?" I frantically mumbled.

"Yes, Frank. He's okay and stable, but he's in a medical educed coma. It was the only way we could stop his convulsing." the doctor explained.

"What caused him to have the seizure?" Mikey asked, rising from his chair.

"Well, the tumor hasn't grown any so it wasn't due to that. My guess it was caused by a very quick spike in his stress levels. And it was clear that his adrenaline had been heightened, so that wasn't any help." he replied as Mikey looked over to his father like he was trying to mentally strangle him.

"Can we go see him?" I whispered, wanting nothing more than to see be with my husband.

"Of course. And if he wakes up, you know the drill." Dr. Smith half smiled before stepping aside and letting me in first. Mikey followed then Ray, Bob, Donna and finally Don.

I quickly walked over to the chair sitting by the bed and lowered myself down into it, taking Gerard's limp and cold as I did so.

Mikey sat in the seat on the other side and Donna pulled on over from the corner, sitting next to her son. Don stood to her side and Bob and Ray stayed back at the foot of his bed.

"Well, I guess now is about the best time to tell you two." Mikey sighed, looked to Ray and Bob.

"Tell us what? Why Gerard had a seizure?" Ray asked, folding his arms over his chest.

"Yeah...Gerard....h-he..he had brain cancer. And the seizure was caused mostly by a tumor in his right temple."

"Oh...Mikey...I'm so sorry...Frank, Don, Donna.." Ray whispered, looking genuinely apologetic.

"Thanks." I mumbled before looking back to Gee's worn face. He looked like he had just gotten his ass beaten.

I couldn't stand seeing him like this...in so much pain. But I didn't know what to do to make him better..I felt so helpless. Like the only thing I could do was stand by and watch him rot in front of me and I hated it. I just wanted to help Gerard get better...make him get better so we could live a happily ever after.

Oh that's right...happily ever afters don't exists because this world isn't a wish granting factory. You don't just get your fairy tale ending no matter how hard you work for it or how much you want it. It will never happen.

"Frank!" I finally heard Mikey shout.

"What?"

"Alicia needs me home and Ray and Bob are going back with me." He sighed, rising from his chair.

"Oh..o-okay. I'll see you guys later."

"Alright, call em when he wakes up." I nodded and with that the three of them were out the door, leaving me int eh overly awkward position of being alone mother and father-in-law.

"So..how long have you and Gerard known each other?" Donna finally asked, breaking the ice.

"Oh a little over two months now." I half smiled, looking down to the ring wrapped around my third finger.

Her mouth tightened into a small 'o' as she nodded before looking down at Gerard.

"How long has he been diagnosed?"

"I'd say just about a month. This is his second seizure within that month as well." I sighed. Again the woman nodded and things went silent.

A few more questions were asked and answered before Donna and Don felt it was time for them to leave Gerard and I alone.

"I'll have Mikey call you if Gerard wakes up." I half smiled.

"Thank you, Frank." Don replied before he followed his wife from the room, closing the door behind himself.

I sat in the chair for what felt like hours just looking at Gerard and thinking about his cancer and if he really had 6 months or if he would live passed that...or not.

Finally I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I got up and went over to the reclining armchair in the corner. Lowering myself down I popped the footrest out and pushed the back back, my eyes growing heavier and heavier until I feel asleep to the faint beeping of Gerard's heart monitor.

***

"I can do it myself." I faintly heard Gerard snap before the springs in the bed started creaking.

"I know that you're capable, but it's hospital rule that I help you." a woman's voice replied.

"Fine." he exclaimed followed by an exasperated groan.

That's when I opened my eyes to be met with the bight sunlight peeking through the light blue curtains hanging in front of the window.

I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes and popping my now sore back. Fuck was everything in a hospital so fucking uncomfortable.

I looked over to see Gerard's ass handing out of his hospital gown. He had on over-sized socks and in his left hadn he was wheeling his IV pole along his side while his other arm was locked in the grasp of a young woman in light pink and purple scrubs.

I smiled to myself and slowly stood from the chair, stretching myself out and hearing things pop that I had no clue could pop.

When I was somewhat satisfied I shuffled over to the same chair I had been in last night and flopped down, pulling my phone from my back pocket. I turned in on and scrolled though my contacts before finding Mikey's and clicking on it. I pressed my phone to my ear and waited for the ringing to cut out.

"Hello?" I heard a groggy Michael ask.

"Hey, Mikey, It's Frank."

"Hey, is Gerard up?"

"Yep, and he's his normal, ignorant self." I chuckled.

"Good. Do you guys want me to come down any time today?"

"Uhm, why don't you wait until later. Gerard and I need to talk alone."

"Alright, that's no problem."

"Thanks. Oh and I told your parents I'd have you call and tell them."

"Oh okay, will do.'

"Thanks Mikes."

"Mhm." he replied. And with that, he hung up and Gerard was being guided back to his bed.

"Hey there, hot stuff." I smirked as he slowly sat down and got himself laid on the bed.

"Hi babe." he whispered, sounding wore out already.

"You feeling okay?" I asked, taking his hand in mine.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He smiled. I smiled back and leaned over the bed to plant a gentle kiss to his lips. That's when the nurse promptly left the room.

"So, did Mom and Dad come to see me last night?"

"Yeah..so did Mikey, Ray, and the other one."

"Bob?.."

"Yeah him." I chuckled lightly.

"What did my parents say?"

"Not much of anything really. The asked how long we've known each other and how long you were diagnosed and things like that. Well actually, your mom was the only on that did any talking. Your dad stayed quiet."

"Typical." Gerard replied, rolling his eyes.

Things went silent after that before I got an idea to hopefully make my husband feel a bit better.

"Y'know..." I started, moving my hand slowly Gerard stomach. "We never got to finish what we started yesterday."

He smirked.

"You're right.. Get over here handsome."

I didn't need to be asked twice and I was next to him in the bed, about ready to straddle him.

I threw one leg over his waist and leaned down, sucking the sweet spot on his neck that always made him moan without fail.

His hands were slowly working their way up my shirt before Gee just pulled it off of my head completely.

We stayed quiet except for the occasional gasp that escaped one of our mouths...that is until I was kneeling at the foot of the bed.

Just like the night before I was kneeling below Gerard, his knees over my shoulders as I was pushing myself into him. He hissed quietly but that soon faded into pleasure.

I started thrusting around in different ways until i found my target; his prostate. He let out a shrill moan hitched by a gasp as I began to thrust into him the same way again and again, hitting his sweet spot every time.

I didn't even acknowledge how bad the bed was squeaking until Gerard released hard all over my chest and his stomach. I was soon to follow before I leaned down and licked his warmth off of his skin.

When I had every drop gone, I pulled out and fell down to the bed next to him, our heavy breaths falling into sync as he nuzzling into my chest.

I wrapped a protective arm around his shouldes before reachign down and pulling the mint green sheets up over us.

"I think we need to have more sex in the bedroom to weigh it out. Because we're fucked too much in public, Frankie." Gee giggled, looking up at me through his lashed.

I couldn't help but smile at how adorable he looked before I leaned down and kissed his hair lightly.

After a while I heard soft snores falling from Gerard's mouth as I grinned, wrapping my other arm around him and falling asleep myself