‹ Prequel: Die for You
Sequel: Unbroken

In the End

Chapter 4

"Cut! That's a wrap!" I heard Catherine's voice as I stood up from the scene, I was inside an alley where I had taken out one of the thugs as Lily Draven and she was looking for intel on how she died. The thug, named 'Randall' threw knives at me, which I caught one and threw it and it landed in his shoulder where I said the infamous words, 'Victims, aren't we all?'. Randall was portrayed by the guy who played Tig on Sons of Anarchy, his real name being Kim Coates, which I was a huge fan of. He's such a nice guy. I stood up and I looked into a mirror to make sure my warpaint, which was done in the traditional Crow style, wasn't smeared. It wasn't smeared, thank God. We have been filming for a couple weeks now. It's been a lot of fun and I loved it. My costume was different than most of the costumes used in The Crow. My costume was based off of Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises, minus the ears and mask. It went well with the warpaint and the leather trenchcoat that I take from Randall after I kill him. I was then sent into my dressing room to take a breather until the next scene, which was of me jumping across buildings and finding the thugs' clubhouse and interrogating one of their members. I had my long hair straight and past my shoulders. I sat in front of my vanity, I took a picture of myself with my warpaint on and I posted it onto instagram:

thelaceyblackburn: Another day on the set of The Crow: Ashes To Ashes. Who would've thought that I would look good in warpaint? I mean, there's only one person that looks amazing with warpaint and that's my Light @andybvb.

I smiled and I put my phone down and took a sip from my can of Arizona Half & Half Tea sitting beside me as my stylist re-did some finishing touches on my warpaint and hair before I was sent back on set to do another scene where I was interrogating their member, Lucian Blackwell. I took off my robe and I began to do my scene. I stood on top of a roof and I had a harness on me in case I made a mistake. James O'Barr and Catherine Hardwick who were behind the camera, gave me my cue.

"Action!" I then began the scene, where I jumped across buildings, the Crow flying beside me, until I arrived to the clubhouse. I crouched in front of it, the Crow perched on my shoulder. I narrowed my eyes and looked down both sides of the street before jumping down and I landed on my feet. I took a second before banging on the door and then I kicked it in with my boot.

"Suddenly, I heard a tapping, as if someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door." I said, in character. The guy backed up in fear. A smile came across my face.

"Cut! That's a wrap for today! Good job, Lacey!" James said and I nodded before I went back inside to get my warpaint removed from my face and to change back into my clothes. I put my hair in a ponytail and I saw a response from Andy on my Instagram:

andybvb: Baby, you look better wearing warpaint than I do. You really do. It really brings out your eyes. I love that look on you. @thelaceyblackburn.

I smiled. In little over a month's time, we would be halfway through the movie, we finished the scene where Lily got attacked by the thugs and beaten to death and then she came back to life and the part that I hated was crawling out of a muddy and wet grave and walking through a rainy city. I had a really bad chill and I even did scenes sick. That shows how much of a trooper that I am. I loved doing this movie and I wasn't let a sickness get me down. My limbs were sore after today though, I had to do these scenes over and over until I got it right. Which didn't take very long. I bid everyone a good night and that I would see them in the morning. All I wanted was to head home to Andy and Blayde. I drove back home, listening to Andy's voice on the way. I then just got out of my Impala and I walked up the driveway. I took a deep breath of relief before I opened the door.

"Light! Blayde! I'm home!" I said, coming inside and closing the door behind me.

"Mommy!" I saw Blayde run downstairs and she just jumped into my arms and I laughed. I kissed her forehead as I set her down. I then heard a deep chuckle and I saw my Light. Andy stood there, wearing a cut up Game of Thrones shirt, his black skinny jeans and his combat boots. Blayde just ran back outside to play, giving me and Andy some time alone. I then just slipped my arms around his neck, as he slipped his arms around me. Andy leaned his head against mine before he just kissed my lips deeply. We pulled apart and Andy cupped my face.

"Welcome home, my love." Andy murmured. "How was filming?"

"Great," I said. "Just tiring and my limbs are so sore."

"My poor Faith," Andy kissed my temple. "They really must be overworking you, aren't they?"

"Yeah. They are." I sighed. "Not that I don't love it, It's just taking a toll on my body."

Andy then nodded and then he lifted me up into his arms and he carried me upstairs. I giggled as he brought me into our bedroom and he set me down on our bed. Andy then reached behind me and he pulled my hair out of my ponytail gently.

"Light," My voice came out in a soft murmur and Andy stroked my free hair with his fingers.

"You trust me, don't you?" Andy whispered.

"With my life and heart." I told him. "Why?"

"Because I wanna make you feel better," He told me. "So, let me try something."

I nodded and Andy moved away so that I couldn't see him anymore and then I felt him pulling me to him from behind, his arms wrapping around my body, my back pressing to his chest. I sighed softly as he reached for my Nitro Circus tanktop and he pulled it off. Even though he couldn't see it, I was eyeing him weirdly. I then felt Andy's lips kiss my neck down to my collarbone, making me moan softly in my throat.

"That's right, baby." Andy whispered, his breath against my skin. "Just relax. I'll take care of your sore body."

I began to close my eyes as Andy kissed my collarbone again before his fingers began to make circles along my skin, it seemed like Andy was massaging my skin and my body. He was humming softly as he kept moving his fingers, humming 'Lullaby For A Soldier'. I felt my muscles relax and get less tense. I then felt Andy's fingers move up to the back of my neck, he then made firm but soft circles again. My body then just relaxed under Andy's touch. And it didn't feel so sore anymore.

"Faith," I heard Andy's deep voice. "Open your eyes."

I then opened my eyes. I was on my back on our bed and Andy was leaning over me. I smiled at him and when I moved my hand to tangle in his black hair, my muscles didn't feel sore anymore.

"How do you feel, baby?" Andy told me, stroking my jawline with his fingers.

"I feel so much better." I leaned up to kiss him. "Thank you, Light."

"Of course, my love." Andy kissed my forehead gently.

"I hate coming home so tired and so sore," I said, sitting up. Andy stroked my hair again and he kissed my hair.

"I know, baby. But it's just a couple more months," Andy replied. "Then, it'll all be over."

It's true. The Crow: Ashes To Ashes is gonna be released in May of this year and it was February. So, I only had about three more months to film and then I would finally be done. The film was set to release on May 28th, 2014. Which reminded to me that I still had to get the poster out of my Impala. I then sat up in bed and I went into our closet, I changed into a Doctor Who 'Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey' shirt.

"Faith," Andy said. "Where are you going?"

"To go get the first official poster that I forgot was inside my Impala," I told him. "I'll be right back, Light."

Andy nodded and I then went downstairs, grabbed my car keys and headed outside. I opened the trunk and saw the poster, rolled up with a black rubberband over it. I grabbed it, closed my trunk and then headed back inside. Andy was waiting for me upstairs, I then headed back upstairs and I walked back into our bedroom. Andy, who was laying on our bed, sat up as I then removed the band around the poster. I haven't even seen it yet, so it was gonna be a surprise for the both of us. I unrolled it and on it was me in costume with my warpaint with the Crow perched on my shoulder and it said: 'The Crow: Ashes To Ashes coming May 28th, 2014.' on the bottom in red letters. Andy and I both smiled at it.

"The costume looks familiar," Andy said. "Almost like..."

"Catwoman from The Dark Knight Rises," I said. "I know. I guess that's what they were going for."

"Either way," Andy kissed me softly. "You look amazing, Faith. Especially in warpaint."

I chuckled and I just slipped my arms around his neck, and my hand tangled in his black hair.

"Thanks, Light." I kissed him on the cheek. "But I think you look better with warpaint than I do."

"Not true," Andy nuzzled into my neck and he kissed my neck. "You look better than I do."

"No, I don't." I began to giggle. "You do."

"So, how do we fix this?" Andy asked. I then flipped him onto his back and I straddled his hips. Andy chuckled and moved my hair from my face with his fingers.

"You tell me, Light." I murmured, leaning closer to him, so close that our lips nearly touch, but I didn't kiss him. I just teased him. Andy then just closed the gap between us and he kissed me again. His hands cupped my face as he did so, pulling me closer to his body. As we pulled apart, he leaned his head on mine and then he closed his eyes.

"Well, the way I see it," Andy whispered, opening his warm but icy blue eyes at me. "We both look amazing in warpaint."

I giggled softly and I kissed him again before laying my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me, holding me to him and I sighed softly in relief and with happiness.

"I can't wait to see it," Andy told me. "You as The Crow. It's gonna be fucking rad."

"I know," I said. "I can't wait for you to see it either. It's been amazing so far."

Andy's hand touched my face and he stroked my cheek with his thumb, I leaned my cheek into his hand more.

"I'm so proud of you, baby." Andy whispered. "I really am."

"I know, Light." I pecked his lips. "Thank you."

He smiled and stroked my hair as I lay my head back on his chest. He then just kissed my temple as he held me closer to his body.

"I love you, Light." I murmured. I then felt Andy's lips kiss my forehead, our hands were intertwined together.

"I love you too, Faith." Andy whispered.

I just closed my eyes and breathed in Andy's scent for a little while. Andy kissed the top of my head and he kept stroking my hair.

"Faith?" Andy said. I opened my eyes and then I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yeah, Light?" I said.

"There's something I gotta tell you." He explained. Uh-oh. This doesn't sound good at all. I thought.

"What?" I asked. He hesitated for a few moments, his eyes looking away before looking back at me. When he does that, I knew that it was something I didn't want to hear. I just pulled away, my arms laying back on the bed. I then figured it out. He was leaving. Again.

"Let me guess. You're leaving again." My voice turned from happy to sad. I looked away from him this time and Andy sighed. I just sat up in bed and just pulled my knees to my chest. I swore that in the silence between us, I could hear my heart breaking. I hate when this has to happen, when either one of us have to leave each other.

"Yeah. I'm leaving." Andy said, his voice was full of sadness as well. I could feel a tear come into my eye and it fell down my cheek. He then wiped it away with his fingers.

"For how long?" I asked, sniffling softly.

"It's not that long, my love." Andy told me. "It's a week or so. It's from February 22nd to March 2nd."

He was right, it wasn't gonna be long this time. When Andy does go away, it's usually a couple of months. I didn't know why I was crying, maybe it was just a feeling that I always get when he does leave.

"You're sure it's not that long?" I replied. Andy kissed my temple again.

"It's not that long, baby." He reassured me. "At least I get to spend Valentine's Day with you."

I smiled brightly and Andy kissed me softly, he cupped my face in his hands, before we broke away.

"Where are you going this time?" I said, stroking his black hair. He then just sighed softly and leaned more into my touch.

"Download Festival. It's in Australia," Andy explained. "Jericho told me that he and Fozzy performed there last year."

"Sounds like fun," I kept stroking his black hair. Andy kissed my nose and I giggled softly.

"I wish you could go, baby." He told me. "But I know you gotta finish filming."

I sighed and I just let Andy take me back into his arms and hold me to him. I really wish I could go, but he was right. I had a movie to do and I made a promise that I would get it done and I made a commitment to it.

"I'll miss you. As I always do when you're away and you're not here." I said. Andy kissed my forehead.

"I'll miss you too, my love." He murmured. "But, I'll be back soon. It won't be long."

I nodded, it wasn't long. Just about a couple of weeks or so or a week and a half, it wasn't gonna be long. I just had to focus on filming until that week was over.

"I love you." I whispered. Andy kissed my hair.

"I love you too, baby." He ran his fingers through my hair as I lay my head on his chest. He began to hum 'Lullaby For A Soldier' and I began to close my eyes and sleep in his warm embrace.