Accidental Trust

12

We get to David's apartment, I texted my mom saying that I was staying at Cara's and she said okay. We go in his apartment and I look around, he had a black couch with a coffee table and a flat screen in the living room. Along with a book shelf full of movies and video games. There was a small table and 2 chairs near the kitchen. "Not much, but it works." "You live alone?" "Yeah. Don't need much when its just me." "That's true." David locks the door and he starts walking towards the other room, which I'm guessing is his bedroom. He looks back at me and I realize I haven't moved. "Aria, what's wrong?" Of course David wouldn't have 2 bedrooms, its just him. So why was I so nervous? He walks up to me and holds my hands. "What's wrong?" I look down and he lifts my chin to look up at him. "I-I'm just nervous." "About what?" He lets me look back down and I close my eyes. I'm really tired and I just want to sleep. "Its my first being alone with a guy where he lives, and sleeping in the same bed as him." "You don't have to sleep in my bed, you can sleep on the couch if you'll feel more comfortable." "I feel like that would be weird though." "Its your choice Aria, I won't force you." I let out a big yawn, "come on. Lets get ready for bed."

I follow him in his bedroom, he had some band posters on the walls. There was a black dresser, a big bed with a red and black bed set, a desk with a comfy chair, and some dirty clothes scattered around. "You really neat." "Do you mean that? Or saying it as a joke because I'm a guy," he smiles down at me and I laugh. "I mean it, believe me I'm messier then you." "I highly doubt that." "I will never show you my room, it is way to messy for me to show my friends except for one because we have been friends for 6 years." "Well I'll believe it when I see it." "Which you never will," I laugh and he softly kisses me. I let out another yawn, "I have a shirt and gym shorts you can wear." "Are you sure?" "Of course, I'm not gonna let you sleep in the clothes you wore today." He opens his closet and takes a shirt off a hanger and a pair of gym shorts from the top shelf. "You are very neat, just saying." "I don't want to live in my own filth. So I always clean to make sure I'm not. You can say its one of my pet peeves." He hands me the clothes, "my bathroom is through that other door, I promise I won't come in." "Thanks."

I go in his bathroom and quickly take my shirt and shorts off, along with my shoes and socks. I put on his shirt, it smelled really good, and then his gym shorts. I look in the mirror and decided to use his hand soap to quickly wash my face. I dry my face and walk out of the bathroom, he had changed into gym shorts and a looser shirt. "Well I'm glad I changed fast," he laughs and I walk up to him. He slowly pulls me towards him and rests his hand on my cheek. "I am really glad you came with me Aria." "Why?" "I wasn't about to let my girlfriend drive a hour home this late after the day she had and from being tired." He gently kisses me and I slowly kiss him back, having the same feeling I had earlier. I slowly pull away and keep my head down, "why do you care so much about me David." "What do you mean?" "Since day one, when we first met, you cared about me. You comforted a stranger, not knowing who I was. But yet you still did. So why?" He lets out a sigh and I look up at him. "I can't explain the first time Aria, I just saw you and knew you weren't okay. I could tell you needed comfort from someone, and it was like you were trying to find someone for that but you couldn't." "Yeah I was trying to find my friend..." "But my question is, why did you put your trust in me?"

"Like you said, I can't explain it." "Aria, I still am sorry fucking up back then with you." "I know, I believe you. You proved to me that I can trust you." My eyes were heavy and I rub them with one hand. "We should get to bed. Do you want to sleep on the couch or my bed?" "Your bed." "Okay, I'll sleep on the couch." "Don't. I want to sleep with you." "Are you sure?" "I'm sure. I don't want to sleep alone. I trust you enough that you won't try anything." I get in bed first and he turns off his light and gets in bed. I pull the covers up and lay down and he lays next to me. I stare at him and I slowly hold his hand under the covers. "Why did you choose me," I whisper. I close my eyes from tiredness taking over and I feel his lips gently press against mine. "Because I could tell you were different from everyone else, and I like that about you," he whispers against my lips and I fall asleep.
___________________________________________________________________________________
I slowly wake up and I could smell food cooking. I sit up and see that David wasn't in bed and I could hear music playing. I get out of bed and walk out to where the kitchen was, seeing David cooking breakfast. I quietly go up to him and wrap my arms around his waist, "morning." I press my forehead against his back and I smile to myself. "I didn't want to wake you, so I decided to start breakfast." "Sometime I'll bake for you." "Good, I been dying to try some of your baking from what you have told me." I laugh a bit and let go of his waist and stand by him. "Was my car dropped off?" "Yeah, Jack did what I asked him to and left the keys in my mail box outside my door. I have them sitting on the counter." I look over at the counter and my keys were sitting there. I guess I can trust Jack. "What your making looks amazing." "Thanks. I didn't know what to cook so I decided on pancakes." "I like pancakes so its good to me."
___________________________________________________________________________________
I get home after 12, my parents have no idea where I really went and who I saw yesterday. "Hey Aria, did you have fun yesterday?" I smile to myself, "yeah. I did."