Switch Up

Fake

"So, how was the mall, Easton?" Easton's mom asked. I looked around nervously, waiting for the real Easton to walk through the door and tell her mom all about how she has a twin sister, and that we found each other. I didn't want to be sitting there, speaking to a woman that wasn't my mother.

"It was n-nice." I said, shifting my leg uncomfortably over the other underneath the island counter top. She gave me a funny look and slid the cup of hot Jasmine tea over to me. I smiled gratefully and put the cup to my lips taking a quick sip. I was immediately disgusted, spitting the tea on the counter, "Ew what even is that?"

"Easton, that's your favorite tea. What are you talking about? You've loved that ever since you were 3." her mom said, looking at me strangely.

"No. I loved it. It's great. Just haven't had it in a while." I said, smiling. I put the tea cup back on the table, "I'm going to get changed for bed, and take a shower."

"Of course, darling! You don't want to miss your first day of school tomorrow. A big Junior." she said, rubbing my back. I smiled again, looking toward the door, still hoping that Easton would walk through the door and tell her mom that I was Ella and they needed to take me in because I didn't have a place to go. I chugged up the steps, looking around the hallways trying to scope out the bathroom, or Easton's room. I found a bathroom before Easton's and placed myself at the sink combing my hair out of the way before turning on the cold water.

"What are you doing?" a female voice asked behind me, "You have your own bathroom in your room and you're using the public's bathroom. What happened to you?" I turned slowly, looking at the girl behind me. Easton's sister, Jessica.

"H-hey Jess. Just feeling a little sick. Had to find the nearest bathroom." I said, giving her a slight smile. She looked at me strangely.

"Well can you move, I have to get in there. I don't have my own bathroom, like you do."

"Why not?"

"Because mom and dad love you more. You're the gift." Jessica said, shoving me out of the way. She pointed down the hall as if to remind me where Easton's bedroom was. I looked down at the floor and shuffled my way down towards the bedroom that wasn't mine. I opened the door and waited for the bathroom door to close before I called Easton's phone. It went straight to voicemail.

"Hey East. It's me. I'm in your house. They think I'm you. I don't know what to do. Come home soon cause I really need you. Love you. Ella." I hung up and looked at my things laying on the floor of Easton's bedroom. It was 8:30. Maybe if I stayed in the shower long enough it would be time to go to bed and I wouldn't have to deal with the family I was living with. I wasn't their kid. I showered really quickly, and locked my bedroom door. I looked onto the desk next to me while drying my hair, seeing a phone lying there. It was Easton's. A bright pink iPhone 5C. I saw it lying there with my texts and calls, waiting to be answered. I picked it up, and immediately knew what to do.

I was going to have to live Easton's life. I was going to have to pretend I was Easton, and be with her friends, and fit in at her rich people school. I was going to have to pretend that I was okay with being Easton. I was going to have to be her until she would show up again. It was the only way I could get away with running away from my life as Ella Watson. I was now Easton Everclear.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is kind of a filler until it gets to the part where Ella has to live Easton's life. Which won't be easy for her. But please please give feedback I would love to see what you guys would have to say!

xo, A