So Long and Good Night

Maybe You Should Just Go, Don

FRANK'S P.O.V

I rolled over to be met with Gee's warm breath brushing across my cheek as he gently snored away. Smiling to myself I slowly wiggling out of his grasp and down to the end of the bed where I rose from the mattress and leaned back, popping my back more than what's most likely good for my health before shuffling into the kitchen.

I started the drip on the coffee pot and lowered myself into the kitchen chair, picking up the paper, though I wasn't really reading the tiny black words printed on the thin paper.

Gerard had been home for three days now and we were just taking things easy and slow. I didn't want him to get too stressed out because I didn't want him to have another...episode. And the last thing we need right now is yet another emergency room bill.

Just as I was about to pour myself a cup of coffee, my phone started buzzing along the counter top. I looked down at the screen to see a new text from Mikey.

"Hey, Dad's coming over. he wants to see Gerard...Now." I read before setting my phone back down to the counter.

Fuck! I can't have here, not with Gerard. Something is bound to happen or things will get ugly...maybe somehow I could keep Gerard--

"Morning Fun Ghoul." my husband's tired voice yawned as he shuffled though the doorway, one hand in a lose fist rubbing his eye.

"Oh...h-hi." I finally replied.

Shit. There goes that idea.

"everything okay, babe?" Gee asked, grabbing two mugs from the top shelf of the cabinet above the counter.

"Wha? Oh y-yeah. Everything's fine." I lied, forcing a smile Gee's way/ I could tell by the expression on his face that he wasn't completely buying it. he just nodded and turned his attention back to the coffee as he began pouring some into each cup before handing on to me. I slowly took it from him and drew it to my lips for a sip before I set it on the counter and picked up my phone.

"Fuck. Okay..uhm...alright." I replied to he text before turning my cell off and placing it on the counter once again.

That's when there was a soft knock on the front door.

"Who the hell is that at 10 in the morni--" Gee started.

"I'll get it!" I cut him off, running off to the door. But of course, Gerard was right behind me before I could get the lock open.

I slowly opened the door to be met with Don standing right outside, looking very insistent.

"Dad?" Gee whispered, stepping back.

"Can I come in?" he asked, trying to push his way through the door.

"S-sure..." his son nodded. I shot him an 'are you sure' look and he simply nodded once again. I sighed myself I pulled the door open, letting my father-in-law into our apartment.

Don immediately pushed passed me and went up to his son, wrapping him in a hug bigger that Gerard. And it was clear Gerard didn't know how to react.

"What are you doing here, Dad?" Gee snapped once he was released.

"To try to get you to forgive me. Gerard, you wouldn't believe how sorry I am."

"Then why'd you say what you did and do what you did in the first place?" the younger on the two hissed.

"Because I didn't know how else to react."

"BULLSHIT! You knew exactly what you were doing because you are a homophobic son of a fucking bitch that doesn't accept the fact that his son his gay and now happily married to the man of his dreams!"

"That's not true..."

"Fuck yes it's true!"

"No, it's not.."

"DON"T LIE TO ME DAD!" Gee yelped, his arms pinned to his sides as his hands curled into white-knuckled fists. Don was silent.

"So it is true?"

No answer.

"Answer me Dad. It's true.... isn't it?" his son asked again.

"Y-yes....yes Gerard...it is." Don whispered, looking down to his feet.

"I knew it. I fucking knew it you lousy piece of shit. You might as well tell me you don't love me as well Dad." Gerard hissed before turning around and walking down the hall. Then I heard the bedroom door slam shut.

"Gerard, please!?" his father yelled, starting to follow after him. I caught him by the shoulder.

"Maybe you should just go, Don. I think you've done enough damage." I whispered, pointing towards the door.

"But, I need to talk to my son!" he replied, shrugging my hand off of his shoulder before turning back around.

"This is exactly what caused his seizure! You are trying to force him to forgive you when it's fucking clear he can't!"

"don't you tell me how to deal with my own son!"

"And don't you hurt my husband!"

"You've only known him for what, 2 months?"

"Yeah, but I've learned more about him in those two months than you probably have in his whole life time."

"Go fuck yourself!" Don snapped.

"Really fucking mature thing to say, especially to your son-in-law, Dad." I replied sarcastically. "Now get your ass the fuck out of my house you son of a bitch! And if you come back, Gee and I will both file restraining orders against you!" I yelped before holding the door open for him to leave. It was clear he couldn't call my bluff and he couldn't find the words to say. So he finally hung his head and walked out the door, which I promptly slammed, further proving my point.

Once it was locked once again I walked back down the hall to find that our door was indeed closed and locked at that.

"Gerard...can I come in?" I called in near coo, my knuckles gently wrapping against the door. I heard the mattress creaking as he got up and shuffled towards the door. The lock clicked over and I slowly opened it so see him flopping back down onto the bed.

With a sigh I shuffled over and lowered myself down next to him, wrapping my arms around his upper chest. he nuzzled into the cook of my neck, his breathing deep.

we stayed like this for what seemed like hours, not speaking, because we didn't need to. We just lay there in each others arms as calm as calm could be, until Gerard soon drifted off to sleep .