Status: Slowly but surely

A New Life

Twenty Questions and New Friends

For the last four hours Edward and I had spent working on the duet we were going to sing for our class in less than two weeks. We had gone through both songs I had given to Edward and we had dissected each song.

“So which song do you like most?” I asked for the millionth time.

“I like both songs equally,” Edward said for the millionth time and I groaned falling sideway on the couch.

“No you don’t,” I said, “You keep going back to one song to make it perfect.”

“Oh really which song is that?” he asked.

“Let Her Go,” I replied, “You keep looking at the lyrics.”

“Then let’s go with that song,” he said and I silently thanked the gods.

“Let’s take a break,” I groaned looking up at the ceiling, “My brain is mush.”

“Then play me another song you wrote,” he said and I looked at him.

“I don’t share my songs,” I replied, “I only shared those two because I didn’t want to start from scratch.”

“Then let’s get to know each other,” Edward said not skipping a beat.

“Like what? Play twenty questions?” I asked.

“Sure,” he said, “What’s your full name?”

“Grace Mae Potter,” I said, “You?”

“Edward Anthony Cullen,” he said, “You ask a question.”

“Where did you live before living here?” I asked.

“Alaska,” he replied, “Are you an only child?”

“Yes,” I said, “Why don’t you like people?”

We then just spent another hour just talking and getting to know each other. Turns out we had a lot in common. Not only did we have similar taste in music but we had a lot of the same views on life, love, friends, pretty much everything. We shared embarrassing stories on things we did growing up and I then remembered about the invite Bella gave me to go down to La Push tomorrow.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” I asked out of the blue and Edward looked over at me.

“I don’t know why?” Edward asked cautiously.

“Well Bella invited me to go down to La Push tomorrow,” I said, “Come with. I don’t want to be a third wheel.”

“I wish I could Grace but. . .” Edward started and I completely understood.

“You already made plans I understand,” I said quickly, “It was last minute. Maybe next time.”

“Yeah,” Edward said, “Maybe next time.”

However I could tell by Edward’s response that there wouldn’t be a next time because his answer was short and the smile he gave was tight. I wasn’t going to point it out so I just nodded my head.

“So what do you want to do?” Edward asked, “We can’t finish the song today because then we’ll be bored in class tomorrow.”

“Well then I guess I can go find Alice,” I started.

“Or I could show you the stream by the house,” Edward said quickly and I looked over at him and he gave me a small smile.

“Okay,” I said as he helped up from the couch.

We walked down the hallway to the living room and out the backdoor and headed into the trees in the backyard.

“You know you need to warm your hands up a bit Mr. Cullen,” I said, “Your hands are freezing.”

“I know,” Edward said, “I try everything but they never seem to warm up.”

“Maybe you can have Carlisle look at it,” I said and Edward nodded his head.

“I’ll make sure that happens,” Edward said and I couldn’t respond because of the sight in front of me.

It was completely beautiful. There was a giant rock next to the stream that was halfway frozen since it was November and I was in awe. I was looking around and kicked myself for not having my camera to take pictures of this.

“This is beautiful Edward,” I said.

“I come here to think a lot,” he said as we were standing side by side.

“Then why show me?” I asked confused, “I would never show someone my thinking spot.”

“Because I think you and I have the same thought about how beautiful and peaceful this spot is,” he said, “Also I only show beautiful girls this spot.”

I blushed at his words and then looked up at Edward.

“Well aren’t you the charmer Mr. Cullen,” I said and he smiled lightly at me.

“Go on a date with me tomorrow afternoon,” he said, “I’ll make sure to have you home at a reasonable time since it’s a Sunday. Spend the morning in La Push and then come home and we’ll go to Port Angeles for dinner.”

“Edward,” I said shocked and flabbergasted that I could even have someone of the opposite sex even consider asking me out on a date after what I went through back home.

“If you don’t want to I completely understand,” Edward said quickly but I could hear the hurt in his voice and I quickly shook my head no.

“It’s not that Edward,” I said quickly and grabbed his hand and he looked at me, “Let me cancel with Jake and Bella. They said that the two of them were going to go cliff diving so I would be a third wheel. How about we go to Port Angeles for the day? Show me around since that’s the next big town.”

“Grace I don’t want you to cancel on Bella,” Edward said, “That’s not fair. Maybe next weekend we can go to Port Angeles.”

I sighed because I knew that Edward wasn’t going to budge on that.

“Friday night,” I said, “No ifs ands or buts about it.”

“Deal,” Edward smiled lightly at me, “Now let’s get you home before your mom thinks that I kidnapped you.”

I just laughed and rolled my eyes. Edward and I walked back into his house and I said goodbye to everyone and then headed home to think about what was going on between me and Edward Cullen.

*********


The next morning I woke up at a decent time and got ready for Bella to come pick me up and we were going to head down to La Push for the day. We were going to go cliff diving whatever that meant so I threw on my bathing suit and put some clothes over it and was doing my hair when Bella came down the stairs to the downstairs.

“Ready Grace?” she asked as I put my bag together.

“Yup,” I said, “Want a poptart before we go?”

“Of course,” she said as we rushed up the stairs and I grabbed poptarts for us and we left a note for our parents since they were going to be together.

We walked out of the house and hopped into Bella’s old beat up red truck.

“So what did you do yesterday?” Bella asked.

“Um. . .Edward and I are partners for a project for music class so we spent most of the day working on that,” I said.

“You went to his house,” Bella said shocked.

“Yeah,” I said feeling like that wasn’t normal, “He asked me on a date too.”

“He did what?!” Bella exclaimed and the car swerved a bit.

“What?” I asked confused, “Is he not a good guy or something Bella?”

“No, no, it’s,” Bella started and then sighed, “It’s hard to explain. Maybe Jake and his friends can help.”

I just gave Bella this weird look as we pulled up to the cliff where I saw Jake and a bunch of other people.

“Just hear them out before you get pissed off okay,” Bella said, “Because I know you’ll get pissed off okay?”

“I’ll try,” I sighed as we got out and I grabbed my bag.

“What!?” I heard a guy exclaim, “Bella has girl friends that’s a first. You feeling okay Bella?”

“Shut up Paul,” I heard Jake’s voice, “Hey Grace.”

“Hey Jake,” I said as Jacob hugged me.

Jacob then kissed Bella and I was introduced to Jacob’s friend.

“Grace meet Paul the pain in the ass, Seth the youngest, Embry and Quil my best friends, Leah one of the three girls, and Sam and Emily should be here soon.”

“Nice to meet you all,” I said, “I’m Grace Potter.”

“As in Anne Potter’s kid?” Paul asked.

“Yeah,” I said warily.

“My dad and your mom were friends,” Paul smiled at me.

I shook my head and then everyone went to go do their own thing. Leaving me and Paul by ourselves.

“So have you ever been cliff diving before?” he asked and I shook my head no.

“Not at all,” I said.

“Well you’re going to have fun,” he said, “I can jump with you if you want.”

“Sure,” I said, “Still doesn’t mean I’m going to sleep you.”

Someone over heard my response to Paul and they started cracking up and I turned to see Quil and Embry just laughing as Paul glared at him.

“Shut down Paul,” Quil laughed as I was highfived by both Quil and Embry.

“I’ll show you shut down,” Paul muttered at them while we all laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's an update everyone! Please tell me if you like this or not. Thanks.