Have Faith in Me

1

Jared was in a hurry. He was minutes away from missing his flight; he was walking through the airport as fast as his long legs would take him, weaving in and out of the other passengers around him. In his pocket his phone vibrated and chirped loudly, calling his attention to a new text. His frustration was starting to blossom as he dug his phone out and avoided colliding with another man who also appeared to be in a rush. Jared opened the text, it was from his sister, Katie, and opened the picture contained in the message. It was a picture of Katie and Jensen proudly holding an ultrasound and the caption below it read 'we're having a boy!' followed by smiley faces and hearts. This quelled every last hint of frustration coursing through him, he was going to be an uncle. Jared adjusted his backpack and began typing out a response to his best friend and his sister, not breaking stride. He was focused on his phone, lost in his happiness and excitement, and didn't notice the woman directly in his path. She wasn't paying attention either, she was digging through her purse, looking for her car keys - she'd forgotten her boarding pass in her glovebox. The two of them collided, causing Jared to stumble slightly, but she bounced off his chest and ended up flat on her ass and sending the contents of her bag flying.

"Shit," He said, crouching down to help her collect her things from the tile, "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you." She scrambled to her knees, grabbing her wallet from the floor.

"I didn't see you either," She admitted, looking up and taking him in, wondering how she missed him. He was tall enough that he should have been easy to pick out of a crowd. Jared picked up her keys as the two of them stood and he handed them over as she looked him over once more.

"You okay?" He asked, it was his turn to look her over.

"I'm good," she said, brushing herself off, "You?"

"Yeah," He nodded, "I'm really sorry, i'm running late-"

"Of course," She smiled, waving off his apology.

"You're sure you're alright?" He sized her up, she was a foot shorter and he felt horrible for plowing her over.

"Yeah,"She nodded with a smile, "Go catch your flight." Jared apologized again before they went their separate ways.

___________________________________


An hour later Jared was walking away from the ticket desk, he'd missed his flight. He let Jensen and Katie know he'd be late and sent a message to his manager, telling him the situation. He had an hour and fifteen minutes to kill. Jared made his way towards the foodcourt, his mind found it's way back to the incident from earlier and a cloud of embarrassment settled over him. As he rounded the corner, his stomach growling, he spotted her. The girl he'd practically run over was sitting alone at a table, her nose in a book; Jared debated with himself over whether or not he should approach her, he waited long enough that she looked up and spotted him. She gave him a confused look with a small smile and a wave, he had no choice now.

"Hi," He smiled as he approached, "Is it okay if I sit with you?"

"Sure," She said with a shy smile, “Miss your flight?”

"Sure did. Can i leave this here?" He asked, setting his backpack down in the chair across from her.

"You're not supposed to leave you luggage unattended," She said before cracking a smile.

"You shouldn't joke about airport security," Jared said seriously, making her self conscious of her remark until his lips pulled into a smile, "Just kidding."

"Ahh, funny," She smirked, looking back to her book, trying to play it cool as he headed towards the Chinese storefront. Jared ordered his food and got his drink while he waited for his lunch. She was watching him, wondering why on earth he decided to sit with her as Jared glanced back towards her, she quickly looked back to her book. It was Jared’s turn to study her, until the worker behind the counter called out his order. He gathered his tray of incredibly unhealthy food and headed back for the table.

"I'm Jared, by the way," He introduced himself as he set down his tray and moved his backpack to the back of his chair.

“Arlo,” She returned, closing her book and setting it aside.

“That’s unique,” He said, picking up his fork, he was starving.

“Yeah,” Arlo sighed, “My parents are kind of hippies. Have you heard of Arlo Guhtrie?” Jared shook his head, “He’s this guy that was really against the Vietnam war and he had this song called Alice’s Restaurant that talked about how to get out of the draft and-“ she stopped herself feeling slightly embarrased at her rambling, “Anyways, atleast they weren’t big Hendrix fans or something.” A blush was creeping over her face which made Jared grin. She changed topics, “Where are you headed?”

“Vancouver,” Jared answered, “What about you?”

“New York,” Arlo asnwered, wanting to ask what he was travelling for, but not wanting to be pushy.

“On vacation?”

“No, this was my vacation, I came to see some friends. What about you?”

“Visiting my family,” Jared answered “I work and live in Vancouver.”

“Oh, what do you do?” Arlo asked, glancing at the time on her phone, she had another twenty minutes before she could begin boarding her flight.

“I’m an actor,” He replied. Jared always felt self-conscious discussing his career with people who didn’t know who he was, the last thing he wanted to come across as was arrogant.

“Oh,” Arlo said, “Do you do theather?”

“Television,” He smiled, he didn’t want to talk about himself, “What do you do, Arlo?”

“I’m a store manager at Lush,” She said.

“What’s that?” Jared asked.

“It’s all natrual body care stuff,” Arlo answered, curious about Jared’s career, "What have you been in?" she asked, "I'm sorry," She was blushing again, "I don't think I've seen you in anything."

"That's really damaging to my ego," Jared smirked in a joking manner, making her laugh lightly, "I'm in a show called Supernatural." Jared explained the plot to her, skipping most of the details, giving her a good idea of what the show was like. He wasn't ashamed or embarrassed of the show, he just found that more times than not when people found out he had some level of fame, they treated him differently. He wanted to have a normal conversation and not feel like people were trying to flatter him.

"I'll have to google you when I get a chance," She smiled.

"Please don't," Jared chuckled, only half joking. The two of them chatted over the next fifteen minutes, skimming the surface of eachother's lives until it was finally time for Arlo to head off.

"I'd better get going," Arlo said, she'd enjoyed talking to Jared, she was debating silently if she should give him her number, "before I miss my flight too."

"It's been nice talking to you, Arlo," Jared said, wondering if she would think he was weird if he asked for her number. Arlo fished around in her purse for moment before pulling out a pen.

"Likewise," She smiled, "If you, um, ever want to talk again..."She trailed off as she wrote out her number on a napkin, "You could call me," She slid the napkin across the cheap table top, "Or text."

"Definitely," He grinned, "Have a safe flight."

"You too," Arlo returned, "Try not to run anyone else over."

"I'll keep my eyes on the road," Jared replied. She stood there a second longer, giving him a small wave before she turned around and began her walk to her gate. Jared watched her as she went until she was out of sight, he pulled his phone out and immediately saved her number.

On her walk to her gate, Arlo was going over the conversation she'd had with Jared, remembering nearly all of her awkward pauses and mannerisms, she doubted she would hear from him. Once she'd settled in her seat and paid for WiFi access, she opened up google on her phone. Despite her doubt that she'd ever hear from him again, she typed: Jared Supernatural into the search bar and in less a second she had over thirteen million results about him. She was slightly embarrassed and felt like a bit of a stalker as she clicked on one of the links, which brought up a fan page. Arlo's eyes widened at the pictures on the page of Jared shirtless or working out, below the images were a few facts about him. He liked working out, football, he was best friends with is co-star on supernatural, he had a twitter. Arlo clicked the link and skimmed through his tweets, before pressing the follow button. She wanted to know more about him and hoped that he’d text her.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope ya'll like some jared padalecki. ;p