‹ Prequel: Wretched Apocalypse
Status: Angels, Demons and Ghosts OH MY!

Celestial Cataclysm

Chapter Four - I, Rescued You! (Andy)

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus (We exorcise you, every impure spirit) - Rituale Romanum

~~~*~~~

-Three days later-

Rising up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

I thrust my fist against the punching bag, my muscles tensing in my arms as my nostrils flared, teeth clenching. Lately I’d been bulking myself up, not to the point where I looked like a giant rock, but enough to look pretty fit and strong. Clearly I had to become stronger for this new threat, as much as it would change me physically, everyone has to change at some point. Eye Of The Tiger was playing in the background, cliché song yes, but it helped me work out the best. I swung my fists at the bag a few more times, sweat dripping off me before I stopped, chest heaving, heavy pants leaving my lips as I grabbed my water.

So many times it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

My combat boots thudded against the wooden floor as I walked over to the multi-gym, sitting myself down in the seat. I took a large sip of water before splashing some on my face, putting the bottle to the side. I pushed my arms up as I grabbed the handlebar above me, bringing it down to chest level as I held it for 30 seconds before pushing it back up, bringing it down again with a low grunt as the muscles tensed in my arm again. Exercise caused me to get fatigued a lot, yet I needed decent sleep anyways. After the strange ringing three days ago, it only happened once about a day ago. I hadn’t exactly researched what it was, but it definitely wasn’t in my imagination.

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger

I switched to the leg curl, dropping the weight down to thirty kilos before resting my feet under the cushioned supports. My hands gripped to the sides of the seat as I pushed up, letting out a loud groan as I pulled the weight up, feeling my legs tense.

“Come on!” I roared, bringing them back down.

I wiped the sweat from my brow as I moved the weights again, watching them move up with ease now. A smirk spread across my face as I started to do twenty leg curls before resting against the seat. My chest heaved up and down slowly as I closed my eyes, letting myself relax.

Sometimes I enjoyed the fact that I was alone here, in this little cabin. But I missed everyone, well, all those that were still alive. Hell, I don’t even know if my band mates are still alive...or Ashley, thank god if they are. I sighed as I stood up from the multi-gym and stretched.

“Gross, I need a shower,” I muttered, screwing up my nose with a chuckle.

The music had stopped so I grabbed my iPod dock, bringing it into the bathroom as I plugged it in. I yawned loudly as I flicked through the music before settling on some KISS, singing along to it as I stripped out of my clothes.

“And those will need washed,” I mused, throwing them in the laundry bin.

I hopped into the shower, turning the water on as it ran down my body, an exhilarating feeling taking over. Cold water was amazing after a good workout, the weather was fairly warm out in this forest area in the day, it only got a tiny bit cooler at night. Yet, at least I had a nice warm fire, and thick blankets to keep myself warm.

“I wanna rock and roll all night, and party every day!” I sang loudly, swishing my hair around.

*Crash*

My body froze as I stopped singing, poking my head out of the shower. I furrowed my eyebrows as I shook my head before going back to my shower. Maybe the wind had blown something over. I turned to water off as I shook my hair, stepping out as I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist. My gaze turned to the mirror as I looked over myself, my hair was down to my shoulders at the front and at the back it was about midway down, my arms and torso looked a little more toned and I smirked as I turned away.

*Growl*

“Alright alright, I’ll feed you stomach, give me a minute,” I chuckled, towel drying my hair slightly.

I walked out of the bathroom as I sauntered down the hallway, walking into the kitchen as I grabbed out some food before placing it on the kitchen counter. Just as I turned around I saw a man by the door, his green eyes fixated on me.

“Jesus Christ! What the fuck!” I yelled, stumbling on the tiles as I gripped onto the counter.

“Hello, Andrew,” his smooth velvety voice replied as he stepped forward.

My hand grabbed the small pistol beside me as I held it out in front of me.

“Don’t you dare come any closer! Who the hell are you!” I yelled, my eyes wide.

The mysterious stranger held his hands up as he took another step closer, my finger pushing against the trigger slightly.

“I am not going to hurt you,” he whispered.

“Just stop where you are. I said stop!” I roared as he kept moving closer.

He disobeyed my orders once again, my finger pressing fully on the trigger as I screwed my eyes shut.

*Bang!*

I breathed heavily as I opened my eyes slowly, looking over to expect a lifeless body, yet all I saw was a poker face and blood dripping out the wound in his chest.

“Well that was hardly polite,” he merely whispered, looking down at the wound.

“W-what the hell! Why didn’t that kill you!” I exclaimed.

“I’m an angel, of The Lord,” he replied simply, placing a hand on his chest.

A glow of light spread across his chest, his eyes closed as the wound slowly disappeared.

“An angel? You’ve got to be fucking kidding me,” I laughed.

“No Andy, we angels do not lie,” he hummed, his words coming out like a silver-tongue.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I looked over the ‘angel’ before me. He did seem far too attractive to be human. And the way he spoke was eloquent, yet mostly in a monotone. He was I’d say about my height, with shoulder length black hair, glistening green eyes that could make anyone melt, pale skin and narrow cheekbones.

‘Damn I could cut a limb on those’ I thought. His green orbs burned into mine as I averted my gaze, feeling a slight blush creep up my face. God dammit Andy you need to have some self control! Yet I haven’t had physical contact in far too long. Wait, no stop it Andy just stop it!

“I know, you must think this is crazy. But Andrew, if I must say...you have been dead for four years, yet you have now been giving a new lease on life, thanks to my Father,” the angel replied.

“Oh please, the next thing you’ll be telling me is that your Father is God, hilarious,” Andy spat.

“Well, he is absolutely correct Andrew,” a low monotone spoke.

“Mother of god!” I yelled, nearly jumping out of my skin as I turned around to face another man.

He was slightly older looking than the other, yet he was handsome as hell, or heaven? I don’t know what to say. He had short brown curls, bright blue eyes, pale skin also and narrow cheek bones, just like the other but more defined. Dammit cheekbones were more attractive than I thought.

“Andrew, that’s hardly a way to greet a very important person,” he replied with a British twang, like the other.

Were they related?

“No we are not related,” he hummed in a baritone.

“How did yo-” I paused, looking back and forth between the two.

“We are angels Andrew, we have very unique qualities,” the first angel replied.

“So you really are angels?” I murmured.

The second angel glanced the the first, nodding slightly as the pair of them stared at me. I watched on as the pair of them stood with their arms by their sides, eyes fixated heavily on me. I let out a gasp as the first angel’s eyes started to glow green, the other angel’s glowing blue, almost like laser eyes. A clap of thunder and lightening erupted around the room and I backed away a little, my gaze fell on them both as my jaw dropped suddenly.

Wings extended from both their backs, sending a breeze through the room as they turned to look at each other, nodding again. The first angel’s wings were stunning, black with a green tinge, the second angel’s wings were a silvery white with a blue tinge, beautiful also. The wings disappeared as I looked from one to the other, my heart racing in my chest.

“Are you satisfied?” the older angel questioned.

“W-what are names?” I asked.

They looked at me tentatively, my brow creasing slightly.

“Names!” I yelled.

“My name, is Benedict, and this is my son, Castiel,” the second angel answered, gesturing a hand over to Castiel.

“Benedict and Castiel...hmm, unusual names for angels are they not?” I chuckled.

“Mines quite modern, Castiel’s, means the angel of Thursday, he’s my favourite son. I know quite well I should not pick favourites, however, Castiel as been the most trustworthy of the bunch,” Benedict hummed, circling me curiously.

“The bunch?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“I have over twenty brothers, and fifteen sisters. We were all given vessels as our true forms were not right for the human world,” Castiel replied. “We are taller than your Empire State Building, in true form. It is easier for us to move around in these vessels,” he continued.

“And how exactly did you find such nice looking ones?” I asked.

Castiel tilted his head as a throaty laugh left Benedict’s lips.

“My son is unaware of some human phrases, he has not spent much time with them as I have. I believe you were complimenting us of some sort, am I correct?” he questioned with a small smile.

My stomach churned, damn was his smile perfect.

“That’s exactly what I was doing,” I huffed.

“Well I believe thank you is in order. However I cannot answer that questioned, it was merely by chance,” Benedict answered, putting his hands behind his back.

I had so many questions I wanted answered, but I didn’t know where to start.

“So, how am I even alive? I’ve been dead for four years, surely I can’t just be alive again?” I snorted.

“I, rescued you! I held you tight and raised you from the pit!” Castiel yelled with a frown.

“Easy, my child,” Benedict soothed, glancing at Castiel. “Your soul was taken by Lucifer, I am sure you heard of him. It was trapped in Hell, and I had Castiel sent down there to retrieve it. Why? Because we are in desperate need of your help Andrew. I am sure I explained only a few things in the letter. However I should like to fully explain to you,” he added.

I looked from Benedict to Castiel, before sighing briefly. I had to at least listen, despite how crazy all of this was. How in the hell do angels exist? Then again, I did research about those strange markings. One was an angel banishing sigil, should I banish them? No, that seemed horrible. I straightened myself up as I held my towel against my waist as it had slipped a little.

“Alright, at least let me get into clothes first, then we can talk,” I replied.

“Of course,” Benedict replied with a slight bow as I walked past.

Castiel glared at me, his eyes burning into me again as I quickly walked down the hallway. I slammed the door shut, sinking to the floor as I buried my head in my hands.

“What the hell is going on? This is crazy things, for crazy people!” I hissed.

I sighed, leaning my head against the door, looking around my room. This is all too much, yet, maybe they can lead me Ashley, and the others. God I hope they’re alive. Please, please be alive dammit.

~~~*~~~

After all the story telling Benedict had shared with me, my mind was reeling. He told me about the strange deaths happening around a few of the states. Yet he confirmed that they were in fact killings caused by demons. I had listened carefully but it was too much to take in and I had to stop him for a moment while I processed everything. Castiel had remained quiet during it all, he seemed generally annoyed that I had no given him some sort of thanks. But what was I supposed to say?

Benedict had left about fifteen minutes after our discussion, saying he had other errands to attend to. So I was left alone in the cabin, well, not alone really, Castiel was asked to stay with me, much to my objection. To me it was like having one of our bodyguards look after us, but...slightly creepier. Alright, having the angel around was extremely creepy, he always had his eyes on me.

“Do you mind not staring at me?” I asked, with a creased brow.

I crossed one leg over the other as I sat back on the couch, flicking through a lore book about demons. Castiel remained quiet, averting his gaze from me and I saw the muscles in his neck tense. I swallowed the lump in my throat, my eyes suddenly stuck on his neck, I had this strange thing about people’s necks.

I shook the thought away as I looked back at the book before hearing Castiel shuffle around. My breathing slowed as I felt the couch dip, the heat rising up my neck. I’m not sure what it was about Castiel but he had this certain aura about him that made him so...

“Attractive, yes I am aware,” he spoke.

I flinched slightly as I glared at him, his green eyes staring back at me.

“Must you read my mind?” I snapped.

“My apologies Andrew,” he replied.

“Please, call me Andy,” I huffed.

“A thousand pardons, Andy,” Castiel hummed, his velvety voice making me shudder.

There was a great deal of silence before Castiel stood from the couch and walked over to the bookcase. He scanned his eyes along the books, pulling one out every now and then to have a look at it quickly. I guess being an angel gave you the ability to read at the speed of lightning.

“He is alive, Andy,” Castiel murmured.

“Excuse me?” I questioned, raising my head.

Castiel bowed his head before turning to look at me, a blank expression on his face.

“Your friend, Ashley, he’s alive,” he replied.

“How do you know? Also he wasn’t my friend, he was my best friend, and my husband,” I answered, putting the book down.

The angel walked over to me as he placed two fingers against my forehead, his eyes burning into me again.

“You will see,” he whispered.

Suddenly I was blinded with white light as I felt my body loosen, hitting the ground with a low thud. I grimaced as I opened my eyes, seeing the bright blue sky above me. From what I could see, we were in Boston, the place where I was killed. I sat up, gazing around as I saw the entire town looked rebuilt and thriving. My eyes turned to the left as I saw houses before me, one had a car out front, a 1967 Chevy Impala. Did Ashley buy himself that? Something in my chest told me this is where Ashley lived now.

“Andy,” a monotone voice spoke.

I turned my head as I saw Castiel standing by the gate, his black and green robe discarded as he stood there in only his odd cloth and leather clothing which were black and green also.

“Why are we here? How?” I questioned.

“I’m an angel Andy, I can use my angel powers to take myself and others to places faster than ever deemed possible,” he replied simply.

I nodded slightly as I walked over to him, the gate swinging open. As I stepped inside, I felt a grip on my arm as I turned back, looking into those green orbs again.

“I must warn you Andrew, things have changed. Ashley has changed, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. Your other friends are here with him, Jacob, Christian, Jeremy and Jack,” Castiel spoke.

“They prefer Jake, CC and Jinxx,” I mumbled.

“Apologies,” he whispered. “However, I should tell you, they can neither see nor hear us, I am only bringing you here so you can be put to rest that they are alive and well. I do believe they are all together again as Ashley’s neighbour was the first one to die from a demon. Therefore, I think they are fighting the same battle that we have asked you to help with. In time, we will find them, and I will have you reunited with them. But first I can only let you see them while we remain practically invisible,” he continued.

My heart started thudding in my chest as Castiel let go of my arm, resting his hand on the gate. What did he mean by changed? Then again, I’ve been gone for four years, why would Ashley not have changed? I sighed as I let go of the gate, making my way up the path, Castiel following closely behind as he kept watch for anything. My boots thudded against the wooden steps as I approached the door.

I went to knock but then remembered, we’re invisible to the others so it didn’t matter. Castiel quietly opened the door for me as we stepped inside, the door closing behind us with ease. Suddenly I heard laughter as I walked over to a room, which looked like the study. My eyes widened as I stared directly at Jinxx, Jack, Jake and CC. I felt my body shudder as tears welled up in my eyes.

“Andy,” Castiel soothed, his hand resting on my shoulder.

“I’m fine,” I wavered, wiping a few tears back.

I watched as my friends were sat around the desk, reading through books. They looked like lore books, just like the ones at the cabins. I sighed as I lent against the door frame, they all looked so different. Jake, CC, Jinxx had cut their hair, CC even had a little bit of blonde in his. Jack’s hair was longer, down to under his ear, it made me chuckle as he looked very different.

“I see what you meant by change,” I hummed, glancing at Castiel.

“They have only changed physically, it is Ashley who changed, a lot,” he replied, disappearing from beside me. “This way,” he whispered.

I turned away from the room as I followed Castiel down the hallway, coming into a kitchen which was strewn with plates and alcohol, clearly from last night.

“Typical,” I chuckled.

Castiel stood by a large sliding door as I walked over to him. He was gazing outside, his brow creased slightly and I raised an eyebrow.

“You will most likely not want to see this Andy, but you have to, it will save an awkward reunion,” he spoke softly.

I followed his gaze outside, my heart suddenly pounding.

“Ashley,” I whispered.

He had changed, the beard, the hair cut, the new hair colour, even his body. I rested my hand against the door, swallowing the lump in my throat. But he was alive, and happy. A tear fell down my cheek as I watched him watering some plants. Suddenly he turned around as someone else appeared, spraying him with another hose, his drenched clothes sticking to him.

“Dean!” he exclaimed, pointing his hose at the other man.

“No,” I whispered, my heart beat slowing.

The other man was slightly taller than Ashley, fairly fit with his short brown-blonde hair, stubble. Who was he?

“Suck it up princess!” he chuckled.

“You bastard,” Ashley snorted, dropping the hose.

“Hmm, come here you,” Dean hummed.

I felt my chest tighten as Ashley threw himself at Dean, his arms wrapping around his neck. Dean had then grabbed Ashley’s legs as he hoisted him up, Ashley’s legs now wrapped around him. Ashley lent down as his lips firmly connected to Dean’s. Time seemed to slow as I watched on, my heart beat pounding in my ears, anger rising slightly.

“No!” I roared, slamming my fist against the glass.

It suddenly shattered as I stepped back, my jaw dropping as Dean and Ashley looked over at the house.

“What the hell?” Ashley spoke, sliding off Dean.

I turned around as my chest started heaving, my breathing quickening.

“Castiel, please just get me out of here,” I ordered.

“As you wish,” he whispered, stepping toward me.

I felt his fingers press against my forehead as I saw the white light again, before we were back in the cabin, sitting in the same spot I was in before we left. The room filled with silence, except for my shallow breaths as I gripped the fabric of my jeans.

“I warned you Andy,” Castiel mused, appearing beside me, gazing off somewhere else.

“I-I know,” I wavered, tears brimming at my eyes. “I just, didn’t expect to see that,” I added with a shuddered sob.

Castiel looked as if he went to speak, yet stopped in his tracks, turning his head to meet my gaze.

“I am sorry Andy,” he murmured in a monotone again.

“It’s fine, do you mind if I?” I questioned, staring at a few objects in the room.

“If that is how you humans deal with anger, feel free,” he hummed.

I stood up from the couch as I walked over to the fireplace, shoving the vases and pictures off of it as I yelled in rage.

“Fucking asshole!” I screamed, my temples throbbing as I looked around the room.

Castiel simply watched on, as if he had nothing to fear.

“I just, I can’t believe this. ‘Love of his life’ that’s rich!” I roared, kicking the wall as a hole appeared there.

But my body had given in to the emotion, I didn’t have the strength. My knees buckled as I fell to the floor, hunching over as the tears took over. I should have expected it, but I didn’t. Ashley said, he said he would never love anyone again, he would never love them as much as me. Yet, he seemed happy with this Dean guy, more than happy, more like in love. The tears streamed down my face as I let out a shuddered gasp, my body trembling slightly.

“I should have stayed dead,” I whispered.

“Andrew,” Castiel spoke.

“Stop calling me Andrew!” I yelled.

“Please do not yell, I am not overly fond of conflict,” he muttered.

“Well boo-fucking-hoo angel boy!” I yelled. “You should have just left my damn soul in the pit! Could have just brought me back to life with no soul then I wouldn’t feel like crap! You obviously don’t understand because you’re an angel! Your Father understands more than you ever will! I get why you rescued me, but did you really have to show me what just happened!” I continued with rage.

“I did Andy, because if I did not then you would be heartbroken when you finally reunited with Ashley! I-I could not stand to see that. I did was I thought was right!” Castiel yelled.

I looked up as I saw his nostrils flare, his body tense. His eyes were slightly glazed and I knew somewhere inside of him had been set off. Maybe, maybe he does understand more than I thought. But what the hell am I supposed to do?

“Look, I’m sorry,” I whispered. “I’m upset, angry, confused...I don’t know what to do with myself. Castiel, will you help me please? I can’t do this alone. I need you. I sound desperate, but, you’re the closest I’ve come to any sort of contact these past few days. Please, I’m begging you,” I wavered, another tear sliding down my face.

The angel stared at me, his eyes softening as well as his features as he gave me that stupid poker face again. Fucking angels are a bunch of dicks. One of these days I’ll make that idiot crack and feel some kind of emotion.

“I will gladly offer you my service, Andy, on good terms. I would like to suggest something,” he replied.

“What?” I questioned, sitting up slightly, wiping stray tears away.

“In order for you to be safe from demon possession there is a symbol I believe that can be etched onto your skin,” Castiel answered.

“You mean tattooed?” I replied, quirking an eyebrow.

“Yes,” the angel answered with a simple nod.

I didn’t reply as that haunting silence filled with cabin again. My eyes looked everywhere bare Castiel, the way he stared right now was driving me insane, in a bad way, in a slightly...enthralling way. Dammit Andy stop! Just answer the stupid angel’s request.

“Let’s go,” I sighed.

Castiel nodded, stepping forward as he pressed his fingertips on my forehead once again, the white light towering over me.

“We will reunite, but nothing will be the same...”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am, so very very cruel. So Andy knows that Ashley and the others are alive. He knows about Dean now. Perhaps his motives or thoughts are going to change completely. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeves. I am burdened with glorious ability to screw with your emotions. Enjoy!