‹ Prequel: Die for You
Sequel: Unbroken

In the End

Chapter 19

I woke up to the blinding sunlight of morning, I groaned a little and I snuggled up closer to Andy, who was laying beside me and he smiled in his sleep. I didn't want to get up this morning, but I had to, I then checked Twitter while Andy was still asleep, he had shifted onto his right side now, away from me. I smiled a little. I then got off of Twitter and I just decided, now that Andy was laying on his back again, to move and straddle his hips. I giggled softly as I tried to keep quiet, so I wouldn't wake him. I then moved his hair away from his face, his hair was now past his neck. The same loving smile came across Andy's lips and before I could see him wake up, he quickly flipped us over so that I was on my back and he was leaning over me. I was laughing at this point. Andy raised a brow and then he started tickling me. I couldn't contain my giggles anymore.

"Light! Stop!" I said, laughing. "I surrender!"

Andy chuckled and then he stopped, he then just moved my hair away from my eyes, and he kept his soft smile. So, that's what I get for trying to wake up Andy. Andy then gave me a soft yet sweet kiss. I wrapped my arms around him and he sat us up in the bed, the blanket wrapping around me. I kissed him deeper and I could feel his arms tighten around me, like a corset. We pulled apart and I could see the loving look that he had in his ice blue eyes.

"Good morning, my love." He said, kissing my forehead. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and I just lay my head on the skin of his shoulder.

"Morning, my Light." I murmured. Andy pecked my lips softly. As I just breathed Andy in and sighed softly, Andy smiling cause of my breath touching his skin, I still was thinking about Blaze. I started chewing on the bottom of my lip. Sure, Andy was here and he was keeping me safe, but I always know that Blaze is hiding somewhere in the shadows and it makes me nervous and it seemed like I can't trust anyone, except my Light, who was holding me close.

"What's the matter, my Faith?" Andy murmured, knocking me back to reality. I didn't know how to reply at that moment, I just started to bite my black nail polish.

"I'm just thinking." I told him, after a moment or so. Andy pulled me closer, so that my eyes were just inches from his. His hand moved to cup my cheek.

"About what, love?" He leaned his head on mine, and when he kissed the bridge of my nose, I gave in.

"Blaze." I said. Andy raised a brow and I then took that time to just wrap my arms around his neck and I just wanted to be wrapped up in his warmth.

"I'm just afraid that Blaze's got some more people out there that he paid to hurt us, or Rob, or Bam, or anyone else we know and love." I began. "I've always thought that them being around me is gonna put their lives in danger and have their blood on my hands."

Andy shifted so that he got a better look at me. He moved a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Faith. Don't say that." He said. "Nothing's gonna happen to them. Or us. Don't worry, baby. You know it won't happen."

I then sat up and I moved so that I was sitting on the edge of the bed. I could feel tears coming into my eyes and I blinked them away. I wrapped my arms around my knees and buried my face into them.

"I really wished that this didn't happen, so then you wouldn't have to bear the burden of protecting me." I said. "I put all of your lives at risk because of Blaze."

Andy took a deep breath and then I felt him wrap me in his arms again, and I looked up at him, surprised by his gesture. His lips kissed my forehead.

"Lacey. You're not gonna push me away now. Baby, I love you. You're my Faith. And I can't live without my Faith. I don't care about Blaze and what he might do, all I care about is loving you and guiding you. Keeping you safe, protecting you. He can beat every fucking breath out of me and as long as I knew you were safe, I wouldn't care. You're my heart. And I keep my heart close and I don't let anyone get near it." He whispered, kissing me softly for a moment. "There's nothing in this world that would ever change how I feel about you, love. You know that. So, quit thinking about it and just get through today. With me."

"Light.." Andy then cut me off with a soft and tender kiss, and when we pulled apart, he leaned his head on mine again.

"Shh, love." I got quiet at his words. "Nothing will ever change my love for you, Lacey. You know how much you mean to me. There's no need to be worried or scared. As long as I'm here, keeping you close, no one is gonna get you. Allright?"

I then nodded and he kissed the top of my head and I just kissed the zombified Batman tattoo on the left side of his neck. I then just listened to Andy's heartbeat as I lay my head on his chest again, his chin touching the top of my head. I breathed Andy in and he stroked my hair. I could feel myself wanting to just close my eyes and sleep again and that's what I did.

About a couple hours later, I woke up in an empty bed, I looked over at the clock, it was 10:30, I sighed and I decided to get up and get ready to head downstairs. And when I did, I smelt the scent of pancakes and I followed it to see Andy in the kitchen, trying to make pancakes, I smiled, because it was cute. Crow and Willow had their eyes wide as they watched him, while Phantom just shook his head. As if they knew how Andy's cooking was. I covered my giggles with my hand.

"Laughing at my failure?" Andy said. I stopped giggling and I walked up to him, I wrapped my arms around his waist, and I pressed my face into his back.

"No. I'm not. I really appreciate that you would do this for me." I told him, kissing his shoulder. Andy grinned and he put his hand over mine. I let go of him as soon as I did, he had finished cooking and he turned to face me, he then pulled me into him.

"You know I'd do anything for you, my love." He murmured. I smiled brightly and I slipped my arms around his neck again.

"I know, Light." He kissed my forehead and squeezed me tightly to him. As I leaned in to kiss him again, my phone went off, making me stop my affectionate gesture. Andy chuckled and he kissed me anyways.

"You better go get that, Faith." I nodded and I went to pick up my phone, it was a message from Lindsay. I opened it and saw that she had sent me a new copy of her song, 'Fading Star' with Dani ahead of time. I replied and I also replied to a few tweets from Rob and Bam and Travis before walking back into the kitchen with Andy.

"What was that all about?" Andy asked.

"Lindsay sent us her new song with Dani." I said, going to put my phone into the speaker and I played 'Fading Star' on a medium volume.

"So far from home
I've come to find you on my own
Just a flicker to your flame
So many burned by what they can't tame

And I'm tainted by the mist
And I've been raptured by your kiss
And I am more each time you sing with me.."

Andy listened as I went to get Blayde up for breakfast and he had crossed his arms and leaned against the counter as Lindsay's voice filled the room.

"My Dark Knight
My onyx soul shines in your eyes
Brightened by the limelight
Taken by the fires burning up my skies
In awe I go blind
Sing for me phoenix that breathes new life
Then the curtain falls and fades
I see the fading star that I can't save

Voices overhead
Roaring with the pulse inside my chest
A sea of eyes to give me flight
Don't fail me now we need to rise

And the poison past your lips
Show me the strengthening of your grip
That's wrapped in every word you speak to me

My Dark Knight
My onyx soul shines in your eyes
Brightened by the limelight
Taken by the fires burning up my skies
In awe I go blind
Sing for me phoenix that breathes new life
Then the curtain falls and fades
I see the fading star that I can't save

I'm rising, reviving
Your voice so hypnotizing
Echoes in my head
I tempted death but now instead
I'm coming

I'm coming back to great elation

I loathe what you've become
But I love you so undone
And I am taken by your majesty

My Dark Knight
My onyx soul shines in your eyes
Brightened by the limelight
Taken by the fires burning up my skies
In awe I go blind
Sing for me phoenix that breathes new life

This black hole
Calling you from the end of time
Once your soul
Seized by the echoes of a tortured cry
Draws me close
Fed from the ashes as the fires writhe
The final curtain falls and fades
I see the only star that I can't wish away…"

I picked up Blayde in my arms and we walked into the room and Andy smiled as he took Blayde from me and he kissed her forehead, making her giggle and I smiled. He was always good with her. I watched as he set her down. We all ate together and the pancakes weren't even that bad (I'm surprised). I finished cleaning up and putting all the stuff away. But yet, those thoughts from earlier kept me distracted, so distracted that I nearly pricked one of my fingers on the knife I was cleaning. Andy took it from me and he put it away and then he just took my hand when I had turned the faucet off and pulled me back to him.

"Don't let him get to you." Andy said, moving a piece of my hair away from my eyes and behind my ear. I avoided his eyes and I felt him intertwine our hands. He leaned his head on mine, his ice blue eyes watching every move I made, and every emotion I feel.

"I can't help it." I muttered. Andy sighed and he let go of my hands so that he could cup my face with them.

"Faith. Please. I've known you for so long. You're so much better than this." Andy murmured. "You are. You know he's not here. And he never will be."

"I hope so." I said. "I love you, Light."

"I love you too, honey." He kissed me, softly, sweetly and with comfort and he kissed my forehead again. I just lay my head on his chest and he held me closer. I still was worried, though and I bit down on my nails again and Andy's hand started rubbing my back, comforting me.

"I'm still worried that something'll happen." I said, as Andy's finger moved under my chin and lifted it up, so my eyes met the warm ice of his blue ones.

"Faith," Andy whispered. "Stop worrying so much, baby. I hate seeing you so vulnerable like this. Blaze has caused so much shit for both you and I and yet he failed at doing so. What makes you think he'll try now?"

"You're right." I said, taking a breath. I then turned to look out of the window and I felt Andy's lips kiss my collarbone and I closed my eyes, giving him the reaction he wanted. Andy's lips trailed to my neck and I felt his warm breath against my skin.

"There's not a damn thing in this world that Blaze can do that will stop me from keeping you and our daughter safe," Andy said, his breath touching my neck. 'You and I both know that."

I nodded and I just leaned back in his arms and watched as Blayde was playing and Andy kissed my head. I then took that chance to just turn in his arms, so that my eyes met his warm ice blue eyes.

"Light," I murmured.

"Yes, love?" Andy's hand stroked my jawline, and he leaned his head on mine.

"Thank you. For always being my rock and for hanging on to the reins when I can't do it anymore." I whispered. Andy nodded and he just kissed me, softly and gently.

"Of course. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, my love." Andy told me, his fingers stroking my jawline. "You know that. You're my everything."

"I know," I kissed him on the cheek and he grinned. "And you're the only thing that I keep fighting for."

"I love you, my Faith. I love you so so much." Andy said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I let him hold me to him tightly.

"I love you too, my Moonlight." I told him and he pecked my lips.

"And I'll never let you slip through my fingers, baby. Ever." Andy's voice was soft and soothing as his lips met my temple.

"Good, cause I don't want you to." I replied, intertwining our hands. "I want you to hold me, love me and never let me go."

"Always, honey. Always." Andy kissed my forehead and squeezed me tightly to his body. I smiled and kissed him again.

"Mommy! I want you to read Poe to me!" I heard Blayde's voice and broke our kiss. Andy chuckled softly and kissed me again, and Blayde was grossed out. Pulling away, I nodded and took the book from her and Andy followed me as Blayde had settled on her spot on the couch. Andy watched as Crow and Phantom lay beside us and Willow perched on his shoulder. I then opened the book up and I began to read 'The Raven' to Blayde, which is her favorite poem and it was also the same poem my mom read me when I was a kid. Blayde lay her head on my shoulder and I gathered her closer as I read each line. Willow had moved into Andy's lap now and he was sucking on Andy's finger. After I read the poem, my phone started buzzing and I picked it up off the couch. Rob was calling. I then swiped my finger across and answered it.

"Hey, Rob." I said. Andy's head snapped up as he listened.

"Lacey. You need to get down here," Rob told me.

"Why?" I asked, sitting up and Blayde moved from my lap. "What happened?"

"The Fantasy Factory got broken into last night." Rob explained, taking a deep breath. "So, please, I need you here."

"Allright, Rob. We'll be there." I then hung up and Andy moved closer to me and kissed my head.

"What was that all about, baby?" Andy asked, nuzzling into my neck.

"Rob called. We need to go the Fantasy Factory." I told him. Andy raised a brow and I just sighed. "Someone broke in and Rob needs us. So, let's go."

"Jesus Christ." Andy replied and I nodded. So, with that, I headed upstairs and I changed into an Arch Enemy 'War Eternal' shirt and a pair of jeans (It was still warm around here, even though it's almost October!) and my black boots. Andy, Blayde and I got inside my impala and we headed to the Fantasy Factory and what we saw was a nightmare. There was graffiti everywhere and the windows were broken. A couple of cop cars were parked out in front as well. Drama and Chanel were sitting on the ramp outside the front door.

"Holy shit." Andy muttered as we got out of the car and I carried Blayde in my arms. Andy and I hopped over the caution tape since Rob let us in, the cops were calling in the break in. After Rob finished the interview with the cops, he approached us and he almost looked broken, and his eyes were glossy, full of tears. Sure, Rob had his haters, but he never had something go this far. He looked scared, and I didn't blame him. Andy took Blayde from me and I just hugged my best friend tightly.

"I'm sorry, Rob." I murmured. He nodded and let go of me and Rob got a side hug from Andy. "What happened?"

"I went over the security footage from last night," Rob told me. "And I caught two guys all in black, just wrecking havoc. They wore these freaky clown masks and then they left around 5am this morning."

I gulped and I froze. Two thugs. The same two thugs that attacked me had been here. Oh, no. No. I went into a daze as Rob continued telling me and Andy the story of what had happened here.

Andy's hand made me jump a few minutes later. Andy's arm tightened around my waist and then he kissed my hair and moved his lips to my ear.

"I know what you're thinking." Andy whispered.

"Rob," I said. "I know who did this."

"Who did it, Lace?"

"Blaze did." I explained. "Blaze hired two people to come after me and Andy because I refused to forgive him while he's on his deathbed. His two goons attacked me when I was at Warped Tour. Andy got to them before it went too far."

Rob looked from me to Andy and Andy nodded, reassuring him and he took a breath and sighed deeply, taking his hat off and running a hand through his hair before putting it back on.

"Why would he start attacking us?" Rob asked.

"Because, besides Andy, you, Bam, Kat, Travis are the ones who are the closest to me. That's why he's doing this," I told him. "He wants to take you guys out so that he can get to me."

"Which isn't gonna happen." Andy came up and he put an arm around me. "I've protected Lacey so many times and I sure as hell am not gonna let Blaze hurt you guys. You guys are the only thing that Lacey has left."

I turned and I kissed the feather tattoo on the right side of Andy's neck.

"I appreciate that, Andy." Rob said. "Wait. What did you mean, Blaze's on his deathbed?"

"He's got stage four lung cancer." I said. "This is why Blaze is doing this. It's his final wish."

Rob then nodded and I then let go of Andy and decided to give Kat a call because the next place that Blaze might be having his goons hit up is High Voltage, her tattoo shop and warn her. After I called her, I then sat down on the steps outside of Rob's office and I pulled my knees up to my chest and I started crying. It's happening. Blaze is going after my friends. I then felt arms pull me closer to an embrace. Andy. I looked up, tears spilling down my cheeks.

"I don't want to lose them," I sniffled.

"Shh, baby." Andy stroked my hair. "You're not gonna lose them."

"It's my fault that this is happening, Andy." I sobbed. "It's my fault that they have to bear the burden of me being their friend."

"Lacey." Andy's hands cupped my face. "Don't say that. Don't say that you're a burden to them. Love, they've been there for you as long as I can remember. Don't give up on them and push them away, they've always supported you and loved you and cared about you. Just as much as I do. They're the only thing you have left."

I nodded slowly and Andy wiped my tears away and he kissed my forehead. I lay my head on Andy, and he stroked my hair gently.

"It's gonna be okay, love. We'll get through this." Andy kissed the top of my head. "We always do."

"Let's hope so." I murmured. Andy kissed me softly and tenderly and when we pulled away, a smile came across his face, urging me to smile back at him. We then decided to help clean up the mess that the two thugs left behind, so that way, Rob didn't have to. There was so much glass everywhere and I nearly cut the right side of my wrist when I wasn't looking. Andy caught my wrist before I could see what was in front of it.

"Careful, love." Andy murmured, kissing my wrist. I nod and continue cleaning up, getting rid of that shard of glass as well. After we finished, the Factory didn't look bad nor good, but I know that Rob would have the windows replaced and have the place repainted, so that the graffiti isn't seen.

"Thanks for cleaning up the place, you two." Rob said, as he took a step out of his office.

"Of course, Rob. It's my fault you're involved in this mess now," I told him.

"Faith.." Andy said, I stopped him and silenced him with my hand on his chest and he looked at me and I shook my head. Andy sighed and nodded.

"Lacey, it's not your fault this happened." Rob told me. "it's Blaze's fault. Not yours. He still can't accept the fact that you have Andy and you love Andy. Don't say it's your fault. It's not. Really."

I glanced over at Andy and he kissed my temple softly.

"I still feel responsible though," I muttered.

"Lacey. Don't be. It's Blaze's." Rob explained. "And if anything does happen here again, I'll get a high tech security system installed. Did you call Kat?"

"I did," I replied. "She knows when to keep High Voltage on lockdown in case of Blaze's thugs."

"Good." Rob said. "Seriously, Lace. Don't worry about us. We'll be okay."

"Allright." I said as Andy rubbed my back with comfort. I picked Blayde up in my arms and Andy and I left and while I drove, I couldn't not think about what had happened and worry about what else might happen. Andy noticed how deep in thought I was and he took one of my hands in his and he kissed it, a reassurance that no matter what'll happen, he's always there and he'll never leave my side, which makes me smile.

"We'll get through this, Faith. We always do." Andy murmured.

"I know, Moonlight." I whispered. He grinned and leaned across the Impala's console to kiss me on the temple and I turned on to our street and when we got home, Andy was showing Blayde some stuff to draw and I was signing copies of Going To Hell to put up on the online store. As I signed the last few copies, Andy sat beside me on the couch and he wrapped an arm around me, and brought me closer to his side. I just took that time to wrap mine around his waist and lay my head on him, closing my eyes and breathing him in.

"So, for your birthday.." I looked up at him and then I realized that my birthday was indeed in a few days, I was turning 26.

"Light, you don't have to do anything special for me." I told him. A grin came across Andy's face and I raised a brow at him, making him chuckle.

"Love," Andy pulled me closer. "I want to. I insist."

I sighed and I gave in to him, I just lay my head on his chest. I then moved, so that my arms were wrapped around his neck and he smiled, kissing my forehead, my nose and then he kissed my lips softly. He then nuzzled into my neck.

"I know you're worried about Blaze," Andy said. "But, that's not gonna stop me from giving you the best birthday ever, Faith."

"You're so sweet, Light." I pecked his lips. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, baby." He kissed my temple. "Can I tell you something?"

"Course, Andy." I replied. Andy's fingers ran through my black hair and his hand moved down to my neck and chest where it stopped right above my heart.

"I just wanted to say that I'm just so grateful to have such a beautiful girl like you to call my soulmate." His voice was soft and silky. "Everyday, I find myself falling in love with you all over again, baby and I wouldn't change it for anything."

A tear fell from my eye as I melted at Andy's words and he questioned me with his blue eyes and I shook my head and kissed him. A smile came across his face when I pulled away from him.

"I love you so much, Light." I sniffled softly.

"And I love you," Andy squeezed me tighter and he kissed right over my heart and I smiled as I snuggled into him and we watched Sons of Anarchy together and I then decided to make dinner and we headed upstairs to bed a few hours later.