‹ Prequel: My Darling
Sequel: Again and Again
Status: Enjoy! Ehehehe

Through the Glass

Four

The doors to Thor’s chambers shut and Xaven is filled with dread, she was hopping to be able to see her Uncle and not have her father know about it at all. How he found out, Xaven does not know, but she is trembling. Thor crosses the room and places an arm on the window as he stares out at the changing sky. He is furious at Xaven, but even more he is worried. Thor is afraid to ask what Loki told her, but he needs to know. “Sit,” Thor grunts and Xaven sits down on the couch without a word. Keeping his back towards his daughter Thor scratches his beard and shakes his head. “You blatantly lied to the guards, snuck into the dungeons and spoke to Loki…why?”

“I-I needed answers.”

“Answers? To what? You shouldn’t have even known of Loki’s existence…” Thor spins on his heels and he narrows his eyes as he looks at Xaven and she quickly looks down at her lap. “How did you know about Loki?” Xaven bites her lip, not saying anything and Thor grinds his teeth. Taking large steps over to Xaven, Thor stares down at her, “Who told you?!” he shouts and Xaven jumps from the rage in her father’s voice. “Do you understand that what you have done is punishable by death?”

Xaven’s head snaps up and she gawks at her Father with wide eyes. “You would have me killed?” Xaven’s voice shakes and she balls her hands into fists as she thinks over everything Cora and Loki told her about Thor and Odin. “Why? B-Because I-”

“You broke a law!” Thor growls, his blue eyes dark as he starts to pace in front of Xaven. “Why would you do such a thing?”

“I overhead you and Grandmother,” Xaven mumbles and Thor opens his mouth, but shuts it. With a sigh he walks over to the other couch and sits down across from Xaven. “Why didn’t you tell me you had a brother?”

Thor runs a hand through his hair and groans, “Loki is not someone our family talks about Xaven. He has caused a lot of pain to those on Asgard and in other realms. I did not want him in your life.”

“He is your brother, he’s family,” Xaven emphasizes and Thor nods his head sadly.

“Yes, but that does not change to damage he has done. You are too young to under-”

“You have to let him go,” Xaven demands and Thor scarfs at his daughter.

“Let Loki go? Have you gone mad?”

“Father, listen to me. I talked to him, I really talked to him.”

“You may think that, but Loki is the God of lies; what is truth and what is false are two in the same.”

“Talk to him yourself.”

Thor shakes his head and stands, “No. I am done with this conversation. You are forbidden to ever go into the dungeons.”

“Father-”

“We are done!” Thor snaps glaring down at his daughter and Xaven bites her lower lip. Thor’s harsh glare eases up and he places his hands on his hips. “Someday you will understand-”

“Father, please?” Xaven pleas picking her head up. Her hazel eyes boar into Thor’s blue and Thor’s breath catches in his throat. He has seen that look before, it is a look that has haunted his dreams for many years. It is the same look Loki had on his face before he fell into the abyss. Xaven notices her Father’s silence and she continues in a soft voice. “You are right, I do not know everything about Loki or what really happened, but he has changed. If you just talk to him, look into his eyes you’ll see that I am not lying, that-that Loki is not lying when he answers your questions.”

Thor lowers himself back down onto the couch and Xaven sighs, knowing that he is listening to her. “Loki told me of his past with Cora…he still loves her Father and she loves him.”

“Xaven-”

“No, Father listen to me. It’s hard to pretend you love someone when you don’t, but it’s harder to pretend that you don’t love someone when you really do.” Xaven stretches her arm out across the table and Thor takes hold of her hand. “Father, they love each other. Don’t you think a century is long enough to be kept away from the one you truly love?” Thor gazes into his daughter’s eyes, the eyes of his Sif and he sighs giving Xaven’s hand a light squeeze.

“You have your Mother’s tongue,” Thor tells Xaven with a tight smile on his lips. “She spoke for what she believed and she would not give up until she was truly heard.” Thor pulls his hand from Xaven and stands. “I will take this matter to the council and asks Cora thoughts as well.” Xaven’s eyes light up at her Father’s words and Thor smiles grimly. “Do not get your hopes up child. Loki’s crimes were gravis and not easily forgotten by anyone. I do not promise his freedom, but I promise I will do all I can to bring Cora the happiness she deserves.”

Xaven stands up and she walks around the table. Standing in front of her Father, Xaven warps her arms around Thor’s waist and Thor hugs her tightly, “Thank you, Father.”

Thor kisses the top of Xaven’s head and closes his eyes, “Go now and promise me you will stay out of the dungeons.”

Xaven pulls out of Thor’s arms and she nods her head, “I promise.” With that said, Thor waves her off and Xaven hurries out of Thor’s room. Alone in his chambers, Thor sighs and rubs his face with his hands. He lets out a tired groan and cracks his back, stretching his arms above his head before he lets his arms drop to his sides. The task Xaven has giving him will be a hard one and it is one he is not looking forward to. Thor loves Loki with all his heart, but he does not trust him, not after everything he has done.

Image

Walking down the hall, Cora laughs at the story Frigga tells her. On her left side Frigga smiles, her eyes bright in laughter as she recalls the time she found Cora and Loki playing in her make up. “Loki must have hated me,” Cora laughs and Frigga shakes her head.

“Oh no, child. Loki was enjoying himself as much as you were. He took great joy is covering your face in whatever he could get his hands on.”

“Did my Father yell at me?”

“No, he was away at the time. Though Odin made sure to give you and Loki a firm talking to, which was amusing in its own self because he was trying hard not to laugh.”

“Really?” Cora asks surprised and Frigga laughs nodding her head.

“Yes. Believe it or not, Odin was very fond of the two of you in your younger years.”

“How old were we then?”

Frigga thinks about it short and grins, “Five and Thor was eight, and he was the one that found the two of you first.” Cora giggles and Frigga links arms with the young woman.

“Mother! Cora!” Looking over their shoulders, Cora and Frigga’s laughter dies down when they see Thor running down the hall towards them, his face serious.

Cora looks at Frigg and Frigga looks at her with a raised eyebrow. “Did you do anything?” Frigga questions and Cora shakes her head.

“You?” Frigga laughs.

“No…let’s see what he wants.” Frigg and Cora turn around and wait for Thor to reach them. Panting slightly, Thor bows to the woman and they bow back. “Thor what is wrong?”

“Forgive me Mother, but I need to speak to the two of you in closed quarters,” Thor explains as he looks between the two woman.

“Very well, we shall go to my chambers. They are closest.” Frigga lets Cora’s arm go and she leads the way to her chambers, dismissing the guards at the door. Once inside of Frigga’s chambers the group splits. Thor sits in an arm chair while Frigga and Cora sit together on the love seat. “What is the meaning of this meeting?”

Thor claps his hands together and comes right out with it, “Xaven went to the dungeons and visited Loki.”

“What?!” Cora nearly shirks, but Frigga pats her arm lightly.

“By what means? I thought she knew nothing of Loki,” Frigga asks, though she knows Xaven how Xaven found out.

“Xaven overheard the two of you talking,” Cora states and Thor turns his attention to Cora. She looks at him with troubled eyes and Thor frowns.

“She talked of love and a past that she should know nothing about. Tell me, when were you going to inform me that my daughter had come to you seeking answers?” Thor growls and Cora fiddles with the ring on her finger. “Did you tell her to go seek out Loki?”

“No!” Cora’s eyes narrow. “I would never to that do you Thor. You are my friend and-”

“You know nothing of friendship. I told you to never tell Xaven of Loki!”

“What did you want me to do, huh? Lie? Lie like your Father did to Loki?!” Cora snaps and the room is silent.

Thor glares at Cora and laughs mockingly, “How touching.”

Frigga frowns at her son’s tone and steps in, “Both of you need to stop it. The only one to blame for this situation right now is us.” Frigga points a finger between herself and Thor. “We need to focus on the issue at hand. Thor, you came to us for a reason. What is it?” Frigga asks and Thor sighs looking away from Cora as he speaks.

“Xaven has asked that I set Loki free.”

“You’re not going to,” Cora states with sadness in her eyes and Thor doesn’t look at her. “After all this time…you really are your Odin’s son,” Cora hisses and she stands up suddenly making Thor look at her. Cora glares down at Thor and points at him, “I don’t care what people say. King or no King, you are no better than everyone who taunted Loki his whole life.” Cora words are venomous as she speaks and before Thor or Frigga can respond, Cora storms out of the room.

Frigga stares at her son and Thor can feel her eyes on her. “You agree with her.”

Frigga stands up and walks over to Thor sitting on the arm of the chair. “Not completely, but, I think love is louder than the pressure to be perfect. Go talk to her Thor. Try to see this situation through Cora and Loki’s eyes.” Frigga warps her arms around Thor’s shoulders and kisses his temple. “Love is not as clear cut as you would like to believe, my son.” Thor leans into Frigga embrace and sighs when Frigga starts to run her fingers through his hair.

“How can I trust him, Mother?” Thor asks softly.

“Trust starts with forgiveness and the steps from there are your own to make.”

“I cannot just forget everything-”

“You do not have to forget to forgive. If you did, you would be a fool. Understand?” Frigga states and Thor chuckles deeply.

“I understand Mother,” Thor mutters and he pulls away from Frigga’s embrace. Thor picks himself up out of the arm chair and he kisses Frigga’s cheek before he leaves her chambers in search of Cora.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xaven's dress
Cora's dress

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.