Accidental Trust

3

Aria's POV:
Its now Friday, and I have not heard from David at all. My friends are telling me to just wait a little longer because he might be busy. That could be true, but one of my friends the other night, Shakira, told me that he must have figured how "easy" I would of been for him to kiss me and that I might have let him. I really don't know what to do, I never dealt with a guy before. I wanna be nice and give him a chance, but if he's never gonna text me back, then what's the point of trying. I check my facebook and everything is quiet online. I let out a sigh and stare at my phone, I still have his text from Monday. I only tried to get into contact with him twice this week after Monday. I don't want to be appear clingy. 'So... are you just not gonna talk? I mean I get it if your busy'. Alex hasn't text me back as well, but he's my friend for over a year now. The only reason I brought up David to Alex is because he has made it known if I have trouble with someone, aka a guy who's hurting me, he will kick their ass for me. Alex doesn't have a pretty history, he got arrested once for drug possession a few years back. I was surprised when he told me, then again he admitted he was drinking when he texted me that. He once showed up to class drunk and left a hour early. But he's nice, and I can trust him. When I first met Alex, I was unsure of him and didn't want to talk to him. But then we started to talk more and now we're friends.

I go back on facebook and see that my friend Abby messaged me. She finally saw my message about a guy almost kissing me on Sunday. 'was he cute?' 'very cute' 'girl i need details!' I laugh to myself and start telling her. She would message me back when I was still telling her and I had to tell her to stop, gosh I love her to death. 'So... what do you think?' 'i think he sounds sweet, but it was weird as well' 'i knew you were gonna say that' 'how?' 'your not the only one trust me, shakira has already given me a lecture to not trust him' 'then you gotta wait and see then i guess'. I stare back at my phone and let out a sigh, I guess. But I'm only giving him the weekend to text me, because I don't want to keep trying if he's never gonna answer back.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Sunday:
Last night was a mess, my family left me home alone for my sister's volleyball games that is 2 hours away so I stayed home with the animals. I really do hate being home alone at night, I always get freaked out at the smallest noises. When its the same noises I hear through out the day. I swear I'm gonna be a mess when I move out. My door bell rings and I quickly run to the door, my friend Spencer at the door. I have known Spencer since 9th grade, making this the 6th year we been friends. She's the longest friend I have had. Most just stay for a few years or a year and then they leave me like our friendship was nothing. There's a reason I have trust issues. "So... I have to tell you something about the concert." "What is it?" "Well remember how I told you since I got a cold I know who I didn't get it from?" "...Yeah?" "And that I tried to crowd surf for the first time and I fell?" "Yeah it was really stupid to do." "I thought I was gonna be fine, shut up. Anyway." I tell her everything that happened after I got out of the pit and what happened with David, well not every detail. It was so awkward just to type it, its weirder to say it out loud. "Well whoever this guy is, he needs to pass to front porch test." And I bust out laughing and so does she, she brought up a How I Met Your Mother reference.

"Well trust me, this guy doesn't fit the front porch test." "What do you mean?" I finish telling her, and how he hasn't text me back all week. "Delete him off your phone." "I am, tomorrow." "No do it now." "Why can't I give him one more day, a week after we met." "Kyle texts me back all the time. He's not texting you." "Here's the difference, Kyle is your boyfriend of 2 years." "So, he texted me before we got together." "That's still different, you guys already knew each other. David I just met. There's a huge difference and you know it." "Well Kyle-" "There's a difference and you know that." "Delete him." "Why not give him till tomorrow." "Why can't I be nice for one more day till I send him a rude text." "Because that's what he wants, he wants you to text him, to beg him to talk to you, to see if your hung up on him." "Why can't I give him one more day." "Just delete him! Or here! Let me delete him for you!" "I can do it myself!!" I grab my phone and go in the bathroom, my hand was shaking from anger. I finish up in the bathroom and wash my hands before grabbing my phone. I stare at his name in my contacts, I close my eyes and think back to that night. He was the first guy ever to say and do those things to me.... He made me feel like there was no else and what time it was.... He was nice enough to let me hug him and cry because he could tell I was really freaked out by something...

I open my eyes and stare at his name. No text since Monday. Nothing. But Alex hasn't text me either. But Alex is my friend. David is... What is David... I hold his name till it lit up and gave me the option to delete him. I click delete and his name deletes from my contacts. I let out a sigh and I look in the mirror.

For the first time I meet a guy, and he seems to be a player. Maybe Shakira is right. Maybe that's what he wanted out of me. To get something from me. And then maybe later on hurt me after I give him what he wants.

Wait. Playlist Live. He knows what it is. My heart beat picks up and I hold the counter edge. What if he's there. Its in 2 months, there's a possibility he might be there, he lives where it takes place. He knows what it is. What if I see him at another concert. What if I see him at playlist. He's not gonna recognize me. I'm gonna be dressed better and I won't look like shit. But I will recognize him.