‹ Prequel: Die for You
Sequel: Unbroken

In the End

Chapter 7

I awoke to an empty bed early the next morning and I glanced at the clock. It was 2am and I was expecting to feel Andy next to me, holding me to him as he always does when we both fall asleep. I got up, puzzled and I went into the closet to change into a Jeff Hardy 'Abstraction' shirt and a pair of black shorts and I grabbed the blanket to wrap around myself and to keep me warm because it was kinda chilly this morning. As I walked out, I heard music coming out of our studio portion of the house. I began to slowly walk downstairs and I followed the music until I paused outside the door. Andy was sitting on the couch with his notebook out and one of our guitars. I watched him with intent as he tried to write some lyrics down because Black Veil Brides were starting production on their next album this summer. I could tell that he was getting upset with it. I breathed a quiet sigh because I understood how song writing could be a pain. Hell, I had Andy help me write most of the songs for Going To Hell, my album coming out later in the fall. I saw Andy throw the pen that he was using in frustration.

"Goddamnit." Andy muttered. Again, I understood his frustration enough. He was stressed and I couldn't blame him. I then just popped my head into the doorway with a smile on my face.

"Light," I said. Andy looked up and he just breathed a sigh before he extended his hand to me and I took his hand. He just pulled me to him and I wrapped my arms around him and I just nuzzled into his neck and I kissed his feather tattoo. Andy and I were way past the issue that he had about the scene that I did in the video for 'Heaven Knows' and everything was back to normal for us. Like nothing had changed for us.

"What's the matter, Light?" I asked. Andy sighed again and he ran a hand through his blonde hair before his icy blue eyes met mine.

"Fucking writer's block. I can't even get one line for a song right," He mumbled.

"I'm sorry, Light." I murmured, running my fingers through his blonde hair gently. He sighed and he leaned into my touch because he knows that my touch will comfort him.

"Fucking useless." He said, darkly. I looked at him and my hand touched his face. He wasn't useless to me, he's my Light. He guides me and protects me. He shouldn't be feeling this way at all.

"You are not," I whispered. "Andy. You're my Light. You guide me and you keep me out of the darkness and protect me from it and you do the same for so many others. You are not useless. Don't ever say that. Please."

Andy's hand covered mine before he took it from him and he kissed it softly before placing it back on him and he leaned into my touch again.

"I'm sorry, Faith." Andy murmured. "It's just, I'm really stressing out."

I nodded and I kept stroking his blonde hair with my fingers again and I hoped that my touch would help him.

"It's okay. I understand that it can get the better of you." I told him. "Hell, look at me. I am in the middle of filming and I have a new album coming out in the fall."

He nodded and he just held my body closer to his and he kissed my neck.

"You deal with this kind of shit so well, Faith." He said. I giggled softly and I just lay my head on his shoulder.

"That's because I have you, Light." I murmured. "You make it better for me."

He smiled and then he just kissed me softly, gently for a few moments before he leaned his head on mine and he closed his eyes for a moment, he was breathing me in like he always does.

"Come on," I told him. "Let's go back to bed. I'm sure you'll think of something soon, I know you will."

Andy nodded and he took my hand and I led him back upstairs to our bedroom and we got back into bed and I just wrapped my arms around Andy gently and he slipped his around me. I just then remembered that I only had today and tomorrow left to spend with him before he leaves for Download and Sidewave in Australia and New Zealand and a couple shows in Singapore. I just breathed in his scent as I nuzzled into his neck and Andy's fingers made soft circles on my back.

"I love you," I whispered. Andy kissed me again and hugged me to him.

"I love you too, Faith." He murmured, stroking my hair with his fingers.

I let out a soft sigh and I just began to close my eyes again as Andy kissed my forehead and began to hum 'Lullaby For A Soldier' to me and sleep got to me again. When I woke up again, sunlight peered in through the windows. I opened my eyes and I saw that Andy was laying beside me, his arms around my body and his fingers making circles on my spine. I looked up at him and he was already awake. He looked at me and a soft smile came across his face before his lips met my temple.

"Morning, my Faith." Andy murmured. I moved so that my arms wrapped around Andy's neck and I met his warm icy blue eyes.

"Morning, my Light." I whispered, pecking his lips. His arms wrapped around my waist again and he kept one of his hands in my hair. I just sighed as my head lay on his shoulder and I nuzzled into him again. His fingers began to run through my hair. Then, all of a sudden, Andy flipped me onto my back, making me laugh as he leaned over me. I stared into his icy blue eyes for a moment. His hand touched my face and he stroked my jawline with his fingertips. I then remembered that today was my last day with Andy before he leaves for Australia and Singapore. As much as I enjoyed this moment of just laying close to Andy, I still felt a little heartbroken. I know that it's only a week, but it always hurts when Andy and I are apart. Andy knew that as much as I did. A tear fell down my face and Andy's finger wiped it away before he looked at me again.

"Faith," His voice came out in a soft whisper. He sat up and he pulled me into his arms as I began to really cry. "Don't cry. Baby, please. Don't cry. Sh. It's okay. It's okay."

I sniffled cause I couldn't help it. I always got this way whenever Andy had to leave and he knows how much I hate being away from him. Andy's fingers rubbed my back gently.

"I can't help it," I sniffed. "It's because I hate being away from you."

"I know, baby." Andy kissed my hair. "But, I won't be gone long. I'll be back before you know it."

I moved closer to him and I breathed in his scent and I tried to just calm down. Andy was starting to quote Poe for me, which was another cue for me to calm down.

"Everything's gonna be okay, baby." Andy whispered, kissing my temple. "I promise you, it will."

He was right, it was only a week, right? I had nothing to be worried about. I just sighed softly and I just finally calmed down in his arms. He stroked my hair again with his fingers gently.

"I love you," I said, looking into his icy blue eyes. "I love you, Light."

Andy kissed me softly but sweetly and he kissed my hair as well, before just holding me to his body and I just lay my head on his chest again, my finger tracing the dragon tattooed there.

"I love you too, my Faith." He murmured, his tattooed hand taking mine and he kissed the back of my hand and his other hand made circles on my back. I then decided to get up, but Andy pulled me back into bed with him and I giggled.

"Where are you going?" Andy whispered. I chuckled and I kissed his cheek.

"I was gonna go get Blayde up and get breakfast started." I said. Andy shook his head and he just took me back into his arms again. I looked at him and he had a side smile on his face.

"No. Stay here with me." Andy said.

"Light.." I sighed. Andy gave me almost a childish puppy dog look and I laughed softly.

"Faith. It's my last day here before I leave. All I want is to just hold you close to me, cause I won't be able to for a week and a half." Andy murmured. "Please? Stay."

Him saying that made my heart melt and I couldn't say no. So, I just gave in to him and I just stayed in bed with him for a while. I wrapped my arms around Andy's neck, as he did the same, his arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled softly and Andy kissed me again, just a simple peck on my lips. Andy then stroked my face with his hand, his thumb coming to rest on my lips for a moment.

"You're so beautiful," Andy said. "You know that, right?"

I nodded and my smile got bigger as his lips met mine in another soft kiss. We pulled apart and he leaned his head on mine.

"Stop being so sweet to me," I said, pouting a little. Andy's eyes opened and he shook his head.

"Never." Andy murmured. "It's not my fault that your beauty takes my breath away."

"Oh, Light." I whispered, gasping a little as I spoke and my heart melted again, making Andy smile. He kissed my forehead. He's my perfect boy. I wouldn't be where I am today without him balancing me and supporting me with everything that I do. I love Andy so much, it hurts when we have to be apart. He's my heart. And no one else can claim my heart as he did. This boy means the world to me, this boy, who reminds me so much of Jeff Hardy when he was younger, never afraid to take a risk and sacrifice it all and embrace being unique and different. And with the darkness of The Undertaker and the attitude of CM Punk, CM Punk's attitude is simple, love me or hate me, I'm still gonna be honest and I will never be afraid to speak my mind. That's all I see when I think of him. Andy kissed my nose and made me giggle. He's an amazing boy and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. Loving me for me. I gently ran my fingers through his blonde hair again, and my hand settled on the feather tattooed on his neck. I stroked the design with my fingertips before just snuggling up close to him and just closing my eyes for a little while. Andy's fingers made circles across my spine gently as I just rested against his body. I guess just laying next to him will be allright for a little while.

I woke up about an hour or so later and decided to finally get up and get dressed. I quietly got out of bed without waking up Andy and I went to shower and I changed into my new AJ Lee shirt that has a rib cage in the shape of a heart with a spiderweb and a spider on the side and on the back, it says the words: 'Love You Til Your Last Breath' on it and a pair of black shorts and my knee high black socks with skulls on them. I then heard footsteps coming downstairs as I started making some pumpkin spice french toast for Andy and I. As I put the last of the toast on my Doctor Who Tardis plate, I felt arms around me and a kiss on my neck. I smiled.

"Morning, Faith." Andy said. I chuckled.

"Morning again, Light." I replied and I then felt Andy let me go, and I then noticed in the reflection of the window that Andy was reading the back of my new shirt.

"Love you til your last breath?" Andy asked, raising a brow. I giggled.

"It's new," I told him. "Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful," Andy murmured, as he turned me around and he kissed my temple. "I love it, actually."

"I knew you would," I wrapped my arms around him and I just leaned in to kiss him as we headed out into the living room to eat, and I had went upstairs to wake Blayde up and so that we could all eat. Blayde was also wearing her AJ Lee shirt to sleep in, it was a little bigger than her size, so, it looked like a nightgown, which was cute. We ate together and then Andy and I snuggled on the couch while Blayde was drawing in her sketch book. Andy had his arms wrapped around me as we watched V For Vendetta and I had my head on his chest and I could feel Andy's fingers running through my hair as my eyes began to close and I relaxed against his body and Andy kissed my head. I opened my eyes and I just kissed Andy's lips. Blayde didn't mind that at all. Blayde was more mature than most kids her age, when kids her age would be happy and giddy and spazzy, Blayde was more mellow and calm. We pulled apart and I sighed softly.

"I'm gonna miss you. Even though it's only gonna be for a little while." I said. Andy leaned his head on mine and kissed my temple.

"I'll miss you too, Faith." Andy whispered. "But, I'll be back soon. It won't be long."

I smiled and I just breathed his scent in and focused on the screen for a while. Luckily, I had a day off from filming the movie, so I could at least enjoy the day with Andy before he leaves. It just seemed perfect until, all of a sudden, the ground started to shake. I didn't know what it was but Andy knew because of the look on his face and his face had a look of fear. He grabbed Blayde and he pulled her close to us as the shaking continued. I started to whimper and Blayde began to cry. The shaking stopped after a few minutes. I then breathed a sigh of relief as I comforted Blayde until she stopped crying. Luckily, the house wasn't damaged and there wasn't anything broken. I was still shaking though. I remembered experiencing something like this before, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I let Blayde go and she was hesitant about sitting on the carpet, and I couldn't blame her. Not one bit.

"What the hell was that?" I spoke in a soft but low tone. Andy was frozen for a moment before regaining a sense of reality. Andy's eyes met mine and he still looked scared. And it was weird. Nothing scared Andy, but this did. I've never seen the man that I love, get scared of something.

"I think it's over," Andy kept his voice soft.

"What was that, Light?" I asked. Andy took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down as well.

"That," Andy told me. "From the looks of it, was an earthquake."

An earthquake? I thought. I didn't think that California would get earthquakes around here! I guess I was wrong. Earthquakes were one of those things that I personally hated and I hated a lot of things. I whimpered again and Andy pulled me into his arms, holding me firmly to his body and when I was pulled close, I could even feel Andy shaking a little.

"I thought we don't get earthquakes in California," I spoke softly. Andy's shaking hand stroked my hair.

"We usually don't," Andy replied. "When we do, it's every now and then."

I nodded and then I just slipped my arms around Andy's neck, holding him to me as I tried to stop shaking, but with him shaking as well, it was hard to do.

"Usually, I'm the one who gets scared," I murmured. "Why are you scared, Light?"

Andy sighed as his hand cupped my face and his eyes, even though they had fear in them, began to soften a little. His thumb stroked my jawline.

"Because," Andy began. "This happened to me when I was on tour with the guys. We were going to Japan for Set The World On Fire and an earthquake happened when we were there. It was worse than this. But, luckily, we had gotten out of there."

Wow. I didn't know that. So, Andy has every right to be afraid of these things as much as me. I understood his fear of things like this. I get it.

"I'm sorry for not being the person to protect you in the moment," Andy said. "It's just, when it comes down to these things, I can't help it."

"Andy," I said. "It's okay. I understand your fear. I do."

His arms tightened around me and his shaking had finally stopped now. I just leaned in and I let him kiss me deeply and tenderly and luckily, there wasn't any aftershocks from the earthquake. We pulled apart.

"At least you're okay, my love." Andy whispered.

"As long as you're beside me, I'll be okay." I smiled more and he kissed my nose, making me giggle. We both relaxed against one another and Andy had kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry that this ruined our last night together before I leave," Andy moved a strand of my hair behind my ear. I just kissed his jaw.

"It's okay, Light. I know you'll make it up to me when you come back home," I whispered. "I love you, Light."

"I love you, Faith." Andy pecked my lips and we just lay together and continued watching movies with Blayde for the rest of the night.