The Black Swan

020

I’d had enough. It was hard as it was for me to mix any cocktails knowing Brian was on the stage and all of the girls were drooling over him and then there was Andrew. On my left. Closer than ever. This was going to be a long night.

I tried to get my head out of my ass, I swear I did, but even when they finished their little show, I didn’t feel any more at ease as if an alligator would be chewing on my leg and a parrot- pecking out my eyeballs. Painful wasn’t even a word right now.

Brian had been leaning against the counter with that hot mess brunette by his side for the last twenty or so minutes. I couldn’t think straight, I couldn’t even make the drinks anymore, cause everything that I wanted to do with the goddamn bottle of Sambuca was not making flaming shots for some intoxicated groupies, nah, that was too mainstream, I wanted to pour the liquid over the brunette’s head, lit her on fire and crush the bottle against that Dragon Ball Z’s head, in mean time enjoying the fireworks like on the fourth of July.

This was, hands down, one of my worst nights. And I was out. Literally, I fucked everything at the moment and went out of the bar, just to, believe it or not, unpurposely run in Brian’s companion’s side.

„Hey!” I decided to ignore her irritated shout, but she was in other thoughts. Please, please, just kill me now, so I won’t wake up in a prison cell the next morning. I beg you.

„Leave it,” I heard Brian chuckle somewhere behind my back. I was looking over the dance floor, trying to find where Jenna was, but didn’t see anyone of my need. Great. Probably in some corner with Matt. Well, fuck you too.

„But baby, she hurt me,” That sugar sweet voice made me throw up in my mouth a bit. Well, almost. I checked my pockets and felt myself relax a bit, finding what I’d been searching for.

„I believe it was an accident,” Oh that flirty tone of his, I just wanted to take off that dangerous high heel shoe I was wearing and wack him real good. All this homicidal thoughts left me thinking, was I related to criminals of any kind? Some mafia, perhaps? Was it normal?

„Yeah, you’re right,” I didn’t even want to know what the hell was she doing behind my back whilst I was scannining the dance floor. „She’s not worth my time...”

Okay. I closed my eyes just to inhale deeply and exhale moments later. Maybe I’ll regret it some time later, but what the hell... Bizkit’s Rollin was just pumping too much adrenaline through my veins. God bless America and freedom of my fist. It was just a second before I went for her nose. Usually owners don’t fight the customers, but she didn’t know I was the owner either way. One thing I took from Roy- Go for the bullseye. I could not miss Brian’s wide eyed stare in a million years as his one night stand shot her hands in front of her nose.

Now you can say I hurt you...” I smiled straight in her face. I think she was crying. Well... Maybe she had learned a lesson, some really had to think before opening their mouth.

„Al,” Jenna was fighting the crowd with a dissatisfied look on her face, she frowned seeing Brian asking the bartender for some ice, later connecting her gaze with the crying girl. „What the fuck just happened?”

„Al’s had too much drinks tonight... obviously,” Brian hissed, putting the ice cubes in a dark green napkin, before putting them on the girls nose. Too much drinks? I beg you’re pardon? Jenna was looking very incredulous, I just shrugged.

„She fell on my fist, no biggy.” And then I got the wrinkle making frown on my face as I saw Will emerging from the crowd.

„Oh hey, congratulations on the opening!” He was already holding some sort of a drink in his hands. Before... how many minutes did he had to be here and working?

„You had to save the punch for him,” Jenna whined, looking extremely sad, while Will looked confused, Brian pissed (welcome to the club, mate) and the girl seemed she was about to pass out seeing the blood dripping from her nose. I crossed fingers and hoped it was broken. „Goddamit Ally, you ruined all the plan.” What? Was there a plan? Oh right, I had to give Will a black eye if he wasn’t here in five minutes. Well... He was here. And he arrived exactly after two hours and twenty four minutes since the text Jenna sent him.

„What is...” Will looked from me to Jenna and then again at me and then he saw the girl, and being the annoying superman he was, he went in a rescue mission to save the hammered damsel in distress from Brian’s soothing fingers. „Oh my god, is she okay?”

„For fuck sake,” I rolled my eyes, grabbing Jenna by her arm and dragging her to the same looking opaque glass door that we already saw at the other bar. Only this was no stock. I opened the door to reveal a dim lighting, three couches for party animals like Jenna and myself who used to drink through nights and work through days or vice versa. This was one of the rare rooms in the building that actually had a window. A rather large one. It started from the ceiling and went till the very end. It even had a type of French balcony. This was my favorite place in the club, not mentioning the whole club itself. Maybe in the nearest future I’ll make this room as my office. Who knows.

„What was that about?” She sat down in one of the couches, showing me her deep wrinkle between her dark eyebrows.

„Nothing,” I sighed. Actually it didn’t feel like nothing, my knuckles were tortured by this sweet, sweet pain. „She just... pissed me off. That’s all.” I pulled the pocket of green herbs out, making Jenna’s eyebrows shot up in surprise.

„Where did you get it?” She sounded kind of pious, which made me raise my eyebrow. Hadn’t she seen marijuana in her life.

„Dude... it’s just weed.”

„I haven’t smoked for a year... It’s like paradise in a pocket.” Okay, now she was starting to get silly with her wide eyed look and worship all over the place.

„You’re really starting to freak me out man....” I pulled out some papers I had borrowed from Jenna’s bag, let’s guess if she’ll even notice they’re hers.

„Gotcha!” She started laughing so hard, she even clapped her hands. I didn’t quite get the joke, but okay. It didn’t take too while before I was holding a joint between my fingers, ready to be lit and smoked until there truly was no tomorrow. I picked up the blue lighter that was so carelessly laying on the coffee table in front of us and lit my little masterpiece, dragging in a couple of times and passing on to Jenna. „This is really good...” She mimicked my action. Yeah, Andrew really knew his stuff. I got to my feet and walked across the room to open the big window, before returning in my previous place. „So what really happened back at the bar?”

„I told you already,” My fingers snapped the joint from her and I dragged in a couple more times, „the girl really fucking pissed me,”

„What did she do?” Jenna blew out a thick gray cloud.

„She told I was not worth her time, so I made her worth my time. I’m not selfish you know...” She looked very skeptical.

„And it has nothing to do with Brian licking her face, right?” No, absolutely not... Wait, when the hell did they make out, and where was I for not noticing it?

„What?!” She passed me the joint to inhale the last bits, before putting it out against the side of the ash tray.

Jenna raised her tattooed arms in defense, „Hey, I may be mistaken, you know I have bad vision and all that crap, but I thought I saw them kind of tongue wrestling...”

„Are you even supposed to tell me this?” I felt the marijuana hitting and it really swept me off my feet. I had not a care at the moment and I felt really good. All the worries kind of flew away. Ally’s problem’s on the plane to the I-don’t-give-a-fuck land. Last call! Chop-chop, guys!

„I don’t know... I’m drunk and high, which usually is not a good thing, but we’ll see... I just hope I won’t wake up in jail the next morning. I stole a wallet...”

„What the fuck did you just say?” I looked deeply in her bloodshot eyes, forcing a laugh from coming out. It looked like it was difficult for her to even think straight. She... stole... a wallet. Why on earth would she do something like that?

„It’s Brian’s. I figured he kept something interesting in it, perhaps some coke...” She lifted herself up a bit and pulled out a black leather wallet from her pocket. „Let’s see what we have in here...” I laid my head on her shoulder. It felt like my head was made of steel, it was impossible to hold it. Jenna opened the leather piece just to reveal some credit and debut cards, his driver’s license... I cracked a laugh, I just couldn’t. He looked nothing like himself in the photo. It seemed like he had bleached his hair, for god sake. If it wasn’t for the name and the surname on the license, I would’ve doubted Jenna really stole his wallet. She picked out a bunch of banknotes, but I was not sure she was capable of even counting them, „fucking plenty, I can tell you that... Guess who's treat it's tonight!” Was she even aware we didn't have to pay for our drinks? Oh wait, she was stoned. Okay. She put them back, but something fell on her lap, which she didn’t notice. „What? No cocaine? What kind of a good for nothing rockstar that douche is?” I picked up the small paper piece to notice it was a photo. „What’s that? Is that you?” I stared blankly at it. If it wasn’t for weed, I would be a heck load of confused. The girl had long hair, emerald eyes and sensual plump lips. And looked a heck like me. Brian also was in the photo and the two of them looked very happy, he had leaned over the girls shoulder and was looking at her, like he was about to kiss her, but the girl, she was laughing. Such a beautiful photo and I knew for a fact that wasn’t me. Yeah, sure, we had some photo boot foolish pictures with him, where I was punching him and he was biting me. But... see, I had never in my life been a fair haired girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
O-oh, what the hell is happening? What do you think, guys? You know your opinion would mean a world to me. :))