Awkward Stories

Story Three-- The Hot Pocket Incident

I never cook so I'm not sure about my favorite time in the kitchen. I more of a microwave kinda person. So here's a story of my favorite time I burned something I the microwave. My parents didn't find it funny, but when you accidentally over cook a Hot Pocket you can't but laugh.

It was mid summer of 2013, and I believe this took place at the end of the summer. Anyway, me and my sister were home alone. Our parents were at work and my brother and sister, Jordan and Natalie, were at a friend's house. It was just me and Ruthie. I got hungry around the evening, mostly because I woke up late and I ate 'breakfast' around one or two o'clock. I went into the freezer and I pulled out a vegan Hot Pocket. Yes those are a thing.

I walked over to the microwave, popped it in after taking off the wrapper, and closed the microwave. I must have not been paying attention what I put the time on for because I swore I put it in for two minutes. I turn around and go back to my room, which I had been cleaning. It was a disaster zone, a tornado, and looked like a volcano all wrapped up it into one. I then forgot about my food in the microwave in the kitchen with me focusing on my room.

My parents come home and after an hour there's smoke everywhere in the house! We had to open windows and turn all of our fans. The ones that weren't on anyway. They look in the microwave and I can't help be sad. I really wanted that Hot Pocket, for it was the last one and it was burned by the two hour rays of the machine. So that's my favorite time in the kitchen. It was funny to me.

In the end, I was grounded from the microwave for a week and to this day my parents won't buy me another Hot Pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to type and send this to my teacher, so I just copy and pasted it here. Have fun guy, I thought I'd share it with you.
If you can't tell, the promt was 'Your Favorite Time In The Kitchen', so here's mine. Hopefully I don't fail the assignment because I gave them something funny and true (it had to be makes up XD I put "true story" when I emailed it to her). And if I fail, just another story to tell you guys lol