‹ Prequel: Die for You
Sequel: Unbroken

In the End

Chapter 12

I was behind the vanity, getting my hair and make up done for another shoot that both Andy and I are doing for a charity for a girl named Sophie Lancaster. She was a Gothic girl, dressing kinda like I do, when her and her boyfriend got beaten up and she got murdered by a gang. They were also bullied as well, if I could recall. My hair was straightened and I got it put into a ponytail as I went to get dressed and get my make up on. I wore a Black Veil Brides shirt that has the lyrics to the song 'Unbroken' on it: 'If we stand together, we will be unbroken'. The song was used on the soundtrack for The Avengers, the first movie. I had black eyeshadow over my eyes and I had red lipstick that stained my lips and I went to get my photo taken, I did a few shots and then I did my final shot, which was of me holding a photo of me that I had signed and it was gonna go up on Ebay to purchase and the money would go to the foundation. The foundation was to raise awareness about prejudice against cultures, like Goths and so on. Andy also had done the same thing as well, he had a signed photo of himself that he was gonna auction off for the foundation. After my shoot was over, Andy had to get his done too, he dressed up in a cut up Ramones shirt, and his trademark skinny jeans. I just watched as he had a smile on his face while the shots were being taken. Andy and I had our interviews about the charity and why we decided to donate to them and then Andy greeted me with a kiss.

"I just love how beautiful you look when you wear my band's merch," Andy murmured. I giggled softly and I kissed his cheek.

"Well, aren't you sweet?" I whispered, kissing him again before I changed into my clothes and I got my makeup off and my hair was pulled out of the ponytail that it was in. I just sighed as we both headed out together. When I looked at Andy again, I noticed something wasn't quite right. I couldn't really pin point it, but I just knew that there was something. I ignored it until we went back home. Andy took off his leather jacket and when he did, I looked into the mirror and I saw exactly what wasn't right- he had taken out his lip ring. That's what threw me off. I was so used to the cold feeling of his lip ring when he kissed me, that it was just normal. And the way his lip ring felt across my skin, I surpassed a shiver just thinking about it. Andy then turned and he walked behind me and he slipped his arms around me. I relaxed and leaned against him, letting him hold me and letting his warmth comfort me. Andy's lips brushed my neck and it felt... Different. It didn't have the warm and coolness that I would feel cause of his lip ring not being there.

"Faith?" Andy whispered, his warm eyes meeting mine as I turned my neck to him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Light." I said. "You took out your lip ring, didn't you?"

Andy nodded and I sighed softly. As much as I loved the feeling of him when he kissed me without it, it just felt different. It wasn't the same without it in.

"You don't like it?" Andy said. I shook my head instantly. I did like it, but it was just different.

"No, I do, Light. It's just, I'm so used to when you kiss me with it that it became normal." I explained. "It's just gonna take some getting used to without it. That's all."

"Why didn't you say anything earlier?" Andy asked. I gulped a little and I looked at him again before he just turned me around so that our eyes could meet again and that I was face to face with him.

"Because, I didn't wanna make you mad or something." I confessed. Andy gave me a weird look before he took my hand and he moved toward the couch and he pulled me into his lap. His hand came up to my face and he stroked my face gently.

"I can never be mad at you, baby." Andy murmured, kissing my temple. "You know that."

I nodded and I smiled a little as he kissed my temple softly.

"I love you, Faith." Andy leaned his head against mine, his eyes closing against me. "Nothing will ever change how much I love you. Ever."

"I love you too, Light." I murmured, my fingers running through the top of his hair. I kissed him again, again it felt different, but I adjusted to the feeling of not feeling the cold metal and contrast of his lip ring when we did kiss and how comforting that sensation was. My heart melted as well at Andy's words. He was so sweet that I couldn't handle it sometimes and this was one of those times. We pulled apart again and my smile grew bigger and his lips brushed my forehead. It was gonna take some getting used to, but I was willing to do it because it's one of Andy's new changes. After all of that, Andy decided to bring me to the studio with him, he and the boys were almost finished with pre-production on their new record and I was very excited to hear their new music. As for me, my band and I were finished with Going To Hell, we then decided to push the release date of the album to the summer instead of the fall. Ashley, CC, Jake and Jinxx were all happy to see me and I was happy to see them too. The next day after that, I decided to go spend the day with Lindsay and Kat. It was also the day that I was getting another tattoo. The tattoo I was getting was a raven on my left forearm, holding a scroll in it's beak with Andy's signature in it and the words 'We loved with a love that was more than love' from an Edgar Allan Poe poem. It was all done in black and grey, minus Andy's signature, it was done in red ink, which made it pop. Kat wrapped up my forearm with gauze and a black bandage. Lindsay, Kat and I went out shopping after that and we went to lunch. Lindsay was a vegan, so most of the stuff she wore was vegan stuff. She actually bought me a black vegan dress to try it out and see if I'll like it or not. Might as well try, right? It was a gorgeous dress too, it had a corset and everything.

Later on that night, around 3am, when I felt around for Andy, he wasn't in bed with me. I paused and then I sat up in bed. I quietly snuck past Blayde's room and I went downstairs and I wondered where he could be. I decided to check the studio to see if he was in there, doing some late night song writing. As I headed in the direction of the studio, I then saw Andy, he was sitting at his desk, writing. I was right. A tired smirk came across my face as I just walked up slowly to him. I breathed a quiet sigh as I just wrapped my arms around Andy's waist and I buried my face into his back. Andy paused from writing and I could tell that he was smiling.

"Faith," Andy said. "What are you doing up?"

"I woke up cause you weren't in bed." I said.

"I'm sorry, love." Andy whispered. "I couldn't sleep cause I had a lot of ideas for songs. I didn't mean to leave you by yourself."

"It's allright, Light." I murmured, kissing his shoulder. "I would be doing the same thing too. Hell, I did when I started working on Going To Hell and I got some of my best songs out of it."

Andy smirked and then he finally turned around in his chair and he pulled me into his lap again, and he kissed my hair and he stroked my hair. I was right about that, I was up really late most nights when I wrote the main tracks for Going To Hell, minus the title track and 'Heaven Knows'. Andy helped me write those. My hand stroked the right side of his chest with the line from 'Heaven Knows' that he got tattooed, the line was 'Oh, lord, heaven knows, we belong way down below.' It was a cover up over the former tattoo that he had for Juliet that was removed, the lyric to 'Unhearted'. I traced the tattoo with my fingers and Andy brought my hand to his lips and he kissed it. I smiled and he kissed me gently for a moment.

"I love you," Andy murmured.

"I love you too, Light." I said, pecking his lips. "Let's go back to bed."

He nodded and then he lifted me up into his arms and I squealed softly and Andy laughed softly. Andy took me back upstairs to our room and he put me down in our bed and he lay beside me, he wrapped the blankets around us and he held me to his body. Just him and his warmth and embrace was enough for me to just close my eyes and sleep beside him.

The following morning, I was up earlier than Andy. I went outside with my notebook because a melody for a song came to me last night. I was in my Schoolcraft shirt and black shorts. I tapped my acrylic black nails against the notebook as I tried to think about the melody. I wanted to write a song about the Sophie foundation and raise awareness about it. Then it all came to me. I grabbed my pen and opened up a fresh page and began to write the song:

I'm walking with Sophie tonight
She lives in the air that I breathe
I can't get it out of my mind
How you were left to bleed
Was it how you dressed
Or how you act
I can't believe
How they could act so violently,
Without regret,
Well, we will not forget...

We are the others,
We are the cast-outs,
We're the outsiders
But you can't hide us
We are the others
We are the cast-outs
You're not out there on your own
If you feel mistreated
Torn and cheated
You are not alone
We are the others
(we are the others)

As I wrote the song and I sang it softly to myself, I began to realize that the song almost sounded like 'Unbroken', just the lyrics were different. It was an anti-bullying song and it was also a message about Sophie, the girl who died tragically as well. I kept writing.

As simple as air in your lungs,
As simple as words on your lips,
And no one should take that away,
No one should argue this
Now with our heads up high,
We'll carry on,
And carry out,
That we won't let them get us down
Or wear us out
'Cause we are not alone...

We are the others,
We are the cast-outs,
We're the outsiders
But you can't hide us
We are the others
We are the cast-outs
You're not out there on your own
If you feel mistreated
Torn and cheated
You are not alone
We are the others
(we are the others)

Normal is not the norm,
It's just a uniform...
(We are the others)
Forget about the norm
(We're the outsiders)
Take off your uniform,
(We are the others)
We are all beautiful,
(We are the others)

I then wrote the chorus again and I then decided to call it 'We Are The Others' and it would be a bonus track on Going To Hell and it would be released as a solo single and the proceeds go to the Sophie foundation. (A\N: Credit goes to Delain! ~Tigerstar) I began to close up the notebook.

"That was a beautiful song you were singing, love." Andy's voice made me jump and I looked up at him as he chuckled, standing in the doorway to the porch, I sat back down again and Andy came up and he sat beside me, his arm wrapped around me and I snuggled close to his chest. His fingers went through my hair gently.

"How long were you standing there, Light?" I asked, muffled by his chest. Andy smiled and he lifted my chin so that our eyes met, his icy blue eyes were warm and filled with love.

"Long enough to hear you sing. I woke up hearing that and I followed your voice." Andy murmured. "Tell me about that song."

"Well, it's like your song, 'Unbroken'." I said. "It's an anti-bullying song and it's also a song about the girl, Sophie, who died dressing the way we dress."

"It's a beautiful song and a great message too, Faith." Andy kissed my forehead. I smiled brightly and I kissed his jaw.

"Thanks, Light." I whispered, pecking his lips. I just played with Andy's fingers, letting him holding me to his body. His lips kissed my temple gently. I just cuddled up close to Andy and the sunlight felt nice against my back and my body. I then heard a meowing noise, and I sat up, thinking it was Crow or Phantom, but it was the little black kitten that was perched up on the balcony. I then remembered that I had been feeding it and it always comes by the house. I then went over and the kitten jumped down and rubbed it's head against my legs. The kitten then approached Andy and Andy began to pet it and he looked at me.

"What's with the kitten, babe?" Andy asked.

"I found it by itself. It had no collar, tags or chips. It's a stray." I said. "I've been feeding it for a while. It always comes by for food. I guess it was left abandoned."

Andy then lifted the small little kitten into his arms and it mewed softly, and began to purr. I smiled because it was cute, whenever I'd see Andy with Crow and Phantom, it always made me melt cause it was adorable. The kitten had blue eyes, just like Andy's.

"Well, I think we should keep him." Andy said.

"Really?" I replied., raising a brow. Andy chuckled and I saw the kitten latch onto Andy's finger just like Crow does.

"I'm sure Crow and Phantom won't mind having a new friend," Andy stroked the kitten's fur. "What should we name him?"

"Willow." I told him. "Like Jeff Hardy's alter ego, Willow The Wisp."

Willow meowed at the sound of his new name, making Andy and I laugh. Phantom did the same thing when I named him. Instantly I knew that Andy and Willow are gonna become inseparable. Now came the real test, Crow and Phantom came outside and they noticed Willow, I took a deep breath as Andy lifted Willow from his arms and he set Willow down on the floor. Crow and Phantom gave Willow a couple of sniffs before Willow reached up to touch noses with them and they let him. I breathed a sigh of relief. Crow and Phantom were okay with Willow being apart of our family. I then decided to bring them all in, Andy included, so that I could make breakfast and feed them. Willow jumped up onto the counter and he watched as I made french toast and Andy, Blayde and I, and I fed them too.

I had another shoot to do for Maxim Magazine today. Maxim wanted to do a full spread on me and my band, The Pretty Nightmare and our new album, Going To Hell. My shoot was rock and roll themed, my hair was straightened and went completely past my shoulders, feathers were put into it, I wore a corset top that was black leather and stopped above my waist, my scars were covered and tattoos were exposed. I wore black leather skinny jeans and high heeled boots and I was sitting on a Harley for the cover. My tattooed hand on the handlebars as I posed rather seductively and photos were taken. I then was changed into a set of dark red lingerie. I was in a Gothic themed room and there was a mirror. I was given a tube of black lipstick and I wrote the word 'Nightmare' on it, I drew a cross and I wrote 'Going To Hell' and 'Heaven Knows' on it. My final two outfits were a dark purple corset outfit and they had me take shots with a guitar. I also wore a cut up Black Veil Brides shirt and a pair of black shorts, (They looked like skimpy panties, they were so short). And my shoot wrapped up and I could finally go home and get ready for Rob's wrap up party for Fantasy Factory. I had cameo roles on Fantasy Factory, but I never was a full time part of the cast.

So, after Andy came home from the studio, I dressed in the black vegan dress that Lindsay gave me, I traded my half moon necklace for the necklace that I wore on The Voice, a silver pendant that had my nickname, 'Faith' on it. I wore silver cross earrings and I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I also wore the matching vegan black leather jacket that Lindsay had also bought for me. I put on some black eyeshadow and I added some silver sparkle to it and I wore dark red lipstick. As I was putting on the finishing touches on my make up, Andy came in. I saw him in the mirror and I smiled. Andy was in his black suit. He looked at my reflection in the mirror and he walked over and he kissed my temple softly.

"You look beautiful, love." Andy whispered. I smiled brightly in the mirror, I turned my body around and I just let my arms wrap around Andy's neck, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Thank you, Light." I pecked his lips before he just kissed me softly and gently. I felt myself relax in his embrace for a moment until I heard my phone go off. Andy groaned softly and he pulled away from me. I giggled before I went to get my phone. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and I noticed that I gotten a text message and the text that I got, it was from the last person that I wanted to hear from, and that person was Blaze.

Lacey. Look, I know you don't want to see me or hear from me again, but I just wanted to tell you... Honey, I've got cancer. It's stage four lung cancer. They gave me 6 months to live. All I want is for you to come by and see me just one last time. You don't have to, but I just wanted to let you know before it's too late. ~Blaze.

I was in a trance. I didn't know what to do. Blaze was dying and I didn't know if I was happy about it or not. I put my phone down and I sat down on the bed. That was a bombshell. I didn't know what to do or say to him. I just took a deep breath.

"Faith?" Andy's voice called and I ignored it; I then kept looking out of the window and I heard his footsteps and he had knelt down in front of me. "Faith? What's wrong?"

I didn't know what to say to Andy, so I stayed quiet and I kept looking away until Andy's hand lifted my chin so that I could look at him. His blue eyes filled with worry.

"Honey," Andy whispered. "Talk to me. What's going on?"

"It's-It's nothing, Light." I said, my voice shaking. Andy's hand caressed my face, his thumb resting on my jaw.

"Babe," Andy murmured. "Something isn't right. You look like you just seen a ghost. What's wrong?"

"I got a text," I muttered. "From Blaze."

Andy's eyes instantly narrowed and I saw that he was beginning to get pissed, I backed up and gave him his space as he stood up and paced back and forth. I sighed and I stood up, I took Andy's hand and I made him stop.

"What the fuck does Blaze want?" Andy said, anger sparking his voice. "Seriously? I swear to God, if he fucking gets to you.."

"Light! Stop!" I told him. "Blaze's dying. Okay? He's dying! He just wanted to tell me that."

"I don't believe that for shit. Blaze's probably using that so he can try to get to you again," Andy told me. "And I'm not gonna let that happen. Ever."

"Andy, please. He wouldn't have texted me if he wasn't sick like this." I ran my hand through my hair. "You and I both know that."

Andy breathed a deep sigh before he just pulled me close. His arms wrapped around me and I just slipped an arm around his neck, he leaned his head against mine for a moment, his icy blue eyes meeting mine, watching me and my movements.

"I'm sorry, Faith." Andy whispered. "I just don't trust Blaze at all and I just want to keep you safe in case he's making this shit up just to get to you. I just want to protect you."

"I know, Light." I murmured. "And I appreciate that. I wouldn't want anyone else to protect me more than you."

Andy leaned in and he kissed my lips tenderly, he pulled away and I just sighed softly. He kissed my hair and we both then headed out for Rob's party, and it was a lot of fun. I got to perform with my band and do songs off of both of my albums, Light Me Up and Going To Hell, and I also gave Rob the first official copy of Going To Hell. It was an amazing end to Fantasy Factory too. Even though the show was over, the building was very much alive and standing strong. I couldn't wait to see what Rob was getting himself into next.