So Long and Good Night

The First Date

"So..." Frank started hesitantly, wanting to step into this mine field with caution. "We kissed, we both admitted that we really like each other...does this mean...y'know?"

"Yes, I think it does, Frank. That is, of course, if you would like to make things serious." Gerard replied, still keeping his cool.

"Well I think it would be best if we take things slow. Get to know each other before we start sleeping together." Iero winked. A sly smile growing across his lips.

"Of course. Like imagine if we started to fool around tonight. Tomorrow morning would be so awkward that we wouldn't want to speak with each other, making it a one night stand. And I mean, I know that I'm hot as all living fuck, but I'd rather not be known as the gay whore that fucked his new neighbor." Way giggled, returning the smirk to Frank.

"Yeah I'd hafta agree h you there...you are hot as all living fuck. And that ass. Oh my God." he shorter man smiled, dramatically gasping.

Gee stood up from his seat and glided over to the couch, laying down next to Frankie and laying his legs across his lap. "You can look babe, but you can't touch. I'm off limits. Authorized personal only." He teased.

"And how might I become 'Authorized personal'?" he asked as Gerard got himself comfortable.

"The staff lounge at Sayers' tomorrow at 7. With take-out from that China King place up the street and shitty red wine so we can get trashy."

"So a date?"

"A shitty date from college that you called a date that really wasn't a date. But for these circumstances, it is definitely a date." Gee smiled, getting excited.

"And will there be those weird, tall, skinny, red candles and rose pedals all over the table?" Frank questioned, finding the way Gerard was getting more and more eager just adorable.

"Oh well obviously. And it must be formal wear. So now =sweat pants and slippers or skinny jeans and Chuck Taylor's. You are required to wear a button-down and tie. I want this first date to be adorably perfect." He smiled, acting like a little girl on Christmas morning.

"Well, since you brought that up, would you like to head over mine and help me pick out an outfit you your liking, Your Highness?" The shorter man asked.

"Sure! Though you will be required to show me so I can see how it fits." Gee winked, poking Frank lightly in the bicep.

"Fair enough. Lets get on with it then." Frank smiled, pushing the legs that were occupying his lap off and rose, holding a hand out to help his special friend up off of the couch.

He accepted the out-stretched hand kept it in his as he followed close behind the other boy as he walked over to his apartment.

Frank lead the way back to his very messy bedroom. There were half-packed boxes and discarded clothes and papers everywhere. The man walked over to the closet and filed through all his shirts before reaching the nicer ones tucked away in the back of the closet. He pulled out about seven different shirts and laid them, out on the bed so he could see them all. Then he reached back in for the few ties he had. All of witch were either black or red. He also had a charcoal grey blazer that was removed from the closet and displayed on the bed.

"Well, not much to work with here, but we can get something." Gerard smiled, picking up a crimson red shirt tucking it into the blazer before grabbing a think. black tie and holding them up to Frank's torso.

"Get a pair of black skinnys" Gerard instructed. Frank complied and turned to grab a dark pair of denim jeans.

"Okay go put those on and just the shirt, bring the blazer and tie back but don't put them on." He told him, and with that, Frankie was in the bathroom changing into the clothes as Gee had gone over to the closet to find a pair of shoes. Though, all he could find where combat boots and Converses. But, he did pull out a pair of lighter grey high-tops with Batman on one and The Joker on the other.

Once he had the shoes set on the bed, Frank reappeared wearing the shirt and jeans, jacket and tie still in his hand.

"Okay that looks great!" Gerard nearly squealed with excitement. He took the blazer from the man's hand and helped him into it quickly. As the articles of clothing were begin added to Frank's appearance, the more joyed Gerard was becoming.

The black material was slipped over the man's head and his guy friend tied it properly, seeing as Frank could never do it himself.

Lastly, Iero was handed the high-tops and instructed to put them on.

"But I though you said no skinny jeans or Chuck Taylor's?" He teased Way.

"Well I'm sorry but with you being Mr. Fashion Sense, you sure as hell don't have a lot of nice dress clothes." Gee replied, gesturing to the clothing sprawled out across the duvet.

"Yeah...I guess you're right..but I have to ask why you choose the Batman and Joker sneakers?" He chuckled.

"Well they were cute and the only grey ones you had. And you are too much of a dork not to wear them with this." Gee smiled, leaning in and pecking Frankie quickly on the cheek as he stood up from tying the shoes.

Gerard let out a shrill squeak of excitement, marveling at his ingenuously brilliant work. He quickly turn Frank so he was positioned in front of the full mirror hanging on the wall. Mr. Iero started to smile - partly because of his 'stylist's' own smile, and partly because he looked damn fine. He quickly turned around and hugged his stylist.

"Thank you babe." Frank lightly laughed.

"You are quite welcome, Sir." Gerard chuckled.

As he was looking over Frankie's shoulder, he looked up at the clock above the doorway. The time read seven till eleven. Time had really been flying since they ate at six-thirty.

"Hey, it's nearly 11 and they want both of us at work early tomorrow. I think I should get going." he said, pulling away from the hug, but still keeping his arms draped over the shorter man's shoulders. While his hands slowly traveled down to rest at the top of the studded belt fastened around his guy friend's waist.

Gerard slowly leaned down, pushing his lips slowly yet passionately into Frank's. And, feeling brave, Frank let his tongue gently brush up against Gee's bottom lip, asking for an invitation in. When neither of the men pulled away, he went through with his actions, slowly pushing his tongue into the other's mouth, lips still planted together.

After what seemed like an amazing eternity, Gerard opened his eyes to be greeted by the lively orbs that belonged to the man that he was still kissing. Finally, they both pulled away and Gerard just now realized that Frank's wondering hand had found a new resting place on the back pocket of his jeans, his fingers slowly working their way in. He smiles. and reached around, grabbing his thumb and rescuing his hand, only to wrap his fingers in between his.

Gee planted on last butterfly peck to Frank's forehead and walked from the bedroom, leaving the other man awestruck as he watched him leave.

Neither of them slept that night. And they were both kept up thinking about the same thing. That they had to be meant for each other, it's inevitable. Feelings like the ones they share don't come every day. Their minds knew that they needed to ease into things but both of their hearts were screaming to jump head first into the other's love.

***

It was 6:35 and Gerard was skipping out of the office after his early shift and walking happily to the Chinese take-out place just a few blocks from the studio. Frank had just left work 20 minuted earlier so Gerard had roughly an hour to get things ready.

He already had his clothes in a bag in his booth, along with most of what they needed; wine glasses, candles, the rose pedals, eatery, and a tub of something that he felt they might be needing later.

He got to the restaurant and ordered their meal which consed of noodles, egg roll, sweat and sour chicken, and terryoki pork. As the food was being prepared, Gerard ran across the street to a general store that had just about every kind of alcoholic beverage you could imagine. He went in with the intention to by a bottle of cheap wine, but he walked out with a high-end bottle of champagne, decent red wine, Skittle Vodka, Jack Danial's, and Coke.

Mean while, Frank was nervously pacing his apartment, filly dressed, wanting to kill the time that was creeping agonizingly slow. He wanted to leave now, but didn't want to seem too eager to get there.

To settle his nerves, he went into the kitchen and got himself a cold glass of water and checking the time, he still had 23 minuted before he was supposed to be there.

The antsy young man sat down in the living room and flipped on the television to the local news channel, trying to take his mind off of what was going to happen when he walked into the lounge at the studio.

Back at the studio, Gee had the food set out on platters, sitting in the oven to keep them warm. He had the alcohol on ice in the refrigerator, and he was in the bathroom changing into his dark grey and black pin-striped shirt, navy blue blazer, black skinny jeans, red Chuck's and crimson tie.

Once he was changed and his hair was managed into a presentable fashion, he set the plates and silverware out on the table, and scattered the dark red pedals all around them. Gerard also brought out the two candles and placed them on golden stands in the middle of the table. With two simple strokes, they were both lit and he was dimming the lights and fiddling with the stereo in the corner, putting on a tape of The Smiths that he had gotten from Main Street.

At the apartments, Frankie was just leaving, slipping his phone and wallet into his pocket and locking the door. He flew down the stairs as fast as his short legs would carry him and down to the sidewalk.

Gerard was putting the finishing touches to the set up in the lounge before taking the bag of pedals and making a trail of them from the front door, leading to the door of the room they would soon be occupying.

Frank's walk to his work place was pacing by like an eternity and he couldn't walk fast enough. Though as he reached the final blocks, he started to grow unbelievably anxious. His palms started growing sweaty and he couldn't leave his hair alone. He was getting closer and closer until he saw Gerard stand right out side the door, holding a bouquet of white roses.

Frank ran up and hugged him, moving up onto his tip-toes and planting a gently kiss to Gerard's lips.

"Well hello to you to." He chuckled. "Okay, to make his a surprise I'm going to blindfold you." Gee said, leading Frankie inside and giving him the flowers.

"Well do it right outside the room. Okay?" Frank asked, chuckling at the present excitement of the taller man. He agreed and they silently followed the trail of rose pedals, fingers intertwined. Right as they rounded the last corner, Gerard's hand flew up and covered Frank's eyes as he lead him into the lounge.

"Okay..three...two...one..." And he took his hand down, intently watching the man's face.

"Oh my goodness, Gerard! This all looks amazing! You didn't have to go to all this trouble for me." Frank said, reaching up and planting another gently kiss on Gerard's lips.

"Oh but yes I did. I told you I wanted to make this adorably perfect." He smiled. His hands then traveled up to the tie around Frank's neck, straightening it our right in record time.

"Well, lets get this party stared." He chuckled, gesturing to the closest chair as he pulled it out for his date. Once Frank was situated he went over and turned on the stereo, then over to the oven, pulling out the platters and placing them between himself and Frank. He then got the champagne from the refrigerator and two glasses, filling both and setting one in front of each plate.

Gerard took his seat in front of Frank and took his glass, raising it with one hand.

"To the hopeful start to an absolutely brilliant relationship, with the more amazing and beautiful man on this earth." He smiled, tipping his glass into his date's before taking a sip.

"Le's dig in, shall we." Gerard smiled, dishing out a bit of everything to each of them. All the while, Frank was just sitting there in awe. He couldn't even begin to believe the time that was put into this. Nor how beautiful Gee looked in the candle light. His red hair falling into his round face. his sharp features having shadows cast over them. His hazel orbs still dancing and shimmering with light. And how cute he was he started rambling on about something that he loved.

"Frank?" HE finally heard, snapping him out of his daze. "Is everything okay?" Gerard asked hesitantly.

"Oh of course, everything is marvelous. I was just thinking about how lucky I am to be with someone as thoughtful and sweet and nice and romantic and adorably handsome and beautiful as you." He smiled as the blush creeped its way across Gee's pale cheeks, and his dimple pokes out to say hello.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww how sweet, huh? lol sorry this update to sooooooo long to be added, I've been super busy and not really that motivatied or inspirational to write. But here it is now. Hop ya like/liked it!!! ^_^