Status: Drama packed sequel!

Two Pieces of a Broken Heart

She’s your responsibility now

“Where is the damn centerpiece for the dessert table?” I yelled as threw my hands in the air.

When Rae called me last week she told me that Jack proposed and she of course accepted. She was so excited that she was squealing so much that I could barely understand her. I was insanely pissed at Jack for doing it suddenly and not going with our whole proposal plan. But when he told me it was because he saw how life doesn't always go as planned and how short life can be after Johnny’s diagnosis that he couldn't wait and just popped the question, I couldn't be mad at him. I completely understood. But since he ruined the big proposal me and the girls decided to throw her an engagement party. She has no idea that we are doing this but we wanted her to have something special.

Me, Scarlett and Candice slaved night and day for the last week to get this party done perfectly. And let me tell you it wasn't easy. Mercy was on keep Rae distracted duty since Jack and Zack were helping Alex move. Brie was helping out my mom with Johnny and Ryleigh. Savannah kept the girls for me so I could get everything done. Times like
this I'm thankful for a big family.

“I have it!” I heard Scarlett say. I turned and saw her bringing over the big Eiffel Tower centerpiece. Yes since Rae didn't get her Paris proposal we are giving her a Paris engagement party. The room was decked out with twinkly lights and everything is black and gold with hints of pink. I'm praying that she loves it.

“Oh thank god!” I breathed out placing a hand over my chest. “I just want this to be perfect for her.”

“We know, Lo.” Scarlett smiled. “How are you doing though? I've known you my whole life practically, I know when you're hiding from something.”

I sighed as I fell into a chair. Scarlett is right I am hiding something and I thought I was doing better at it. “I'm just scared.”

“Of what?” She asked. “Is it about Johnny?”

“In a way yeah.” I shrugged. “Jack had the right idea when he proposed to Rae. I’ve spent months keeping Alex at arms length. He’s done everything to prove to me that he wants to be with me and be a dad to our girls but I’ve been too scared to make the plunge. I was given this chance to be with the love of my life again and I’m wasting it.”

“So you want to marry him?” she asked with a huge smile on her face.

“Of course I want to marry him.” I laughed at her enthusiasm. “But I’m terrified. I don’t want to lose him again.”

“Oh honey you will never lose him again. That boy loves you and would give you the world if he could.” She reassured me. “I’m going to tell you a story that I’m sure no one knows.”

I looked at her weird. What could she possibly tell me that not even Jack knew? Cause let me tell you that boy knows everything. It’s like his super power. You can’t be around Jack and not spill your guts. I just sat back and Let Scarlett tell her story.

“It wasn’t long after Aspen had been born, Rae asked me if I could drop off Faith to Alex because there was some emergency at the bakery. Anyways I said I would and when I got to his parents he seemed a bit off. I had kept in contact with him after you guys broke up because I knew I could handle being the middleman so I knew that he was upset about something. I told Faith to go find her grandma so I could talk to her daddy. That poor guy was torn up cause he wished that baby was his. It took everything in my power to not tell him the truth. He looked so broken. And that broke me. He said he hadn’t admitted that to anyone and asked for me to not say a word so I didn’t. All he wanted was for Aspen to be his and for you guys to be together. Hell I think he would have been with you if Aspen was really Zack’s. That’s how much he loves you.”

I never knew he felt that way. I thought he just hated me and immediately moved on to Lisa. That’s how it seemed at the time anyways. “He wants me and the girls to move in with him.”

“Are you going to?” She asked curiously.

I sighed, “I told him I didn’t want to take the girls away from their home. But I was just being scared. The house is beautiful and Faith really wants to live there.”

“Then stop being a scaredy pants and get your man!” She laughed.

I knew she was right. Life is so short and I need to just put my fears aside and live the best life I can for me and my girls. I’ve wanted a family my entire life. And I want better for my girls than what I had growing up. My mom did the absolute best she could for us and I wouldn’t trade my childhood for anything but I also wished that I had a dad.

“I’ll talk to him tonight.” I smiled at her.

“That’s my sister!” She squealed as she wrapped her arms around me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Okay everyone Mercy just text me and said that they are outside.” I announced. Jack was happy that he had an excuse to not be around Rae today cause he knew he would end up spilling the secret. I’m actually surprised he kept it a secret this long.

I stood by the entrance with Jack while everyone stood around the room. I was excited to see her reaction. I could hear Rae’s voice arguing with Mercy over why she had to wear the dress she picked out just to eat dinner. This made me laugh. Rae wasn’t one to get all dressed up unless she’s going to the club.

“Just shut up and go inside.” Mercy told Rae.

“SURPRISE!” Everyone shouted as they walked through the door.

“Oh my god!” Rae gasped as she put her hands over her mouth and started to cry. “What is all of this?”

“Well since Jack decided to propose early and I didn’t get to do the big grand gesture he was planning I decided to give you an engagement party” I explained to her. “Of course with the help of Scarlett, Candice and Mercy.”

“You guys are seriously the best ever!” She gushed then hugged each of us. “Thank you so much.”

“It is our pleasure.” Candice told her. “We are just so happy that you found your happily ever after.”

“Yeah, Jack. She’s your responsibility now.” Scarlett joked.

“I’m okay with that responsibility.” He laughed as he pulled Rae to him and kissed her forehead.

“This place looks stunning.” Rae said in amazement. She couldn’t stop looking around the room.

“It took us forever but the outcome is pretty spectacular.” I said.

As Rae and Jack started to mingle with their guests I decided to pull Alex aside to talk. I found him over by the food table staring at his phone intently. I made my way over to him and bumped him with my hip. “What’s with serious look?”

He looked up with a smile. “Nothing just checking on the girls.” His mom had them for the night. Faith and Aspen love their grandparents so much. Isobel always loves to have them. I’m so in love with how dedicated Alex is with them as well. It warms my heart.

“You think we can talk outside for a minute?” His face went pale and he looked terrified. I probably could have worded that better so I wouldn’t scare him. “It’s not a bad thing, I promise.”

He calmed down slightly, releasing the breath he was holding in. “Is it about what I asked you about?”

I smiled, looking down for a second then looking back up at him. “It is.” I nodded. “I’ve been running for far too long. We both made mistakes and I’m tired of holding onto those mistakes. I want to forget about all the bad stuff and focus on the good. Focus on the present which is us and our little girls. I said I didn’t want to uproot them and move but I was just scared of moving forward. I want us to start our life together. And I know they want that too. So yes, Alex, I will move in with you.”

Alex’s face lit up and he got the biggest smile on his face. It was like a little kid on Christmas morning. “Really?”

“Yes.” I nodded. He immediately picked me up and twirled me around causing me to squeal.

“I love you so much.” he told me before kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
It’s been YEARS!!! Not sure anyone even is still in here reading anything but I came across some chapters and decided to post one just to see if anyone still reads. Enjoy!