Status: Active between this and my other story.

I've Seen This World Burning for Too Long, Yet I'm the One Left Standing

Why Are You Looking Grave? (Prologue)

Willow shoved her hands deep into her jacket pockets, shivering against the cold air that stabbed at her her long raven black hair blew across her impossibly pale skin and she gritted her teeth. Hunting in these nights were never her favorite, though hunger had forced the elusive vampire out of her house. Humans brushed past her in the crowded, bustling city unaware of the predator they crossed; it always amused the vampire to no end that the humans were so ignorant of their existence. Focusing in on her senses the vampire surveyed those in front of her trying to pick out who would fit as her meal; it wasn't long before Willow's intriguing Castelton green eyes fell on a middle-aged woman who was chatting happily on the phone. Her blood called to Willow's more predatory senses and quickly weaving through the crowds of people approached her. The woman though sensing something was wrong had begun moving down the street and it took little effort for Willow to catch up with her.

Reaching out and grasping the woman's forearm she glanced up wearily at the young looking women in front of her; though Willow was old, unimaginably old. She'd lived in Ireland for years as a vampire when the Vikings had come and taken it over, she'd seen empires rise and fall and the wars of man. She'd lived through the Industrial Ages, which in her opinion fucked a lot of things over; and marched in the protests and riots that followed. Clearing her thoughts of her reverie Willow glanced up into the taller women's eyes and compelled her rather easily "Follow me, quietly. It's ok." The woman had a dazed and dreamy look on her face as she nodded and followed Willow silently into the closest alley way. Because of her age Willow rarely killed when she fed and always healed them afterwards; something she believed should be more widely practiced. The cold had begun to numb the vampire's arms as she stepped towards the women who was beginning to look confused. Using her vampiric speed the Willow quickly pinned the woman against the wall and sunk her newly grown fangs out into her neck.

Taste exploded in her mouth and she bit back a small moan as the blood quickly filled her mouth; this is what made her feel alive again. While drinking however she was trying to keep a tab on the unknown woman's pulse, even though it was hard. Her mind was filled and focused on the satisfaction of the hunt and on the blood which brought indescribable feelings of pleasure shooting through her brain. Once the pulse began to flutter weakly Willow pulled away and licked her mouth of any stray blood before ripping into her wrist and shoving it against the woman's lips. "Drink and forget." The vampire demanded to which the woman complied and once she had enough Lily blurred out of the alley back to the street and looking around to make sure no one saw; began to walk quickly away from the alley trying to keep the guilty look from her face. A sort of restlessness filled Willow, the night however was young and she decided to go to a club that wasn't far from here; and catered to vampires. The place was run by one so it was no surprise, Willow found it easier to be among vampires than humans anyway.

She hadn't made it three blocks when her sensitive hearing picked up the muffled pleas of a man, and the sobbing of a child. Frowning and following the sounds she entered another alley twenty feet away only this time the sight that greeted her raised the small woman's ire. Two men were holding a family hostage, probably a mugging she'd interrupted. It wasn't uncommon but the sight of one man holding a small raven haired boy with a gun pointed at his stomach, an obviously pregnant woman and man being the target of the mugging spurred the vampire into action.

"I suggest you clear off." Willow's soft voice could hardly be heard over the sobbing of the family; though it did get the attention of the muggers.

"Fuck off bitch, before I put a bullet through your eyes." This made Willow laugh, though it was a cold sound filled with mirth and hate.

"I dare you." She taunted and took a step forward though to her surprise the gun cocked, not at her however. The small raven haired child looked at her with large tears rolling down his eyes as the gun was pushed into his gut.

"Take one step closer and the kid gets it." Convinced she could move before the gun was pulled Willow rushed forward just as a shot rang out and confused cries from the muggers and family; then a pain-filled shriek. Though it had not come from the mugger who's heart was still dripping in Willow's hand, it came from the boy who was clutching the gaping bullet wound in his high left shoulder. The mother realized it too and screamed, distracting Willow for a moment. She'd heal the boy after she caught up to the other mugger who'd taken off, cursing about demons and hell. This made Willow scoff, for all the years she'd been cursed to roam this earth alone she'd never found God. The only thing Willow beleived in was death, luck, and life. Everyone had those things at some point, and were refused those at other points. Besdies if there was a God did that mean that he'd cursed her to walk this earth as a monster, and if he did then Willow had a piece of mind to give him. Shaking her head the vampire caught up to the fleeing mugger and reaching out tossed him against the side of a brick building.

Bones audibly cracked and with a slow smile and a predator l ike gait Willow walked over to him and kicked him in the ribs, where she'd heard the crack. His scream tore through the night and Willow bent down picking him up by the throat. "Shut Up." She hissed using her compulsion and her fangs were exposed and she fed off him, even though there was no need. He didn't taste as good as the woman and feeling bored with this game of cat and mouse Willow dropped him with a resounding thud as the family stayed put; too terrified to run away.

Willow bent down and grasped the mugger's face in her hands, any feelings of mercy gone, and quickly snapped his neck and tossing his body aside. Now that the mugger was taken care of she turned to focus on the little raven haired boy who was quickly loosing blood and color of his face. His mother held him sobbing and trying to smooth back his hair; stepping over the vampire stared down with an impassive face.

"Let me help him." Her voice still held it's interesting accent and the terrified woman held him closer, irritation flashing through the elder vampire. "I can heal him." To Willow's surprise it was the man who spoke up.

"Donna give him to her; we can't lose him." Trembling Donna tried to stand up to hand the young boy over but Willow merely slid down next to her and took the boy from the mother.

"Hey there, you were quite brave you know that? Here, let me help you." Willow crooned to him and once more placed her wrist in her mouth, biting down and letting her blood flow forth.

"I don't... I don't wanna drink blood." The boy choked out with obvious difficulties though Willow ignored him and gently placed her bleeding wrists against his lips.

"Drink." This time she used her compulsion and the boy complied. Soon his shoulder began fixing itself much to the relief of his hovering parents. The pain slowly ebbed out of his face as his normal complexion returned. "Sleep now little one." Willow whispered and the boy did indeed fall into a deep sleep. Now she turned her attention to the parents. "Are either of you hurt?"

"No- what are you?" There was fear and awe in the father's voice as he took his son.

"That's not important, what's his name?" She pointed to the child snoring lightly, and a small smile lit up the man's face.

"That's Gerard, and that-" He pointed to his wife's impregnated belly "Is Mikey. I'm Donald Way, how can I ever repay you for helping us?" At this Willow closed her eyes and reopened them, compulsion ready to go.

"You must forget what happened here. Forget that you got mugged, forget your son was shot and forget everything about me. Once you throw your son's bloody shirt out you will forget everything. And you are /never/ to speak about me or my existence to anyone- ever." Setting her gaze on the sleeping Gerard she whispered softly to the child "Always follow your dreams, they will bring you wherever you wish and stay strong, keep your head up." With a slight blurred breeze the vampire was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, possible new story:)