Status: Active between this and my other story.

I've Seen This World Burning for Too Long, Yet I'm the One Left Standing

I'll Never Let Them Hurt You

Gerard’s POV

A breathtaking pain was the first thing Gerard was aware of when he was cast back into the realm of consciousness. Moaning in a low voice he went to put his hands in his head to try to soothe the pain, only to find the restrained by a thick, heavy, pair of chains. They were not only on his wrists his but his ankles as well which kept Gerard’s movements restricted to the bed he found himself in. The bed was by no means luxurious, in fact it was small, had bloodstains on it and the once white sheets were now this awful yellowish color. Feeling tears rise to his eyes Gerard hung his head and tried to take deep breaths, though they were ragged and did nothing to help the fright that invaded his very soul.

Why hadn't the man just killed him, wouldn't that of been best? Gerard didn't want to go through life being some snack until one vampire drained him to the point of death. No; Gerard wanted the vampire to have done away with him, leave his drained and lifeless corpse in the alleyway. Maybe then his mother would have some peace, she’d at least know that her son would never return. They could all grieve and move on, but now she’d spend endless days and nights waiting for a son that may still never come home. Panic and despair bubbled up in Gerard’s lungs as he let forth a bellow that echoed his misery and pain, even as he did Gerard regretted it. The human was sure that someone would hear it and come to shut him up. Or worse feed off him; the feeling of fangs piercing his skin made the man shiver and shake uncontrollably. Sure enough the door banged open and revealed the man from before; looking incredibly annoyed. As he stood A few feet away from Gerard’s bed the pale artist had time to truly study him. Thick blonde hair fell into his brown eyes and a few freckles dotted his nose. The blonde’s body was rather muscular, even through the shirt and he appeared to be much taller than Gerard; however it was his face that made Gerard want to cry out in fear. It was completely devoid of any emotion except maybe mirth and anger.

“Vampires are trying to sleep around here! Shut up!” The words were hissed softly at him and Gerard had the air knocked out of him as the man wrapped a pale hand around his throat, squeezing to the point where the artist was left gasping and choking for breath. “Let me set some ground rules. First off, you will do anything and everything I say. My name is Tyler, but you’ll refer to me as sir- I own you know. Do you understand.” It was all Gerard could to nod his head, his vision beginning to flicker in and out.

“You have no rights- don’t give me that bullshit. Ever. If I want to fuck you, I will. If I want to feed off your blood until you die of blood loss. I will. No one will stop me or help you, are we clear?” Gerard felt as if he were underwater as he heard the words. How could this happen to him? What had he done to deserve this? More tears rolled out of his hazel eyes as he nodded brokenly. Suddenly the hand from his throat was released and the vampire purred “Good. One last thing- vampires are extremely territorial. No one else is to touch you, you’re mine.” The vampire’s gaze met with Gerard’s terrified hazel one and he asked coldly “What’s your name?” What was Gerard’s name? For a moment the human forgot until he was snarled at “I asked you a question.” “Ge-Gerard.” The man stuttered softly with a small frown.

The vampire who had been straddled Gerard’s waist as he explained Gerard’s new “rules”, exposed his fangs and pressed them against the smooth, creamy skin on Gerard’s neck. He could feel his skin flex to the point of near breaking, however they didn't; extremely uncomfortable with this position Gerard tried to move subtly to shake the vampire off, which didn't work. In fact it had the reverse effect as the vampire snarled, and before he knew what was happening Gerard found himself pushed down, on his stomach as the vampire now sat above him.

“You know what, I think that because you woke me up, you should make this worth my time.” The words were spoken seductively as Gerard trembled biting back a scream of dread. Whatever this vampire planned to do, it wouldn't be with the consent of Gerard. A pair of cold hands roughly ripped the shirt off Gerard and he closed his eyes trying to mentally place himself anywhere else but there. A sharp burning in Gerard’s shoulder snapped him back to reality as the vampire’s face was buried in Gerard’s shoulder blade feeding once more. Tyler’s hips rocked against Gerard and he felt the erection in the monster’s pants. There was no way this thing was human, not in Gerard’s opinion.

Stifling back a sob he closed his eyes and hoped for the whole ordeal to be over with already. It was when the sound of Tyler unzipping his pants, sent Gerard into a frantic, stupid, dash for freedom. Squirming and kicking upwards suddenly Gerard felt his kneecap collide with Tyler’s crotch; the sound of his squeal of pain was more satisfying than anything Gerard had ever known before. In a desperate lunge to get off the bed Gerard had forgotten about the cuffs that tethered him there and fell, smacking his head against the floor. There was no way out of this now and Gerard didn't even have time to collect himself before Tyler’s foot collided with Gerard’s ribs, breaking at least two.

Unable to hold back any longer Gerard let out a shriek of pain, though that hurt as well. Now everything hurt, it hurt to breath, to think , to fight. Feeling himself lifted upwards by the throat Gerard spluttered and clawed at the hand that held him firmly in place as he was slammed back down on the bed, face first as Tyler was intent to finish what he started. Gerard’s pants were ripped roughly off his lower half and he snarled feebly kicking his feet in protest. However a sharp and cruel leg had him moaning in pain, it felt like Tyler had broken his ankle and with the pain that was swallowing Gerard, making it impossible to move. So Gerard laid there, broken and bloody as bitter tears dripped down his face, in fact it didn't even hurt that badly comparatively speaking when Tyler as roughly as possible thrust into Gerard, without so much as a warning. His body shook as Tyler thrust, grunting occasionally as the raven haired man stared at the wall in front of him, humiliation, shame, and hatred tearing at him. Oh how he wished to snap Tyler’s neck, tear him limb from limb but he was only a human. And Tyler’s fuck toy at that- the will to fight drained out of him and he felt a dull aching in his ass.

Closing his eyes it seemed like eternity until Tyler finally came and released into Gerard, collapsing into a sweaty heap on top of the artist. This brought Gerard back from a sort of unfeeling trance he’d been thrown into and whimpered, his ribs were making it hard to breathe and the human didn’t think he’d be able to walk or stand for awhile, due to his most likely broken ankle, and the intense pain in his ass. Never had he been so ashamed and the man feeling more broken than he ever had trembled as Tyler snarled “You will never, ever, go against my wishes again. Are we clear Gerard?” He nodded lifelessly and Tyler gritted out “I can’t hear you.”

“Yes sir.” The artist choked out, and with a satisfied grunt the vampire stood and left the room, zipping up his pants. Gerard however was left naked, in the bed as his clothes had been ripped and torn off him in the most uncivilized manner. His body was left on top of the sheets and an icy air blew over his skin, deeply discolored with lumps over his ribs and ankle, raising goosebumps and in that moment he hoped to freeze. Gerard wanted to die, to be put out of this misery that had been inflicted on him.

He didn't know how long he tried to will himself to just fall asleep, let it all go when he heard footsteps outside the door and arguing voices. One of them was female and the other was Tyler, fear blotted out the faint sensation that he knew that voice.

“I told you we don’t treat humans like that in this court Tyler! I don’t care what your excuses are!”

“Willow, I told you he’s my property and not your’s so… Make yourself a good little girl and shoo.” A thump could be heard on the wall and a groan of pain elicited from Tyler.

“Don’t you ever fucking speak to me like that again ok? Now open the door, let me see the condition of the poor thing.”

“Poor thing? He’s lucky I’m letting him live. He defied me after I told him not to.” Anger seeped into Tyler’s voice and Gerard whimpered involuntarily scared that there was about to be a repeat of what just happened.

“Defied you?! You just raped a man and you’re angry that he deified you?! Where do you get off? Vampires are not superior in fact it’s our job to watch out for humans. They give us life. The least you can do is treat them with respect and not like some sex toy or livestock.” Tyler laughed at this, a truly frightening sound.

“You better watch your tongue Willow. You may be the oldest one of us around, but you have your enemies. Some grow tired of your ways.” The woman, who Gerard assumed to be Willow, dropped her voice low and dangerous.

“You are nothing youngling. I've seen empires rise and fall, seen man triumph and fail. I could end your meaningless existence right here. Do not raise my ire more than you have.” Her voice sounded strangely accented and Gerard wondered briefly where she was from. Tyler however spoke in a more respectful and mollified tone.

“Of course. I did not mean to anger you.” That was a blatant lie and the woman did not buy it.

"If you did not mean to irk me then you know my stance on humans. They deserve their rights and your neighbors have told me they heard screaming and fighting in here. If you've killed him then that's punishable by death in my Court. Are we clear?" There was a nervous squeak and a mutter that Gerard's human ears could not pick up. Tyler walked in first, gesturing to Gerard’s form laid in the exact position he’d left him in.

“See no harm was done. A few broken ribs, and a fractured ankle. He’s not dying.” The raven haired man began to tremble as Tyler walked over to him. A hand roughly grabbed a fistful of soft, thick, inky black hair and yanked it up, exposing his throat. “There, he’s a fine looking human, and tastes even better. Help yourself if you wish Willow.” There was a soft gasp; though no matter how hard Gerard tried to focus on the blurry shape in front of him, all he could make out was blood red hair. Everything was beginning to blur, and nausea was stirring in the pit of the raven haired man's stomach. Somehow Gerard didn't think that Tyler would take to kindly to him throwing up and the human shuddered to think at what would happen if he angered the blonde, sadistic vampire once more. The blur of red seemed to move closer to him and Gerard instinctively cringed away, seemingly unable to stop trembling.

Really he was growing tired of the color red. The sheets were now stained with red, partially the red that Gerard had bled and partially the red that had been stained there before the artist had been kidnapped there. The fist let go of Gerard’s hair and the man couldn't find the strength within himself to keep it held up, so his head lolled down, his breaths quick and ragged with fright. He didn't like to be exposed in front of the unknown vampire, but didn't dare say so.

“Release him.” The words were tightly spoken, filled with a rage that went beyond Gerard.

“No! I told you he’s mine!” Tyler protested, though a scream was quickly produced by the blonde vampire and a low animal sounding snarl from the other. A wet thud, had Gerard’s attention though his vision was quickly blacking out. Maybe from fear, broken bones, and the trauma of today. Suddenly an achingly familiar pair of green eyes met his; and Gerard felt strangely safe now. He felt as if this woman would protect him, that no one else would harm him under those watchful green eyes. It was then the woman whispered softly, with a thickened voice that scratched at the sensation of familiarity.

“Oh Gerard, I’m so sorry. I’m going to take care of you now, don’t worry. You just need to stay strong for awhile longer.” And those were the last words before Gerard was thrust into a grateful blackness that swallowed him whole; where pain no longer could touch him. It was as if he'd sunken to the bottom of a very deep pool of water; nothing around him just a welcoming blackness. Here no thoughts ran through Gerard's mind, no pain grew in the side of his ribs, or any other place of him for that matter. It was here in this blackness that Gerard could see those green eyes staring at him, a kind sort of sparkle, a place where he could pretend that he was home finally. He could pretend that he'd wake up with a great idea for a comic, that his skin wouldn't be bruised and bones broken and his body defiled. Gerard could wake up shove Mikey out of the shower and go about his painfully human life, with his boring job and overbearing mother.

Right now all he wanted was his family, and Gerard wondered what his mother was doing. Had she waited for him to come home, was she biting her nails and trying to phone the missing man, or had she assumed he'd gone out to party and simply hadn't returned? Were the police looking for him, and Gerard liked to think they were. He liked to think that someone noticed his disappearance, had found the scene he'd been abducted from and that he was going to be rescued, although he found that unlikely. This was no fairy-tale, his princess in shining armor wouldn't be coming for him in this nest of vampires. He was on his own and it was up to Gerard to rescue himself; even if he had to fight nail and pitiful human tooth to escape. He was dully aware of someone picking him up soft muted sounds around him; maybe it was people speaking maybe it was just footsteps. He'd never know as his ears would not pick up any detail of sound.

Part of Gerard also hoped to pass away in this pressing darkness; it was peaceful and it would spare him the horror that surely awaited when he awoke. How would he go about his life after what Tyler did to him? Gerard wasn't strictly into women, but the fact that anyone, or anything, had done that was wrong. Where was his will to fight to keep going? He found his answer in the back of his sub-conscious. Because that would mean he'd let these fuckers win, have the very best of Gerard and the artist refused to allow that to happen. At some point Gerard would overcome this and he'd look back as a reminder of what he could get through; but he'd have to live first. Time passed for the unconscious human, though he'd not be able to count it. It could of been days, hours, seconds, though when he awoke the first thing Gerard noticed was that his body didn't hurt. His ass, ribs, ankels, nor head hurt and he was clothed. A bit scared to open his eyes he took a breath steeling himself before opening his hazel orbs ever so cautiously.

The room was bright and colorful, nothing like the one he'd been in previously and the bed was large, fluffy, warm and clean. Chains were not found binding his wrists so experimentally Gerard moved into a sitting position. Had the last night been all a dream? It couldn't of been, but the confusion was soon expelled when his eyes fell on the girl in the corner watching him through careful guarded eyes. There was a feral grace about her that took Gerard's breath away and her pale, pale skin told him that she was not human. "Wh-Who are you?" He stammered afraid to look her in the face and instead focused on the bed sheet. However light, lithe footsteps made their way towards Gerard and something compelled him to look at the vampire before him. He traveled up her long, finely shaped legs, skimmed her fine feminine figure and finally came to rest on her face a shock like lightning striking him. It was her, his guardian angel from all those years ago. The one that saved his family and this really proved that Gerard was not insane. That he had not imagined or dreamed that night and with this revaluation brought a feeling of much needed safety and security. She'd saved him twice now, surely she had no will ill against him.

When Gerard tried to open his mouth to speak though; nothing came out. Shock wouldn't allow his brain and mouth to correctly collaborate on what he wanted to say; and this seemed to amuse the woman. She sat down on the bed, however a good distance away from him as if to give Gerard much needed space. A couple minutes ticked by where nothing was spoken, Gerard just gazed at this redheaded beauty. She must of gotten fed up though because her soft, musical, accented voice filled the silence.

"Hello Gerard; it's lovely to see you again though the circumstances are unfortunate. I'm Willow, I saved you and your family twelve years ago."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah! Sorry just realized that I posted the draft and not the actual chapter; So without further ado here it is. Enjoy!