‹ Prequel: Die for You
Sequel: Unbroken

In the End

Chapter 9

"Faith! Come on, get up!" I heard Andy's voice as I groaned and wanted to sleep before I then realized what today was, it was March 24th. I then shot up in bed because I remembered that I was gonna meet with Mark today. Mark Calaway, aka The Undertaker, wanted to meet with me about doing items for my Never Take It Off line, The Undertaker is an infamous WWE Superstar and is known for his 21-0 Wrestlemania streak, which he is undefeated. Andy and I were getting ready to go to the arena in LA, the Staples Center, for Raw. I completely forgotten about it. Andy and I met Mark a couple of weeks ago and I remembered how amazing Mark was, Mark's such an amazing guy and he's so down to earth and we had promised him that we would be there for the Raw before Wrestlemania and for Wrestlemania 30 as well. I quickly changed into my Undertaker shirt and Andy had dressed in his, his had a raven on it and it had all the names of Taker's 21 victims that he beat at Wrestlemania on the back. We then got ready and took off for the Staples Center in LA. Jericho had hooked us up with backstage passes and tickets. After we got lead inside, we walked through the back to find Mark's locker room. I then knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I heard Mark's dark and raspy voice before we walked inside his locker room. Mark was already changed into his gear and his jacket that had spikes on it. After Andy and I were given hugs by Mark, I saw Andy's hand slip inside the pocket of his leather jacket. I eyed him weirdly and so did Mark.

"I wanted to give this to you, Mark." Andy said, handing him the paper. "Inside are the lyrics that I wrote for 'Coffin'. I wrote 'Coffin' about you and it became one of Black Veil Brides' biggest hits."

Mark extended his hand and took it and he began to open it and he read Andy's lyrics in his handwriting. After he read them, Mark chuckled softly.

"Yeah, that sounds like The Deadman, allright." Mark told Andy. "Thank you, Andy."

Andy nodded and then gave Mark another hug before Andy started explaining the story behind the video for Coffin and he told Mark how they had him lay in the casket just like Mark had put him there and it also made Mark chuckle again before Mark was given the cue to come out to start Raw and Andy and I watched from backstage and we saw Mark come out as Taker once again and we listened to him speak and we noticed the crowd get silent. When The Undertaker speaks, everybody listens. Including me and Andy. We were quiet as well. Andy had wrapped his arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. We kept watching until Lesnar's music started to play and I began to cringe and get fake hiccups. Lesnar was a very dangerous man. He broke Triple H's arm and even Shawn Michaels' arm as well. He was extremely dangerous. I saw Taker and Lesnar go at it in the ring and then all of a sudden, Lesnar had Mark up on his shoulders and he hit him with an F-5. I screamed and then covered my scream with my hand. Andy went frozen, his jaw dropped and eyes wide with shock.

"Tell me I did not just see that," Andy muttered. "That's not real.. It can't be real."

I began to cry and tears fell down my face as I glanced at the screen and I saw Mark slowly try to get up on his feet as I sobbed.

"Light," I said. "Do you think this is the beginning of the end for Mark?"

Andy then pulled me into him and his arms wrapped around me as my head touched his chest.

"No. I believe in Mark," Andy said, his fingers running through my hair. "I know that somehow, someway, he'll have enough to beat him." I groaned softly.

"Let's hope so," I told him. "He's pulled through 21 of these, after all."

Andy's soft lips kissed my temple and he held me closer to his body.

"Hey. Faith," Andy whispered. "Don't give up on him yet. I believe he'll have enough to get to 22."

"Let's hope so." I sighed and in that same moment, Andy and I saw Mark being brought backstage and he let me go so that we could follow the referees and check up on him. Mark was sitting in the wing and after we gave him a look of like, 'Are you okay?', he chuckled.

"I'm fine. I just got knocked around, but it didn't do much to The Deadman." Mark said and it made both of us smile and I got a bitter taste in my mouth. A little bit later, Mark and I sat in his locker room and we began talking about my Never Take It Off line. We had ideas for a pair of dogtags that say 'Ain't No Grave' and 'Can Hold My Soul' and there was a bracelet with a tombstone called 'Ain't No Grave' and another bracelet with a casket called 'Buried Alive' and necklace and bracelet with Paul Bearer's urn that opens like a locket that has the year he was born and the year he passed away called 'Father of Destruction'. As I was drawing the urn, I realized that I had to tell Mark about how worried and scared that I was about him losing at Wrestlemania.

"Mark," I said. "About Wrestlemania. About your match with Lesnar. I'm scared of you losing to him."

Mark sat back in the chair that he was sitting in beside me and he sighed.

"I'm not gonna lie to you, Lacey." Mark admitted. "I'm a bit scared myself. I know I'm not the youngster that I used to be." I then nodded as I began to fill in the shadow behind the urn for the Paul Bearer piece.

"But, I promise you. I won't let you down."

I smiled softly. "Well, win or lose. You'll always be The Phenom to me and the rest of the fans that love you for who you are."

A smile comes across Mark's face.

"Well, thank you for all the support over the years," He said. I stood up and I hugged him and believe me, with Mark being as tall as he is, he was hard to hug.

I sat behind the vanity, getting my makeup and hair done for the photo shoot that Andy and I were gonna be featured in for the special edition magazine for WWE all about Mark. I wore an Undertaker 'No Grave Can Hold My Soul' shirt, I wore black leather skinny jeans and a pair of heeled black leather boots. The 'Father of Destruction' necklace from Never Take It Off was around my throat. I had black eye shadow over my eyes and dark, almost blood red lips and nail polish. Andy, on the other hand, was dressed up just like The Undertaker, he wore the black top hat, the long black leather trenchcoat and he wore black leather gloves. Sadly, my worse fears about Mark losing against Brock Lesnar came true, he lost to Lesnar that night and his streak was broken. It was the most shocking and heartbreaking moment of my life. Andy was the same way. His mind tells him that it's over, but his heart refuses to believe it. Andy went first, his first pose was the infamous Undertaker pose where he goes to take his top hat off, I lingered in the back, watching him. The next shot is of Andy doing the gesture that Taker does when he stands on the steps and he raises his hands so that the lights could turn on. Andy then did the same gesture that Taker did at the end of his match when he would win minus the eye rolling, he then sat in the same black leather chair that Mark sat in in one of his shoots and he had an intense look in his eyes and the final photo was of Andy with his back turned, the top hat off and he raised his fist up in the air, just like Taker. And then they wrapped up Andy's part and I smiled. Andy walked over to me and he had the top hat back on his head again.

"Wow," I whispered, giggling. "You really look like Taker, Light."

Andy chuckled and he kissed my lips softly and we pulled apart moments later.

"I'm surprised I can pull this whole thing off," Andy said. "I'm not Mark, you know."

"I know, but you can damn sure pull off being Taker's twin if you wanted too." I chuckled, pulling the top hat over his eyes and Andy laughed and he refixed the hat and I went to do my portion of the shoot. And when my part was wrapped up, Andy and I did a photo together, Andy, still dressed as Taker, had his arm around me and his hand tipped the top hat, just like Taker did as a sign of respect for Shawn Michaels. And it was the best tribute shoot that both Andy and I did for Mark. He would love it.

(Interview with Andy & Lacey with WWE Magazine and done by JR aka Jim Ross, one of the most infamous commentators in WWE)

JR: Here we are with Season 3 Winner of The Voice and singer of The Pretty Nightmare, Lacey Blackburn-Biersack and Black Veil Brides frontman Andy Biersack. A pleasure talking to you guys.

Andy: It's great to speak with you too, JR.

Lacey: I was gonna say the same thing but Andy beat me to it. *Laughs*

JR: So this special edition of WWE Magazine is all about The Undertaker, tell me, how did you first hear about or saw The Undertaker?

Lacey: I first saw Taker when I was little, the moment was when Paul Bearer came out with Kane for the very first time.

Andy: I first lay my eyes on Taker when I was a kid, the first time was when he first debuted with Paul Bearer.

JR: The Undertaker's had a lot of great moments in WWE history, do you have a favorite moment of his career?

Andy: I had a lot of moments that I love about Taker. My personal favorite is the feuds he had with Kane and Triple H.

Lacey: I, too, had a lot of different moments that I loved about The Undertaker, my favorite was when he won the Royal Rumble.

JR: Has The Undertaker inspired you? If so, how did he?

Andy: Taker is a huge influence on me, he's the reason I dress the way I dress. He's also a big influence on Black Veil Brides too; I wrote the song 'Coffin' about him and it became one of our biggest hits.

Lacey: Taker also is the reason why I dress the way I dress as well as Andy does. He inspires me to never stop fighting for what I want in life and to stand up for what I believe in and he taught me to be brave as well as Andy could say the same thing. *Andy nods and lights a cigarette*

JR: One last question for you two: How did you feel when Brock Lesnar broke the streak?

Andy: *takes a hit from his cigarette and takes a deep breath* Seeing The Undertaker, the person that I looked up to since I was a kid and the person that I thought was immortal, lose to someone as arrogant as Brock Lesnar, who's only a part timer, was heartbreaking for both Lacey and I. In my mind, I wanna believe that it's over but my heart says otherwise. It was like taking a piece of my childhood and watching it die away. It was hard to swallow. I couldn't believe it. It's surreal.

Lacey: I always thought the same thing, but when I saw him lose that night and I saw the number 21-1, my heart shattered into a million pieces. And today, I'm haunted by the number 21 and 22 and it bothers me as does the word 'streak'. And we're both angry about Lesnar winning this match.

JR: What number do you think The Streak should've ended at?

Andy: I feel as if Taker should've stopped the streak at 20-0 instead of pushing himself forward. And when he did push forward, Lacey and I thought it would be a solid 25-0 and he would just finally walk away with the streak intact.

JR: Well, it's been a pleasure talking to you both.

Lacey: Thank you, JR. It's been a pleasure speaking to you too.

Andy: Great speaking with you too.

The following day after our interview and photo shoot, the items that Mark and I designed with Never Take It Off were released and Mark and I signed cards to give to the fans who bought them and for a very special few, they would receive a signed photo of Mark as Taker. And with the items, the tags on the end had both my full moon tag and Taker's symbol tag and they were selling like mad and it was great to see that the wrestling fans were digging the new items. And that made me. Andy and Mark happy. And it was nice to do an item in memory of Paul Bearer too. (May he Rest In Peace). And Mark and I did a few pics together, showing off the designs that we wore for Never Take It Off. Mark and I sat together and Andy had taken a photo of Mark's hand and mine, out with the 'Ain't No Grave' and 'Buried Alive' bracelets on.

andybvb: Don't forget to check out and take a look at the limited edition items designed by my love @thelaceyblackburn and Mark Calaway (The Undertaker)! They last until the end of the month! And for a very lucky few, Mark has signed photos of him as Taker and there are also signed cards by both Lacey and him! And they will come in with the items you buy!

And I had a feeling that before the month is over, they'll be wanting to ask for more designs from Mark and I. I smiled at Mark and he smiled back at me.

"I'm very happy with how these turned out," Mark said. "They look amazing. Especially the Paul Bearer piece. Paul would love it."

"Good. And I know Paul would've loved that piece too. And I'm so happy to do this with you, Mark. I hope we can do this again." I told him, with a smile.

"Looking forward to it." Mark replied.

"It's been an honor, Mark. Thank you." I replied. Mark gave me and Andy a hug.

"You're welcome. Just let me know if you guys ever want me to do more designs with you." Mark told us. "You two are like the daughter and son I never had. Thank you for all of your support and love. I wouldn't be The Undertaker without such amazing fans and friends like you two."

"No problem, Mark and thank you. It means a lot to us that you see us this way." Andy said, as we both walked Mark out and we got hugged by him. It was amazing that Mark Calaway, The Undertaker, sees Andy and I like his daughter and son. It's amazing. Andy then kissed me after Mark had left.

"Come on, Faith. Let's get to bed." He said. I nodded, I was tired. I had to get back to the studio to see the final edit of the movie and Andy had to get to the recording studio to work on the next album with BVB. With Andy's arms around me and him humming 'Lullaby For A Soldier', I was out.