Have Faith in Me

2

Jared
________________________________________


I tried to start every morning with a workout. I usually began with running 2 to 5 miles, depending on how much time I had to myself then I worked on my arms, shoulders, or legs. My morning routine for the last month had an addition to it, Arlo. I'd type out a quick Good Morning somewhere between waking up and leaving the house. The time difference between Vancouver and New York was three hours, so while I was waking up and heading out around 6 she was already at work, prepping for her store to open. We'd talk throughout the day about what we were up to or send pictures back and forth.

I stood in front of the full-length mirror in my trailer, my phone out and ready to snap a picture of myself dressed as Sam. Jensen, who didn’t bother to knock anymore, pulled the door to my trailer open.

"Hey man," He said, shutting the door behind him. I dropped my phone down from its selfie position, "What're you doing?"

"Just getting ready," I replied. Neither Jensen or Katie knew about Arlo. There wasn't really...a thing to know about. We were just friends, but I still felt like they didn't need to know about her and I knew I'd probably catch some teasing from both of them.

"Will you put your phone down?" Jensen smirked, "You've been glued to that thing every time I've seen you lately. You're getting as bad as Misha and his tweeting," I laughed off his comment, "Anyways, I was thinking about getting Katie something, you wanna come with me when we're finished up?"

"Yeah, man," I said, my phone vibrating in my hand. I did my best to ignore the new message and focus on Jensen, "That sounds good."

"Thanks, She's got some maternity yoga thing she's doing now, so I can keep it a surprise," Jensen said, "I was thinking about getting her a puppy, 'cause she keeps saying she wants- who are you texting?"

"Just a friend," I replied, finishing up my text, "sorry about that."

"I don't want to get a dog before we have the baby, 'cause that's just too much work the first few months. She doesn't want to get a nanny or anything."

My phone vibrated again, "That's good though, she wants to do it all herself."

"Yeah, she's so excited," Jensen smiled proudly, "So, are you talking to a girl?"

I rolled my eyes slightly, "If you have to know, yes."

"Where'd you meet her?" Jensen asked, his eyes lighting up.

"JARED AND JENSEN TO THE SET PLEASE, JARED AND JENSEN TO THE SET."

"I'll see you out there," I spoke, thankful for the interruption.

"We'll talk about this later," He gave me a smirk before letting himself out of my trailer. I opened the last text I had from Arlo; it was a picture message. She was at work, her hair in a messy bun and a beautiful smile on her face.

i hope your day is going well, looking forward to you calling tonight.

I snapped a picture of myself in my mirror and typed up a quick message to her.

I'm looking forward to it too, only a few more hours of shooting.

Her reply was quick and made me smile.

you look good in flannel.

Arlo
________________________________________


I was tired; I had left my apartment at seven that morning and I walked in the door at nearly nine that night. When I opened the door to the apartment, I could see Austin sprawled on the couch, the baseball game playing loudly on the television.

“Hey,” Austin said, popping his head over the back of the couch, “How was work?”

“It was fine,” I replied, hanging my purse on the coat rack. My living situation wasn’t ideal, Austin and I had broken up three months prior, but we had nearly a year left on our lease and neither of us could afford the apartment on our own. For the most part, we stayed out of one another’s way, sometimes we would eat dinner together, but that was as far as our relationship as roommates went.

“There’s some pizza in there, if you’re hungry,” He called as I went in the fridge for some water.

“I got something on my way home,” I replied, “Thanks, though.”

“Mhm,” He mumbled, going back to the game. I headed into my bedroom, happy to be in my little space. I hadn’t heard from Jared in an hour or so, I knew he was busy with his brother-in-law and I didn’t want to bother him. Feeling like an old lady, I started getting ready for bed. I took a quick shower and braided my long, dark hair once I was out, then I washed, toned, and moisturized my face before making my way back into my bedroom. I grabbed my book from my nightstand, ready to relax a bit before bed, and plugged my phone in to charge. I saw that I had a message waiting.

I’m still with my sister and Jensen, give me a call before you go to bed?

I don’t want to bother you, enjoy your family. :) I typed out. I pulled back the blankets and got comfy in my bed.

I want to say goodnight to you. Call?

I smiled to myself, feeling a bit giddy as I started to get butterflies. Jared was nice to talk to and sure, we’d flirted a bit, but he was on the other side of the continent, famous, and I was living with my ex. I stifled my nervousness and mustered up the courage to press the call button.

“Hey,” Jared answered on the second ring, he sounded happy.

“Hi,” I smiled thumbing through my book nervously. So much for keeping my cool.

“How was your day?” He asked.

“Busy, but good,” I replied, “I’m actually in bed already, I’m so beat. How about you?”

“It was good, got a lot done. I don’t have to be back on set til tomorrow night.”

“Gonna sleep in?” I asked.

“Maybe a little,” Jared answered, “Do-“

“Jared! You’re missing it!” I heard Jensen in the background, “C’mon man!”

“I won’t keep you,” I said, feeling like I was imposing, “I know you’re busy.”

“I can still talk, Arlo,” He said.

“It’s okay, Jared, we have all day tomorrow,” I couldn’t help but think how cute he sounded, “Plus, I’m really tired, I don’t think I’d make it very long.”

“Well, then, since it’s past your bedtime, I’ll let you get to bed,” He joked, “Sweet dreams, Arlo.”

“Goodnight, Jared. Sleep well when you turn in, I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” I smiled again, to myself as he lingered on the phone, neither of us hanging up.

“Yeah, definitely,” He returned, pausing again, “I like this.”

“What do you like?” I asked gently.

“This, you,” He stammered a bit, “T-talking.”

“JARED! Your team is losing and you’re not even in the room for me to-“Jensen stopped, “Who ya talking to?”

“I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” Jared said with a small chuckle, “G’night.”

“Goodnight,” I said with a small laugh of my own. I flipped off the light and set my book aside, choosing instead to roll over on my side and drift off to sleep.