‹ Prequel: My Fallen Angel
Sequel: In the End

Die for You

Chapter 2

I began skating again. I had a lot of training to do because, I was going to be entering Tampa Pro. Tampa Pro is a big contest, any skater can enter and compete. It's been my first contest in about three years. Three years ago, I lost to Rob, but I didn't really care who won between us. We did it just as friends. I wore my favorite Young & Reckless 'Young & Reckless Is A Cult' tank top, black jeans and my Adio 'Dark Light' shoes. I wore an Element beanie as I began to go for a boardslide. As I went to land the trick, I fell off my board and I bruised my wrist. I groaned and got back up and kicked up my board. Come on, Lacey. You have to do better than this. It's because you were pregnant with Blayde is why you haven't been skating. I sighed and I cruised on my board again. It was just me and Andy, Bam had agreed to watch Blayde while I went skating. It was pissing me off that I was landing awkwardly.

What's the matter with me? I thought. Am I becoming a lousy skateboarder? I kicked up my board and stood there, disappointed in myself. I then felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around me. I knew it was Andy, so I just leaned against him and placed my hands over his, they were laying across my waist.

"Faith," He murmured, as he kissed my bare exposed shoulder. "What's the matter?"

"I feel like a lousy skater," I replied. "I can't even land a single trick right."

Andy then turned me around so that our eyes met, his icy blue eyes were full of love and sympathy. I loved his eyes, they always seemed like just two ice blue sapphires staring back at me. He took my face in his hands and he stroked my jaw line.

"Don't say that, Faith." He said. "You're an amazing skater."

I really doubted that. I felt useless and hopeless, it's all because of me being away from skating and not practicing. I took a deep breath and felt tears sparkle in my eyes.

"I feel like a failure, Light. It's all because I haven't been practicing." I sobbed softly and Andy pulled me to him, letting me cry on him. He ran his fingers through my hair.

"Shhh. My beautiful Faith. It's okay. It's all gonna be okay. You're not a failure. You're better than that and you're stronger than that." He soothed me, rubbing my back softly and he kissed my temple. "I love you so much because of how amazing you are at skateboarding, Lacey."

I nodded and I breathed in his warm scent of cigarettes and I could smell the faint scent of the milky breath coming from Blayde being with him and I realized that he was right. Andy loves me because of how amazing my skills were as a skater and how strong I've become. That alone, made the tears stop. I had to not give in. Not now, at least. I wasn't gonna give in because of a few tweaked tricks.

"Yeah, you're right." I said. "I'm not gonna give in yet."

Andy smiled slightly and he kissed my forehead and he squeezed me tighter to him.

"That's my girl," He whispered. "Never give in."

"Never back down," I replied and Andy laughed softly. Because I quoted his song 'Never Give In'. He lifted my chin and he kissed me gently and that was enough to not only comfort me but give me some Faith. Which is why he calls me Faith. I broke the kiss and I began skating again. This time, I landed the trick perfectly. Andy smiled brightly and I gained my confidence back. I knew I could skate better because I had the one thing that made it all seem okay, the love of my husband. His undying love. I smiled back at him and continued skating. I landed a backsmith, a laser flip and I did a tailslide and I did a 360 triple flip.

I guess I was overreacting. I could skate just fine, it might just be stress because of me losing to Rob three years ago. I sat down on a bench and Andy joined me. He sat with me, he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to him and he kissed my forehead.

"See? I knew you had it in you," He murmured. "It's because I know you better than you do."

I smiled at him and I kissed his cheek softly.

"Light?" I said, in a small voice.

"Yes, Faith?"

"Thank you for never letting me go," I told him. Andy looked at me strangely and then he got my point. He pecked my lips and he kissed my cheek.

"Of course. I'll never let you go, Faith. That's because I love you." He said.